Server time: 2017-10-19, 16:27
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

DayZRP Epoch

Rolle    2944

Hello!

As our DayZRP mod is broken beyond repair (blame Kravok :D) I have set up an Epoch RP server to test the server performance using a stable mod and add some variation to the gameplay on DayZRP.

For now it is vanilla Epoch on Chernarus, but if there's people playing we will add more custom features and possibly change to or add additional server with Taviana, Panthera or Namalsk. If it becomes a success we -may- abandon the DayZRP mod in favor of Epoch base and add all skins and vehicles from DayZRP as a side loaded addon, so you can use them in game. We will be testing this shortly.

All DayZRP rules apply on the server. Side channel is enabled, but should be used ONLY for in-character radio transmissions. Abuse of the side channel will result in bans.

Have fun!

Epoch Chernarus

b_560_95_1.png

Installation:

- Download latest DayZ Epoch from DayZ Commander

- Join

EDIT 2014-01-29

New Epoch server - Epoch Napf!

banner_560x95.png

Uses one of the new maps added to Epoch patch 1.0.4! For now it has vanilla traders and loot tables, those may be edited in time like on the Chernarus server.

Your characters transfer between the servers, your position however will be reset and you will spawn at the coast if you change from one server to another.

How to join:

Just like the Chernarus server, you already have everything you need in the latest Epoch patch!

Screenshots:

6Bzgz

6Bzj0

6BCzn

6BCUZ

Valkerion    0

Is it possible we can have an epoch server with the shops and currency removed?

(as these are 2 things i hate about epoch)

So you can still build but you have to gather all the wood and metal yourself or as a clan/group

And you can still find cars but you have to fix them up like you normally would instead of just buying them?

Is this already a thing somewhere?

*Also how has he broke it? what did he do? what has he done to it?

Cyber    6

I like the idea of having an epoch server, but if it had to be one or the other I would pick the RP mod, I just think it wouldn't be very practical having a bunch of small wooden shacks everywhere.

Bush    22

Is it any specific Epoch rules we should think about, or is it still only normal DayzRP rules+ No abusing Sidechat?

Herr    0

Is it any specific Epoch rules we should think about, or is it still only normal DayzRP rules+ No abusing Sidechat?

Read the post maybe?

Alan Woods    3

I like having Epoch,but I suggest a new map(Panthera or Taviana) since these are bigger and would not present lag,unlike Chernarus.

I like the idea of having an epoch server, but if it had to be one or the other I would pick the RP mod, I just think it wouldn't be very practical having a bunch of small wooden shacks everywhere.

This. Not to mention when some of the bases get absolutely absurd. My group had a massive fortress of cinderblock is less than a week and it was completely indestructible even from mass explosives, and epoch is basically only griefing. The big groups just drive around in their heavily armored and armed vehicles and just destroy every structure in sight. In my opinion Epoch would take away quite a bit from the RP. An epoch server would be fun to have for the community, but I don't think it should replace the mod.

Snow    1

Many of the features that epoch adds would have to have rules of their own before a proper server could be made.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Damn boy, it's actually happening. Very thrilled.

Stagsview    625

Okies is there going to be controls on how many helis can be bought and stuff? Because it will be overpowering sooner or later. I am not trying to be rude or anything and I thank the admins in trying to give us something due to the Buggyness of the server. But it will not take long until everyone is flying around with choopers having cars and making it feel like well..not realistic. But thats my opinion and i will try it out to see the outcome :D

Alan Woods    3

Okies is there going to be controls on how many helis can be bought and stuff? Because it will be overpowering sooner or later. I am not trying to be rude or anything and I thank the admins in trying to give us something due to the Buggyness of the server. But it will not take long until everyone is flying around with choopers having cars and making it feel like well..not realistic. But thats my opinion and i will try it out to see the outcome :D

Well, shops have limits on what can be bought (e.g. :You can only buy 2/3 Blackhawks that can be locked ).

Stagsview    625

I think Shops should be Shut down then. Make it feel more realistic for a time when society died out and not being able to buy 3 Blackhawks.. O.o. Just 1 is enough.

Mykoli    1

This. Not to mention when some of the bases get absolutely absurd. My group had a massive fortress of cinderblock is less than a week and it was completely indestructible even from mass explosives, and epoch is basically only griefing. The big groups just drive around in their heavily armored and armed vehicles and just destroy every structure in sight. In my opinion Epoch would take away quite a bit from the RP. An epoch server would be fun to have for the community, but I don't think it should replace the mod.

This ^ plus you get the people who then dupe to get all the Overpowered vehicles and base parts and then it becomes a clusterF of who has the best gear wins, not really something for RP, employing the base building side into RP would be pretty cool if people where limited to how much they could build etc

Valkerion    0

I think Shops should be Shut down then. Make it feel more realistic for a time when society died out and not being able to buy 3 Blackhawks.. O.o. Just 1 is enough.

Sounds like you want what i posted on the first page

Bush    22

Read the post maybe?

I did read the post, the only reason I asked is because I would prefer to actually know the rules properly, instead of being banned for a misunderstanding. You should be able to clearly see that by the fact that I mentioned the rules written inside the orginal post.

Stagsview    625

Sounds like you want what i posted on the first page

Opps Sorry m8! Did not see that one! But I agree with you. Cars, Helis, Bikes or any type of transport should not be aloud to be bought. Keys for cars yes, I agree with that. Shops should not be aloud in any way and maybe we could "Build" or have implemented Settlements in the future like good old Dayzrp for people that do not want to build basses. Another problem I see is are Safes and storing. Sure they are good and all but imagen if someone would attack a camp. Take people hostage and for the code for the weapons stash they ask for the numbers..And the hostages will not tell them.."No value for life"?. I do not know..I will try it out and see how it goes.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Guys, I don't think we have to worry about such things - they obviously know what would happen if they didn't shut down such specific things. Rules will comes.

Alan Woods    3

I think Rolle said shops will be taken out...but still these can always be edited easy so we won't see APCs around or whatever jets...

But,to help at maximizing FPS,Taviana and Panthera are much better maps for DayZ Epoch,just because these are very big and not everything is cluttered...

Playing DayZ Epoch Taviana with CLF was amazing,and never had any FPS drops :D

Guest neom   
Guest neom

for some reason everytime i try and join i get kicked?

I can not wait to come back home today. :)

KingAlmond    0

Panthera is the best epoch map imo, and stores is the whole point of epoch. Just edit the merchants and remove the OP items.

In regards to building you can lower the build limit on epoch, also it is very time consuming, annoying and just plain hard to build.

You can also blow up safes with satchels. If you remove stores and cars, there is no point in having epoch. Epoch is dayz wasteland.

There is no such thing as gear loot goblins, since you can sell anything you find anyone has an equal chance of buying gear. In DayZRP its whoever finds a heli crash.

Also workable cars are key to the mod. Since everything accounts to your weight, trying to build a base(ex: taking 2 cinder blocks with you, walking 2 km or so is simply not going to be fun at all. You will faint and faint and faint.)

I suggest editing the merchants to remove OP items, increase the price of some, lower build limit, store limit and car spawns. Remove all military vehicles that spawn. Also note on epoch you don't find much loot at barracks etc. Most you will find is like a USP.

What I see here is, us trying to make epoch in to EpochRP by just keeping the base building. Problem is, then 1) its not epoch. 2) how is one suppose to get the gear to take down a base? 3) epoch has barley any natural loot. To make epoch less OP while keeping it epoch requires to do: remove all OP items, set limits to everything, inflate the currency and limit car spawns-all can be done via files. (Adding AI bandits can limit the fear of loot 'whores'.)