Server time: 2017-08-21, 10:08

Sign in to follow this  
Daryl Dixon

Handling hostages

Question

Daryl Dixon    0

Recently I have been handling quite a few hostages but I would like to know, if a hostage was talking and you said a phrase like "If you don't shut the fuck up I'll cut your tongue off" would this be allowed.

Also if a had a hunting knife and they carried on talking could I proceed with that threat.

For example *Cuts tongue off with his stainless steel blade*

10 answers to this question

Robbin    0

Well, if you have a reason to do so, then yes, you can RP torture with them.

I've seen people get their ears cut off and stuff like that, so...yeah...

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

But wouldn't it be powergaming? He isn't using an ingame mechanic to make someone not being able to talk anymore. Forcing roleplay to your liking?

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

//Moved to Questions.

Sly    1

Cutting someones tongue of would prevent them from speaking again and stopping them from participating in some RP situations. Torture is allowed if RPed out correctly.

Robbin    0

But wouldn't it be powergaming? He isn't using an ingame mechanic to make someone not being able to talk anymore. Forcing roleplay to your liking?

If he'd randomly do it, yes. If he warns the person beforehand, no.

If I have you as a hostage and I am telling you something, but you constantly keep talking back to me, having a big mouth and disobeying me while I have a weapon aimed at you, would that make sense? Would you weigh your life in the balance to have the upper hand in a conversation? I'd say cutting his tongue out (after thoroughly warning the person) is a possibility.

Daryl Dixon    0

If he'd randomly do it, yes. If he warns the person beforehand, no.

If I have you as a hostage and I am telling you something, but you constantly keep talking back to me, having a big mouth and disobeying me while I have a weapon aimed at you, would that make sense? Would you weigh your life in the balance to have the upper hand in a conversation? I'd say cutting his tongue out (after thoroughly warning the person) is a possibility.

I think you hit the nail on the head there its just that you always get them hostages that have a mouth and constantly talk over you with back chat and after thoroughly warning him/her cutting their tongue out would be a better alternative to shooting them.

Cutting someones tongue of would prevent them from speaking again and stopping them from participating in some RP situations. Torture is allowed if RPed out correctly.

I can see where your going there but I'm sure after the situation it would be fine for them to speak. Also I believe they could RP it out by putting some sort of voice on that differs from their original (its kind of hard describing what a voice sounds like with half a tongue but you get the picture)

It's not powerfaming if you RP your way to it.

2. Stay in character

"Kidnapping, torture, interrogation, execution, roadblocks, checkpoints, capturing or claiming an area for a clan and similar actions are allowed as long as they are lead in RP manner and do not conflict with other rules."

Terra    1372

I was once tortured by the SKA. They did cutt me and I now play Terra Munro has a scar in the neck.

I think it is ok to torture someone to get some inforamtions and things like that. You should always think about if it could be powergaming and decide which "torture-technique" you want to do.

Cutting arms, legs and stuff is fine in my opinion (like ears, a finger) A good Roleplayer will play it out and play like he is really in pain. Cutting out a tongue would stop him from talking, but I think it´s kinda powergaming. I would cutt something else, but this is just my opinion.

If you cutt someone and he is talking and talking over you while a gun is pointed at his head, I would call it Bad Rp. No one would do such things in Rl.

Greetings

Daryl Dixon    0

I was once tortured by the SKA. They did cutt me and I now play Terra Munro has a scar in the neck.

I think it is ok to torture someone to get some inforamtions and things like that. You should always think about if it could be powergaming and decide which "torture-technique" you want to do.

Cutting arms, legs and stuff is fine in my opinion (like ears, a finger) A good Roleplayer will play it out and play like he is really in pain. Cutting out a tongue would stop him from talking, but I think it´s kinda powergaming. I would cutt something else, but this is just my opinion.

If you cutt someone and he is talking and talking over you while a gun is pointed at his head, I would call it Bad Rp. No one would do such things in Rl.

Greetings

Hey and I see what you mean it sort of takes away their power of talking so that is a issue. I'll think I'll stay with fingers and ears for now.

Seems you got your answer. If you have any more questions feel free to private message a staff member.