Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 11:39

Resigning from staff - Part 2

• MVP

(Read part 1 here)

After the critical acclaim of the first part, I've decided to finally release the second part of "Resigning from staff". Prepare for a sequel full of disappointments!

I never really intended (or expected) to join staff (staff? That seemed like something from another dimension). I never really intended to do anything, get anything changed. It just kinda happened. I went with it, and I enjoyed it.

But now it feels like there's nothing left for me to do. It feels like I've hit a glass ceiling. I'm not discontent with anything or anyone. It's just... I've done some stuff. Now I'm going to do some other stuff. Circle of life.

I notified the other admins of my coming departure two weeks ago. I wasn't in any rush to leave so I figured I'd "finish the month" and most importantly, get Hofer promoted.

I'll stay around though. I like this community. You can count on me to be around for the change to standalone, whenever that is. Just not as a staff member.

I know I'll miss being in staff, and I know I'll regret this at least somewhat. I like to know and understand everything. I can't if I'm not in staff. I don't get to make decisions anymore. And I'll miss messing around on Skype. I'll be sure to stay in contact with all of you though. <3

Of all the people I've met the past year, there are three I remember the most. SumoS, Sin and Sky, I used to look up to you all. Now, it feels like we're looking at the same level. I'm proud that I got to know you and talk to you.

SumoS, I'm really glad we started talking at some point. The more I talk to you, the more I realize how much alike we are. I remember when I was a moderator, you started to include me in reports, discussions. You asked me for my opinion. You listened, and you still do. If I want an opinion on anything, discuss something, I know where I'll go. Thanks for everything. <3

Sin, I remember back in the day I was in SRF, I was talking to you in the old shoutbox and all of a sudden you exclaimed something along the lines of "god, why are all SRF members so awesome". Not sure if you were referring to me, but I like to think so. And there's a reason I remember it after all these months. What more could I hope for than to be appreciated by you? Thanks a lot for all of your help. <3

Sky, of all the people I've met, you're the only one I've never been able to catch on doing anything wrong, anything negative. It's a shame you left DayZRP entirely (will you even read this? :P), but I'm glad I still get to talk to you on Skype. Thanks a lot for all of your advice. And for my first and only warning points. <3

Lastly I want to wish Hofer good luck. A positive side-effect of my departure is that he was able to become an admin. He has much more ambition than me and will do a better job. He cleared as much whitelist applications the day he joined as I had done until then. I'm happy I still got to work with him, even if it was only for a couple of days.

Before anyone asks; no, this time I'm not coming back. Last time I left, it was a preventive measure. I... wanted to want to quit staff. This time it's different. I doubt Rolle would let me back in twice anyway. :D

Happy new year!

• Legend

Noo!! :'( You know how much you hurt me with this!!

• Sapphire

Thankyou for all the help!

• Legend

Gijs, my Mentor in my early days as a GM... Sad to see you leave :(

I wish you all the best you can get out there <3

• Emerald

The best of luck in all future thing you go and do.

I enjoyed working with you and really respect you for your opinion and good way of presenting them either serious or not.

Keep doing that, don't ever stop it, in-game, out of game, or when you mess around it doesn't matter.

stay Gijs

• Emerald

It's a shame to see you leave staff, again. You were a really good member of staff which I think the entire community will miss.

No Gijs no! D: At least I got to feedback you before this happened. q.q

Still...Considering the amount of valuable contributions you've made to the server with your epicness, you ought to get a blue name or something. xD

I'm gonna miss ya man. I'm the only old SRF member in Staff now. D:

• MVP

Sad to read this Gijs, I hope you continue to play as well, will be easier to RP and such when not dealing with admin duties I'm sure.

o7

• Sapphire

Here comes the tears :( Gave me great advice to maybe possibly one day in another dimension become a CH <3 Going to miss looking at your beautiful red name... Also turned my opinion thread into 8 pages of "Ask an admin if they know you" and got me yelled at by khardia for messaging him... o7 <--totally not kissing up or anything :troll: <3

• MVP

One of my fav community members. We will miss you in staff, man!

*salute*

And I will do an IC response to that post, I promise!

• Legend

Omg! Please.

You are one of those people I will always like, espacially when we dont have the same opinion. I always wanted your opinion because you look into everything as a "big picture". I will miss that so much. I learned so much from you and not only as a Staff member.

You once told me that I´m hotheaded, which is true. You said it can be positive and negative. Everytime I´m angry now I remember that and try to re-think before I post/say something which is good for me ingame/Forum but also in Rl.

Thank you for everything.

You are a great and awesome Person and I´m proud that I was able to learn from you and to work with you in Staff.

I hope we stay in contact and I will miss you!

I wish you a happy new year and send you hugs and kisses!

Love <3

Terra

• Emerald

Bye bye gijs enjoy the rest from the hard work you have done :)

• Legend

Gijs,

When you rejoined staff I was already a GM, and I was intimidated by your presence. You turned my negative attitude towards you around and became one of my best friends on DayZRP and in the staff team.

I remember back in July when I joined I always PMed you and bothered you about different tasks and tried to do your job, I guess I annoyed you a bit :D

Now we're at the end of our journey as staff together, and I will miss you in staff. I am happy to say that I have worked with you, but I wish it would last longer. I remember someone called us the GM dream-team, and we were.

Good luck on whatever you're going to do Gijs, and we'll see one another on Skype :)

• MVP

Gijs,

When you rejoined staff I was already a GM, and I was intimidated by your presence.

I'll take that as a compliment. :P

I remember back in July when I joined I always PMed you and bothered you about different tasks and tried to do your job' date=' I guess I annoyed you a bit :D[/quote']

No, not at all! I honestly can't remember much. Not that you're forgettable. To the contrary. It's just that the blue-named Hofer I remember is so different from the Hofer I know now that my brain somehow just erased the earlier memories. Basically I can't remember not knowing you.

I'll miss working with you too! We'll keep talking, undoubtedly. :)