Server time: 2017-08-16, 23:53

Sign in to follow this  
GingerHippo

Official DayZRP Epoch Discussion Thread

GingerHippo    4

Official DayZRP Epoch Thread

So, because DayZRP Epoch is now out and is basically taking over from the normal mod for the time being. How about we use this to show off our bases, gear and other things related to it all.

Helpful Links

Explanation of why DayZRP has moved to Epoch

DayZRP Epoch Panthera Guide

Poll for NormalRP or EpochRP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to post

Your base progression

Your Gear

Adventure Pictures

Ideas for updates

Stories about anything that has happened in-game

Anything else within reason

mc1UWtV.png

If any staff members want to remove this then go ahead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Troubleshooting

So, there are already many known bugs for the new DayZRP Epoch servers. Instead of having to read through all of the Troubleshooting threads that have been made, I'll update this part of the thread as often as possible to ensure that you can find all of the answers to your issues as quick as possible.

Question 1

I can't load DayZRP Epoch through the DayZRP launcher, what do I do?

Answer

Simply ensure that your Epoch is up to date on your DayZ Commander (click link to download it) and then go to Favourites where you then enter the IP of the Epoch server that you are wanting to join (IP's found on Homepage), after that Double-Click the server and hey presto, it will load up for you.

Question 2

I logged in after an hour and found that everything in my backpack had deleted itself, why?

Answer

If you have items stores in a backpack which is then in a tent or vehicle, after a restart or long-period of time the items within the backpack will disapear.

Bryan    0

#PantheraEpoch

Vlad Zlazakov in action ;)

kcoGUE5.jpg

Daps    0

can i just ask is it ok to initiate and then shoot and kill people in safe zones/trader zones?

KingAlmond    0

can i just ask is it ok to initiate and then shoot and kill people in safe zones/trader zones?

No, they are safe zones for a reason. It would be pretty dumb if it was allowed. Because all you would have to do is sit there and wait for people to arrive.

On most other servers, safe zones are declared safe by admins or they enable god mode in the area.

Guest wulfhorn   
Guest wulfhorn

cant get on the server through the dayzrp launcher

KingAlmond    0

cant get on the server through the dayzrp launcher

I think you have to launch from dayz commander or Arma II launcher. I use Arma II launcher.

Daps    0

No, they are safe zones for a reason. It would be pretty dumb if it was allowed. Because all you would have to do is sit there and wait for people to arrive.

On most other servers, safe zones are declared safe by admins or they enable god mode in the area.

this just happened to us though we thought you would be ok there as its a place to trade and feel safe otherwise those bandits who just killed us are just hanging around killing people. im so annoyed right now and want to make a report if it is breaking the rules

ActionMan    2

In regular DayZRP, you're allowed to initiate anywhere. There's no safe zones.

Unless new rules have been announced for Epoch, I would guess it's the same.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Base building <3 Cant wait to kidnap some lone innocent civilians and torture them at my base!... i mean invite them round for tea.. <3

this just happened to us though we thought you would be ok there as its a place to trade and feel safe otherwise those bandits who just killed us are just hanging around killing people. im so annoyed right now and want to make a report if it is breaking the rules

It was me and my friends who initiated. We did a good initiation and gave you plenty of time, we fired when you ran away. You were out the back sitting in/next to your vehicle, we were called by SVR to help them. I'm guessing you were the one who ran while your two friends were AFK, they then came back later and tried to drive off so we killed them.

Nowhere is "Safe" in an apocolypse and there is no current rules saying we shouldn't/cannot initiate on some people in/around trade zones.

Also, we intiated just after we arrived. We did not wait around just to rob people.

Daps    0

It was me and my friends who initiated. We did a good initiation and gave you plenty of time, we fired when you ran away. You were out the back sitting in/next to your vehicle, we were called by SVR to help them. I'm guessing you were the one who ran while your two friends were AFK, they then came back later and tried to drive off so we killed them.

Nowhere is "Safe" in an apocolypse and there is no current rules saying we shouldn't/cannot initiate on some people in/around trade zones.

Also, we intiated just after we arrived. We did not wait around just to rob people.

Oh right, getting you to attack us whilst we thought we were ok, seemed like a weak way to play and no, it was not a great initiaton or any RP so i feel very wronged and angry but i guess if it is the rules then fine.

Oh right, getting you to attack us whilst we thought we were ok, seemed like a weak way to play and no, it was not a great initiaton or any RP so i feel very wronged and angry but i guess if it is the rules then fine.

If you always think "You're okay" because you're playing DayZRP and there's no KOS. Think agian. There is bandits and we were playing as them, if you had complied we would of have roleplayed and we were with SVR who use Directive 4.7 so we would of taken you somewhere but no you decided to fight 6 guys Vs 1 as your buddies were AFK.

Kanen    108

Daps instead of flooding this thread come talk to me in room 19 on the teamspeak.

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

On me way for the turbo dunking KSVK.

I do enjoy cruising around with my chopper:)

It's pretty useful you scouting for us when we're on the ground :D

I do not enjoy not even being able to get on the server because It sets me back to the main menu every time I get in the lobby... :(

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

I do not enjoy not even being able to get on the server because It sets me back to the main menu every time I get in the lobby... :(

Do you have anything in your launch parameters?

LumberJack    18

As WalterH very delicately and very intelligently stated in another thread:

#FUCKEPOCH

I just want my old Chernarus back.

Guest The Nightmare   
Guest The Nightmare

As he said no where is safe in an apocalypse we all get it that your mad that you died but really if you want to fight this out and rant dont do it on this thread. Go fight it out in the report that you made right here thank you. Please dont ruin threads like this.

#FUCKEPOCH

Please, I completely agree let us raise awareness to this with the #FUCKEPOCH signature.

Daps    0

-SNIP -

As he said no where is safe in an apocalypse we all get it that your mad that you died but really if you want to fight this out and rant dont do it on this thread. Go fight it out in the report that you made right here thank you. Please dont ruin threads like this.

#FUCKEPOCH

Please, I completely agree let us raise awareness to this with the #FUCKEPOCH signature.

Yeah sorry dude I was tired and bitchy lol I didn't mean to wreck the thread. but anyways im with you, bring back RP Chernarus, the side chat in game now is quite annoying when not used for radio transmissions.

GingerHippo    4

UPDATE

I am now going to be adding Answers to Troubleshoots into this thread to save people time. If you have any answers for known bugs or questions within DayZRP Epoch then be sure to PM me.

Can't stand it. Death to Epoch. I would be playing normal DayzRP, but no one is on it.

Can't even stand the mod normally, but with RP, it just doesn't seem right.

Symmetrical    1

I just think this is really bad idea on Rolle's side.

Rp was good as it is and there's no need for Epoch.

I also have a feeling that RP is dying :(