9 members have voted

1. 1. How is this?

• Excellent
    • Good, needs some work
    • Average
    • Bad

Major    639

My story

I was born in Denver, Colorado the son of a military family. From a young age I developed an appreciation for people, places and their wellbeing. The beautiful landscape around me captivated me, and made me want to see the rest of the world and the people in it. In school I was a fairly average student, enjoying chemistry, math, and biology. Over time, my interests turned towards medicine and the military. I realized that a career in the army could help me fulfill my aspirations. When I was in school, from elementary to high school, I saw minorities pestered and bullied, muslims, jews, and anyone else who wasn't "normal". These experiences shaped what I am today.

So, after my grade school was complete I joined the army as an officer, after completing officer's college. Many were needed in the medical field, in order to help those in need at our deployments in Chernarus, Afghanistan, and Iraq. My mother and father, (no siblings) were killed in a car accident by a drunk driver. This tragic event left me with only one option: my duty and career as a US army doctor. I was honored by being able to travel to Chernarus with a team of cultural advisors, providing proper communication and medical aid to the people in the far reaches of the country. The people, landscape and the rich culture of this country enthralled me.

I made the decision to leave the army and join the CDF (Chernarussian Defence Forces). They found my skills useful in their effort to reconcile the insurgent faction NAPA, who had been fighting the Chedaki, and were extremely wary of us. I was not formally attached to a unit, but was called up when needed. In my spare time I honed my survival skills by traveling and hiking the country with my trusty Ak-74 and my German shepherd, by my side. I was able to learn and understand the native language, which opened a new door for me. I settled down in the town of Balota, close to the airstrip there, which made my job as a reservist easier.

The CDF was bringing in fresh recruits to be trained, so I volunteered to show them medical procedures that can be used to help people in dire situations. Many appreciated my efforts and I was given a decent salary for the extra help. During the civil war of 2009, I was deployed to the Northern areas of the country which were home to many of the CHDKZ camps, in order to provide medical assistance to soldiers and civilians.

Once the conflict ended, I returned home to find that my dog, Panzer, had died and had been buried by my good friend Alexander Bardov, who was a security officer at the airstrip, (talk about a rough job). This loss saddened me, but it brought me closer to my friend and his family who were greatly affected by the 2009 crisis. We had a lot in common (as my family had been killed). We hunted together and I even shot a man who was trying to break into his house, (the boys at the airstrip got a kick out of that).

Now we come to it. July 24th, 2012, the first few days of the infection, however, at the time most of us had no clue of what was going on as a result of government censure. But I was asked to go with an aid detachment protected by some light armor, (2 Brdms and a Bmp-2) to a northern province that was experiencing the worst of this presently mysterious virus. Sightings of people acting like rabid dogs and attacking humans were the most common of the reports. By about Day 5 the outbreak had become so out of control that we were ordered to pull back to Chernogorsk to help set up the aid station at the hospital, and the one across from the Balota airstrip. I worked with those who had been injured or biten. Needless to say, it was one of the most challenging tasks I ever was forced to complete, as many of our patients turned, and had to be put down. One of my nurses had been killed while trying to do mouth to mouth cpr on a patient. The man turned, and latched onto her face, not letting go until I pulled out my Makarov and shot the beast in the head. That incident has stayed with me and haunts me to this day.

Eventually, most of the hospital rooms became unusable as a result of so many surgeries and putting-downs. The CDF was slowly losing control over the country. I was relieved, and stationed at the army camp directly across from the Balota airstrip. Alexander brought me cake and pudding that his mother fixed, and in our spare time we returned to the hospital to clean those grisly rooms.

The infection got to the point of no return, and the undead hordes overran Chernogorsk. Me and my good friend were separated during the attack on Balota. I was forced to shed the white coat of the doctor, and don my uniform and helmet of the soldier, and now survivor.

I have searched endlessly for my friend, but to no avail. There is no possibility of me ever not wanting to help or comfort those in need. This is now a very dangerous world we live in, and I will have to adapt.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Paragraphs, please. Grammar seems sufficient, and the story is detailed.

If I was an admin, I would possibly accept you, but the lack of paragraphs makes this hard to read, really hard.

I wish you luck getting whitelisted, see you around!

Niclas    0

That was a surprisingly good backstory. Please continue your story. Want to know if you perhaps manage to find your friend again.

Slute    1

Nice backstory, very detailed and enjoyable to read. Like the others said, needs paragraphs instead of a couple big clumps of text.

Major    639

I thank all of you for the feedback.

All of this should be easier to read now. Merry Christmas, God bless!

Sign in to follow this