Server time: 2017-08-18, 09:05

Sign in to follow this  
The Traveler

Looks like the PCS's are gonna die out...

The Traveler    118

Between the fact that half the writing team had to cancel on me, and the fact there is now no hub to launch these scenarios from without making them official events (which would defeat the object of them being casually organized IG instigated events, and hence giving more imersive things to do IG)... it means that I will no longer be doing the Player Controlled scenarios which, to be honest, is quite a big shame... I never saw the settlements as being the problem... just the way they were being used...

I mean Rolle himself said that the main purpose of the settlements were to "promote roleplaying events on the server, friendly player interaction and create goals on objectives for everyone involved in the project" which, through events such as the PCS's ... was a realistic (and not to mention effective) option for people... and only proves that the camps have the potential to add a lot to the server as far as roleplay is concerned... it is just that, whilst the feature was implemented... the motivation to use them wasn't focused on...

It was, in my eyes, like buying a state of the art kitchen, not cooking anything in it due lazyness... and then getting rid of it due to the fact you had to dust it every few days, even though you weren't't using it :/

So yes...

Whilst I am upset that the settlements are going... I do hope that it motivates everyone or, at the very least, opens their eyes to the fact that it was never the settlement's fault... but the people who just take the server for granted... not adding the ammount of roleplay expected from a community like this (not accusing all, just some that I will not mention by name for we would A:be here all day and B: this would just become a flame thread :P ) and, in turn... motivating them to get off their asses and start pulling their loads as, if they did... I honestly believe we would have an RP server that would outshine the entirety of everyone elses and hell... who knows... maybe we might find ourselves actually enjoying ourselves :D

spartan119    1

Yay!

Let's not add any new settlements for a while, let them RIP in pieces. Less drama that way and more player movement on the map instead of everyone going to one spot.

The Traveler    118

Removed them to try find the desync and lag issues if I remember correctly.

They were added again quite recently... and apparently now both are disbanding from what I have heard

Removed them to try find the desync and lag issues if I remember correctly.

They were added again quite recently... and apparently now both are disbanding from what I have heard

Aha, to be fair Rolle's points do stand.

Camps were not designed to contain all of the role play that happens. Just to encourage it further.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Use locations like prud lake and the outpost !

Bush    10

What about Pobeda Dam or whatever it's called, I have heard so much about it, but when I got there it's always empty.

Onionjack    0

There are still player camps left, like the ones that were mentioned above. Time will show how things go, personally I'm pleased that they are gone now. People will actually roam the map more I hope

Traveller    0

Most of the player camps are spread out enough to keep people on the move.

Or they'll plant their feet at specific ones.

Me? I'm gonna put on a police skin and spend the rest of my days in cherno, playing the cop who still covers his old beat.

Alan Woods    3

There are still player camps left, like the ones that were mentioned above. Time will show how things go, personally I'm pleased that they are gone now. People will actually roam the map more I hope

To The Outpost!