Server time: 2017-08-23, 17:38

Sign in to follow this  

Predictions for dayzrp

I am curious what direction you all think the servers are going to take. Maybe people will come back or maybe they will just wait until dayzrp comes to standalone. So I am curious, What do you think will happen to dayzrp in the next couple of weeks?

Slute    1

Well of course. Standalone is simply better then the mod, which makes people not want to play the actual mod. When people get bored or tired of getting KOS'ed and really start to have RP withdrawals, they will come back.

On terms of the server I think the direction it is going is good. Rolle and staff are constantly bringing in new ideas that keep the hype of the server up to par. It started with new maps, then settlements, events, and now we have Epoch. Rolle knows that not everyone enjoys these ideas, but he did say, with the addition of the Epoch server, he will keep S1 as DayZRP Vanilla Chernarus. This to me shows real enthusiasm towards the community, and I really am enjoying the changes.

I plan to stay for a much longer time. Hopefully Rocket will be more lenient towards server hosters, and we will get DayZRP Standalone!

Shanoby    36

Well, Im still hopeful that RP will get into Standalone... as of now, I just NEED to play standalone, so I hope RP follows me there :P will see.

pejay    1

It's only natural that RP dies down abit at the moment with Christmas time,standalone etc.

Well, Im still hopeful that RP will get into Standalone... as of now, I just NEED to play standalone, so I hope RP follows me there :P will see.

I am curious why do you need to play it? I ask because I just dont find it to be a very enjoyable experience

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

Standalone has been out for 2 days. How can you say the server is dying down? Sure, many players have got the Standalone, but they'll still play here. With the amount of bugs and glitches in DayZSA, its hard not too. Also, the DayZRP servers have experienced some problems, but Rolle and his team of raggem taggem misfits quickly ironed out those issues as well as the new Epoch test server. So I am just being patient. Rolle already said that these servers are gonna be here through the SA.

As a sidenote, The beta for the SA is expected to be released in a YEAR. So hopefully not too many members will flock to the SA.

Shanoby    36

I am curious why do you need to play it? I ask because I just dont find it to be a very enjoyable experience

Well, I just enjoy the experience as you say. I don't get how you cant enjoy it...like I understand it is in alpha and what not but allready picking stuff up, walking house to house to get food and customizing your character on the way is just ejoyable.

Standalone has been out for 2 days. How can you say the server is dying down? Sure, many players have got the Standalone, but they'll still play here. With the amount of bugs and glitches in DayZSA, its hard not too. Also, the DayZRP servers have experienced some problems, but Rolle and his team of raggem taggem misfits quickly ironed out those issues as well as the new Epoch test server. So I am just being patient. Rolle already said that these servers are gonna be here through the SA.

As a sidenote, The beta for the SA is expected to be released in a YEAR. So hopefully not too many members will flock to the SA.

I say dying down because of the lack of activity on the servers. I never said I do not understand why it is dying down.

Yeah, the server is dying down.

I'm sure it will just rise back up as soon as they get, if ever, DayZRP Standalone.

Well, I just enjoy the experience as you say. I don't get how you cant enjoy it...like I understand it is in alpha and what not but allready picking stuff up, walking house to house to get food and customizing your cahrecter on the way is just ejoyable.

I guess after playing normal dayz for so long that I have lost any kind of enjoyment from normal style dayz, I love dayzrp because of the rp and the player interaction. You do not really get that kind of experience in normal dayz, at least I do not.

Robbin    0

I feel like everyone is moving to Deadzone.

I don't really like it, but whatever they wanna do.

DeadZone 1 - 2/65

DayZRP 1 - 5/60

DayZRP Epoch Chernarus - 17/60

DayZRP Epoch Panthera - 2/60

Deadzone is doing no better. Far worse even.

It's standalone, it will blow over and/or SA will come to DayZRP. This is to be expected and I find it weird that people genuinely act surprised by this.

UnlockSoh    0

I feel like DayZRP Epoch will attach more people, and will have a better feel to DayZRP the only part I dont like so far about DayZRP Epoch is the being able to buy vehicles with mounted guns.

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

DayZRP Epoch was a bad idea. If you want me to expand I will...eventually.

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

I say dying down because of the lack of activity on the servers. I never said I do not understand why it is dying down.

Actually

feel like ever since standalone came out dayzrp has died out.

Actually

Actually that was me implying it is because of standalone but I can see how you got that idea, sorry for the confusion friend.

Please do expand on it! :D

Guest Vespah   
Guest Vespah

Actually

Actually that was me implying it is because of standalone but I can see how you got that idea, sorry for the confusion friend.

Its fine, its just when people say the server is dying, or going downhill it creates bad hysteria for the server and people jump on the hatethread band wagon thats all :L

Actually

Its fine, its just when people say the server is dying, or going downhill it creates bad hysteria for the server and people jump on the hatethread band wagon thats all :L

Ya I gotcha bro, was not trying to take the thread in that direction was just trying to get some others insight but I see how my comments could have made it seem that way.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Im still not so sure about RP on epoch. Its too unrealistic IMO that you can go to a certain city at any time and have people there loaded with a bunch of supplies.

Especially armed choppers and cars.

Even the idea that you can simply just buy food in ludicrous amounts seems abit far fetched.

HOWEVER it definitely will bring more people into the RP community, after all everyone loves Epoch.

A similar thing happened to the server when GTA V came out, but obviously not this bad. Like the GTA V phase, the people playing SA will come back. To say the server is dying is a bit over-dramatic to say the least.

Well of course. Standalone is simply better then the mod, which makes people not want to play the actual mod. When people get bored or tired of getting KOS'ed and really start to have RP withdrawals, they will come back.

On terms of the server I think the direction it is going is good. Rolle and staff are constantly bringing in new ideas that keep the hype of the server up to par. It started with new maps, then settlements, events, and now we have Epoch. Rolle knows that not everyone enjoys these ideas, but he did say, with the addition of the Epoch server, he will keep S1 as DayZRP Vanilla Chernarus. This to me shows real enthusiasm towards the community, and I really am enjoying the changes.

I plan to stay for a much longer time. Hopefully Rocket will be more lenient towards server hosters, and we will get DayZRP Standalone!

I've experienced a grand total of 0 KOSes on SA in the 8~ hours i've played. The playerbase is really quite tame and willing to team from my experience.

Slute    1

I've experienced a grand total of 0 KOSes on SA in the 8~ hours i've played. The playerbase is really quite tame and willing to team from my experience.

Well you are one of the lucky ones.

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

Right now... Servers are gradually fucked. DayZRP standalone is probably a good two years ahead of us. Currently the servers are heading in... still a not so good direction but at least theyre going somewhere. I dont think DayZRP epoch is a smart idea. I personally like vanilla DayZRP the most although epoch will add some interesting new ways to RP i dont think that its the best idea. To tell you the truth there are some cool ideas (ex. lets capture slaves and make them chop wood ;) ) but its still like i said going somewhere.

Onionjack    0

It's only natural that RP dies down abit at the moment with Christmas time,standalone etc.

This explains a bit what people are doing. I don't have the hype for SA too much though, I actually enjoy RP more.

I like Epoch RP, if it's possible to remove trading areas it could be good replacement for the DayZRP vanilla if there's no fix for it. All those possibilities Epoch gives like build own settlements and other features, would be nice addition for the RP.

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

This explains a bit what people are doing. I don't have the hype for SA too much though, I actually enjoy RP more.

I like Epoch RP, if it's possible to remove trading areas it could be good replacement for the DayZRP vanilla if there's no fix for it. All those possibilities Epoch gives like build own settlements and other features, would be nice addition for the RP.

I think this is a good way of putting it although the player created settlements with would and such would be really ugly unless there was a script that i dunno... Made them not ugly? It would just make the atmosphere less survivory.