Server time: 2017-08-21, 16:05

Sign in to follow this  
Kravock

DayzRP Epoch Changes

Kravock    1

Hey guys,

So since we have Epoch while myself and the staff team try and fix the main mod I'm wondering what changes we should implement into Epoch if we continue with it, to give it the DayZRP feel it needs.

Some ideas I have:

- Modify vehicle and weapon spawns to balance them more.

-Remove traders as they don't promote Player Interaction (This would make currency pointless also, as this is the only place it is used. We could implement our own system by adding the currency to spawns and players can then trade with each other with the currency)

Let me know ideas for other changes.

Bryan    0

trade post for epoch.

Weapon attachments (if possible)

Uhm.. Yeah remove traders

Kravock    1

trade post for epoch.

Weapon attachments (if possible)

Uhm.. Yeah remove traders

Weapon attachments is something I'm hoping to work on for the main mod.

Tamaster92    14

I have a long list of things I'm looking into but major ones to do fast are;

Vehicle rebalance

Remove or change traders

Loot table rebalance

Adding custom buildings to mirror RP or similar

Adding RP elements to Epoch (skins, weapons etc)

Either edit or remove base building

Oh and depending what is kept and what isn't, a rule addition.

tnkydoe    14

I really do like the traders though as some items are near impossible to find. Also being able to have the keys to vehicles is a HUGE + which is something you can't do without the traders. Also what will happen to the stuff we already have?

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Wait, so...

People want Epoch to become normal? Epoch is based around traders, base-building and you want to remove it, basically destroys epoch, I don't see the point, I like it as it is, my RP interactions have been fun.

Tamaster92    14

Wait, so...

People want Epoch to become normal? Epoch is based around traders, base-building and you want to remove it, basically destroys epoch, I don't see the point, I like it as it is, my RP interactions have been fun.

If they are kept they will need a major overhaul - both prices, items, and humanity stuff.

Mellstrom    21

prices, humanity and some of the more overpowered weapons and vehicles needs an overhaul. Weapons like the KSSVK and the hmmvs with the ,50 cals and the ability to buy Blackhawks needs to go. The base building can stay as it is, limiting the amount of stuff to place is just going to limit the players imaginations.

Except you can't build without a plot pole which you can't get without trading, so basically removing traders removes base building as well, unless plot poles could be acquired otherwise but I don't see how making them spawn would make sense. I spent 6 hours yesterday selling enough gear to buy a plot pole to make a simple base. I think we can agree that's a whole lot of grinding already. I think what is sold by weapons dealers and weapons spawns mostly need to be adjusted, what is available now is overpowered. Removing base building would essentially make epoch pointless because it's its main feature.

Tamaster92    14

Except you can't build without a plot pole which you can't get without trading, so basically removing traders removes base building as well, unless plot poles could be acquired otherwise but I don't see how making them spawn would make sense. I spent 6 hours yesterday selling enough gear to buy a plot pole to make a simple base. I think we can agree that's a whole lot of grinding already. I think what is sold by weapons dealers and weapons spawns mostly need to be adjusted, what is available now is overpowered. Removing base building would essentially make epoch pointless because it's its main feature.

We could make plot poles spawn as loot, plus studying documents can also give you one.

Personally I wouldn't get rid of base building, it just needs lots of adjustments to not break RP and be really silly

Sir Doctor    3

*watches thread from a distance with interest*

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

tumblr_m3u6idmKwv1qle988.gif

Cool man.

Toorrik    4

He wanted suggestions, not for you just to post your "+1 gifs"

Seriously lower the amount of vehicles... by like 95%, That is my only real issue with epoch currently.

Besphynx    0

Do not fully remove the traders, they are a major part of the mod but you can change them in some aspects. Also you need to fix the humanity system, it is a bit weird that a bandit cannot go to a bandit trader because his humanity is too high yet he just robbed like 10+ people but they all complied, does not make much sense at all.

Stagsview    589

remove all traders, degrade all weapons that are possible to the standard we had on DayzRP server and lower the count of cars and flying machines with that done, It will improve a lot of things. I know you are on the way onto getting a test server up. But I believe once that server is up and working everyone will move back there. For the moment the suggestions you put across I agree with fully.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

A lot of things you can only get from traders, unless you added them into loot spawns, like safes for example

Also custom building materials/ weapon cache missions would be nice

Bush    10

I say remove the Bandit/Hero trader if we want to keep the traders around, I really don't like the whole Black and White Morals.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Get rid of military grade vehicles with mounted weapons and reduce weapon spawns of westerns!

Slute    1

Remove the traders, input a trade post. This happens I will be very happy.

I hate epoch for rp, if you going to change Epoch and take out the trades and change all the vehical spawns and spawn rates all it wil be is dayzrp with building and no body will build beacuse why would they when they could team up and get a settalment and get CR rights, after the newest update to dayzrp ive got no lagg and theres only a few bugs which could be fixed with a hotfix after xmas.

I dont see the point of doing all the work when we have a system that works 99% of the time.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

I hate epoch for rp, if you going to change Epoch and take out the trades and change all the vehical spawns and spawn rates all it wil be is dayzrp with building and no body will build beacuse why would they when they could team up and get a settalment and get CR rights, after the newest update to dayzrp ive got no lagg and theres only a few bugs which could be fixed with a hotfix after xmas.

I dont see the point of doing all the work when we have a system that works 99% of the time.

I agree with this, I suggest it should change from Epoch to standard DayZ mod. Therefore you could just edit a few things and it would be practically the same as the DayZRP Mod. Although the DayZRP mod could be fixed very easily if you went to the vanilla DayZRP mod and build it up from where you started. Miss the good old DayZRP mod.

I can't think of any good suggestions unfortunately. :/

Weapon cache missions would be great and I could imagine some great RP situations with them :)

A lot of things you can only get from traders, unless you added them into loot spawns, like safes for example

Also custom building materials/ weapon cache missions would be nice

The Weapon Cache missions would be nice if we had decent AI to guard them.

Sign in to follow this