Server time: 2017-10-18, 22:19
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Roofcake

Very Nervous

Roofcake    8

So I submitted my first whitelist application on either Tuesday or Wednesday and I tried to put a lot of effort and detail into it. Only I didn't put enough detail in one of the most important things: THE FREAKIN KoS RULE.

So after submitting my application, waiting 24 hours, and getting rejected has made me kinda edgy. I've been waiting about three months for the whitelist to open to non-donors. I know I only have 2 chances left before I get blacklisted forever and that in itself scares the living shit outta me. I know I sound like a geek with no life but as soon as I heard about DayZ RP I've wanted to try it so badly. I have no idea if I'm overreacting.

Suggestions, comments, and concerns are welcome.

Pyrah    1

So you was rejected? Have you fixed up your explanation of the KOS rule and resubmitted?

I'm not sure what you are asking but if you want help you are in the right place!!

Roofcake    8

I have fixed my explanation but can't submit for another 23 hours. And I'm kinda asking if I'm overreacting and if other people have been in this situation.

Also, I get banned forever after 3 applications correct?

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

I have fixed my explanation but can't submit for another 23 hours. And I'm kinda asking if I'm overreacting and if other people have been in this situation.

Also, I get banned forever after 3 applications correct?

Correct, after 3 attempts your ISP will be blacklisted.

Pyrah    1

Ah ok, well I failed with my first application (keep that on the D low lol) and reapplied, I was gutted but it really did make me reread the rules in depth and explain to the max!!

Keep us updated and IF you have to resubmit again come back and ask for help before submitting.

Roofcake    8

Okay, now I'm really scared shittless. What if I screw up my other 2 times? :(

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Okay, now I'm really scared shittless. What if I screw up my other 2 times? :(

Well, then you're banned, nothing more to say. If you read the rules correctly, and understood them, you would be in on your first time, I was.

Literally take every aspect of KoS you see in the rule, and explain what it means, that's what i did, in sections.

To be honest mate, after playing DayZRP i cannot go back to normal DayZ. The experiences i've had are amazing.

All i can suggest, is make sure you spell check your application, write a shit load but use paragraphs and keep it easy to ready.

And explain the rules in a literal sense, as in how they would apply in game.

Best of luck

(100th Post yay)

Roofcake    8

Aye, thanks guys.

I guess I'm just worried that I'll never get to experience something like this if I don't write a good application. And even if I do get blacklisted, I want to be able to help out in the community (servers, forums, website, etc)

Valkerion    0

Well i failed my first attempt for not putting enough detail into the KOS rule.

Make sure you have examples of and or/Explanations for:

- Gaining KOS on players/groups

- How long it lasts for

- Ways you gain KOS on people and how they gain it on you

- Identifying Targets

- How demands work in regard to KOS

- things you can and cant do with the KOS rule

Etc

Just write as much as you can even if you feel your going on a bit keep writing as the admins here don't penalise you for ranting about the rules.

On a side note my KOS explanation by itself was about 800 words so you know what you got to work towards.

If you like you could PM me yours (once its updated) and I could give it a quick look over I guess (keep in mind i cant actually help you i can just give you pointers and suggestions you have to write it all yourself)

And yes DayZRP is absolutely Amazing as the guy said above i cant play normal DayZ anymore after playing here.

But its only as amazing as you and the people you run into make it.(which is like 95% of this community)

LumberJack    18

Adding on to what valkerion said. What I did was write in an MLA Jane-Shaffer method. I would take a quote from the rules, cite it, and comment on what it meant. The rule of keeping it simple does not apply here, put in as much detail as you can. Also if you would like me too, I could proof read any version you come up with in advance and give you feed back on it.

Slute    1

Read the rules in depth, but instead of just simply writing what you read, dig deeper. Think about common sense wise, the supplemental rules have to do with this.

You do this, and you are sure to get accepted! With a good background and willingness to RP of course.

Just remember when submitting that more is good. The more text in your app the faster it will checked. Even if it sounds like you're repeating yourself the goal is to convince the admins that you understand the rules. For KOS just state what it is, when it applies, and when it doesn't apply. For NLR, state what it means and when it applies.

For both of these be sure to give examples of each rule so they understand what you're saying. Also keep the form organized with plenty of paragraphs, don't mash it all into one paragraph. I know from experience with other communities that six paragraphs in one is annoying to read and can lead to you being denied because it takes longer to read than to read an organized white list. My app was accepted in about an hour because of this.

Also be sure to double check your GUID and PID, first time I applied I accidentally messed up both my GUID and my PID and had to wait a bit to get them fixed. PID is only necessary if you ever donate and want the bonuses or if a clan is recruiting but make sure it's right all the same.

Lastly, if you need some help send me a copy of the app and I can proof-read it.

Slute    1

Even if it sounds like you're repeating yourself the goal is to convince the admins that you understand the rules.

Dont do this. Repeating yourself to get a higher word count is a high no no. Admins hate this and will reject you right away.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Khardia just made a nice little guide for newcomers completing there whitelisting - Before you send it in maybe you should check out this.

Roman    0

I'm so glad I got accepted on my first go, but I'm getting nervous for the Standalone WL :/

Even if it sounds like you're repeating yourself the goal is to convince the admins that you understand the rules.

Dont do this. Repeating yourself to get a higher word count is a high no no. Admins hate this and will reject you right away.

Let me rephrase that then because I didn't intend to sound that way. When writing an app like this where you have to do a whole bunch of explaining of the rules. It can be easy to sound like you're repeating yourself when you're not, 90% of the time you won't and it's just your brain telling you that. That was the thought that went through my head and I got accepted within like an hour of the my first app.

So that's another thing. Don't just say the same thing over and over again but do exhaust every little avenue of explaining that rule until it definitely starts to repeat, then stop because you've exhausted all there is to say.