[POLL] Normal or Epoch DayZRP?

Normal or Epoch?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Normal or Epoch?

• Normal [DayZRP]
    • Epoch [DayZRP]
    • Both

GingerHippo    4

So, there's split thoughts on whether Epoch was a good idea for DayZRP. I know that they are trying to find a fix for the normal DayZRP servers but do you guys like or want Epoch for the near future or not because it's not going to work for many reasons explained by players through the thread [HERE]

Vote above

#Cut4NormalRP

Rolle    2968

stash-1-227550bd08abe666e.png

Why not both?

GingerHippo    4

Why not both?

Because if Epoch is out then people won't play normal servers and then people will start to complain about the lack of people on the normal mod. If you have one mod to focus on then it will prevent more issues occurring and causing you and staff members to spend more time monitoring both of the mods that are active.

People will focus on bases and gear meaning that no interactions will be made as often as on the normal RP.

Overall, it will most likely die out the main mod itself as people will just be wanting to base-build and get OP vehicles ect..

Why not both?

Because if Epoch is out then people won't play normal servers and then people will start to complain about the lack of people on the normal mod. If you have one mod to focus on then it will prevent more issues occurring and causing you and staff members to spend more time monitoring both of the mods that are active.

People will focus on bases and gear meaning that no interactions will be made as often as on the normal RP.

Overall, it will most likely die out the main mod itself as people will just be wanting to base-build and get OP vehicles ect..

I added a "both" option because it's something that should be considered.

If we support both and people choose Epoch, then apparently Epoch is more liked. :)

FireMatt    1

Why not both?

Overall, it will most likely die out the main mod itself as people will just be wanting to base-build and get OP vehicles etc..

If they want to do that, let them. It's all personal preference really.

Nobody can be forced to play a certain mod constantly and after a long time of people wishing for Epoch RP servers, what can you expect when they are finally put in?

Besides, Epoch is a nice little distraction while the staff team fix the RP mod. I'm sure once the RP Epoch hype has died down and the RP mod is fixed we will see the servers filling back up.

I voted both. I see Epoch as Altis RP, another thing for the community to play on but not the central pillar. I won't play on it personally, too similar to vanilla DayZ, but that doesn't stop others playing on it. They'll come back, we always do.

Bush    22

I have actually found it impossible to RP at Epoch, people just straight out ignore you. I pretty much gotta force fresh spawns into my car to get any kind of RP, but if it's want the community wants, then so be it.

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Epoch at the moment, loving the smoothness, the higher frames, the RP and the gear!

Please don't change loot tables on Panthera Rolle :C

Rolle    2968

Why not both?

That's very good, but I don't want to force people to play DayZRP mod because some people do not like Epoch features. Epoch can be easily modified and in the end may be better, faster and offer more features. If people want to RP on Epoch, they can do that. If they prefer the more vanilla DayZ feeling of DayZRP - they can do that too.

What you're saying can be compared to a scenario like "I like S1 better and my favorite settlement is there, but everyone is playing on S2 so I suggest shutting down S2 and force everyone to move to S1 because that will make RP better. If not, DayZRP is dying."

Rolle    2968

DEATH TO EPOCH!

Yes, your arguments are devastating, I'll shut them down now.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

DEATH TO EPOCH!

Hahaha, seriously guys, the #NoEpoch, #FuckEpoch and general anti-epoch stuff needs to stop, it is not productive. Saying this shows absolutely no argument to support your views. It makes no message towards the admins other than "No epoch", posts like these without constructive criticism or actual reasoning behind your posts.

I believe posts and signatures saying things like this just clogs the forums with things no one even wants to read or be involved in. Sure you are spreading your message, just not in the right way.

LumberJack    18

DEATH TO EPOCH!

Hahaha, seriously guys, the #NoEpoch, #FuckEpoch and general anti-epoch stuff needs to stop, it is not productive. Saying this shows absolutely no argument to support your views. It makes no message towards the admins other than "No epoch", posts like these without constructive criticism or actual reasoning behind your posts.

I believe posts and signatures saying things like this just clogs the forums with things no one even wants to read or be involved in. Sure you are spreading your message, just not in the right way.

#FUCKOPINIONS, no in all seriousness i found it funny yesterday, but now that people are still doing it after the pandi thread, its starting to get a bit annoying.

Symmetrical    1

DEATH TO EPOCH!

I already said my opinion in another thread, I really think this is a mistake all this Epoch thing, Well you're the admin...

Im just saying, Add settlements and bring S2 alive, Get rid of the Epoch and you'll see everything will be better.

You know better then I do though, Best of luck...

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

#FUCKOPINIONS, no in all seriousness i found it funny yesterday, but now that people are still doing it after the pandi thread, its starting to get a bit annoying.

I agree with showing opinions, i just believe they are not putting it across in a better way, e.g a thread showing their opinions.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Hmmm what to play? DayZRP? DayZRP Epoch? DayZRP Epoch Panthera? AltisRP?

Nope. Im going on DayZ Standalone.

At the moment everything seems to familiar and boring, I need a change so DayZRP as a whole just seems lacking.

#CutForStandaloneRP

The Traveler    137

I voted both but, a question for Rolle.... Can you support 3 servers ? (S1 S2 and, for the purposes of simplicty let us call it E1) Or would one or more have to be removed to support epoch?

AND , more importantly, will we be having the money system if we use epoch? Cause I for one never liked it's system as I think it does not work too well as it causes weapons just to poof out of thin air at the shops xD

Mikachu    26

I think the thing people need to realise is that the epoch server currently live is NOTHING like how it will be once modded for RP.

Imagine the difference between vanilla dayz and DayZRP. It's very similar. The thing epoch brings to the table is a stable code base, some needed features (salvaging etc) and 2 added features which can be disabled at community request (building and traders).

People are taking their experience on PVP focused epoch servers and applying it here when that simply isn't the case, you wouldn't say DayZRP mod sucks because of vanilla servers that spawn you with AS50s. People need to chill out, wait for a proper RP modified version of Epoch - then you can form opinions on wether you want it or not.

Trimbly    0

What Rolle says why not both let everyone choose which one they want to play on it opens up the community to a wider verity of people, and allows everyone to try out something new.

Pidde    0

As of right now I see alot more people on epoch and I'm inlove with it. I have also had numerous rp encounters on it, epoch is here to stay so let's make it good.

Yuval    2

Make S3 an Epoch panthera server, Problem solved

But without DayZRP rules :D

No with RP rules!