Server time (UTC): 2023-01-26 21:59

Standalone RP Server

mainmulch

I know you can't actually get your own server right now in the standalone, but I think we should get an unofficial server where the RP go on. We don't have to roleplay, but just a place to play with this community. I know there will be random people on the server as well, but I don't see anything bad that could come from an unofficial DayZRP standalone server.

Thoughts?

• Emerald

Yes it would be fun occasionally, but with randoms joining in and KOS'ing everybody, it would ruin the RP and the fun.

I would like to see occasional people I see in game, but it would be complicated to do. I say -1 and +1 because I want to see other members on a certain server, but randoms can join, RP and rules are gone.

• Emerald

I think Yekiza friends is making a server with password for dayzrp people only :D

wait, you get password servers?!

• Emerald

I think Yekiza friends is making a server with password for dayzrp people only :D

wait, you get password servers?!

Even with a server that has a password you run the risk of members from the community leaking that info to people who shouldn't have it. (e.g. permed players, non-whitlisted people)

Also, how would everyone be given the password? Surely just posting on the forum would result in anyone with a brain being able to find it.

If these concerns were addressed, I think it could work, but these factors in my opinion wouldn't make it a DayZRP official experience.

• Legend

Follow and relate questions in the thread quoted above.

Closing.