Server time: 2017-08-20, 08:15

Sign in to follow this  
Burgz

All gone...

Burgz    6

Let's celebrate all settlements are gone! Yay! I loved Altar, but I have a feeling the game will be a lot more enjoyable now :D

I do realise it is still here atm, unless it has gone, but it will be gone soon anyway.

Celebrate/cry below.

:P

Mush    2

Shame really, no more centre for guaranteed RP.

Let's hope I still meet a ton of people! :D

Rolle    2450

Yay!

Let's not add any new settlements for a while, let them RIP in pieces. Less drama that way and more player movement on the map instead of everyone going to one spot.

Burgz    6

Yay!

Let's not add any new settlements for a while, let them RIP in pieces. Less drama that way and more player movement on the map instead of everyone going to one spot.

Amen.

I will miss not seeing as many people though. Oh well, Black Hat Highway is still there...

Less drama that way and more player movement on the map instead of everyone going to one spot.

True that.

"Hey guys what should we do?"

"Altar!"

"Desal!"

That was it usually.

Guest Alfie   
Guest Alfie

Yay!

Amen.

I will miss not seeing as many people though. Oh well, Black Hat Highway is still there...

We'll be waiting. ;)

r4RCiJW.jpg

RoCKiE    0

emoticon-2174-src-17b03b8d1ec9d88f-28x28.png

Never liked the idea of settlements and the rules for CR's

I would prefer player camps that are like capture points in battlefield or star wars battlefront or maybe like in stalker... yes stalker. You fight for your territory and then you defend it. Kinda like Black Hat Highway right now.

Less drama that way and more player movement on the map instead of everyone going to one spot.

True that.

"Altar!"

"Desal!"

That was it usually.

Made people lazy. Just go to a settlement and get a quick fix of RP. With a bit of luck, you'll meet an interesting hobo character that entertains the whole settlement. You can just sit back and listen.

Watching people roleplay does not equal roleplay.

I've always seen DayZ(RP) as a sandbox. You have a few tools to make stuff with. Shovels, buckets. Those represent what you can do in-game using the game mechanics. You have your imagination (pretend your sandcastle is being attacked by a dragon) which we also use in-game. You have certain rules, like not throwing sand into the eyes of your playmates. Or rape them.

Rules and tools should be limited though, or they get in the way of your imagination. Of course settlements allowed for creativity, but they limited it as well. Compare it to a bucket in the shape of a castle. Throw in sand, put it down, and voila: your castle is done. But where's the fun in that? Isn't it more fun to shape it yourself?

Like I said, it makes people lazy. They don't bother shaping their own experiences but instead just go to an "ongoing" experience. It had its advantages, and sure, there were people that took effort to roleplay. But that's expected when so many people go to one place.

True that.

"Altar!"

"Desal!"

That was it usually.

Made people lazy. Just go to a settlement and get a quick fix of RP. With a bit of luck, you'll meet an interesting hobo character that entertains the whole settlement. You can just sit back and listen.

Watching people roleplay does not equal roleplay.

I've always seen DayZ(RP) as a sandbox. You have a few tools to make stuff with. Shovels, buckets. Those represent what you can do in-game using the game mechanics. You have your imagination (pretend your sandcastle is being attacked by a dragon) which we also use in-game. You have certain rules, like not throwing sand into the eyes of your playmates. Or rape them.

Rules and tools should be limited though, or they get in the way of your imagination. Of course settlements allowed for creativity, but they limited it as well. Compare it to a bucket in the shape of a castle. Throw in sand, put it down, and voila: your castle is done. But where's the fun in that? Isn't it more fun to shape it yourself?

Like I said, it makes people lazy. They don't bother shaping their own experiences but instead just go to an "ongoing" experience. It had its advantages, and sure, there were people that took effort to roleplay. But that's expected when so many people go to one place.

Precisely!

tumblr_m5xw1dlIPI1qjemo2o1_250.gif

Now people have to figure out what they want to do to role play and maybe arrange things before hand or communicate to people. Or perhaps role play by meeting people in the strangest circumstances.

Alan Woods    3

I'm glad and not about the removal of the settlements,but all for the best. Gotta start moving around areas now...

Traveller    0

It's what I've been trying to say the whole time. RP comes from random encounters in the wilds of the map, not someone telling dick jokes around a protected campfire.

I believe this will help the DayZRP community. Give people a chance to see what it's like to have to find and make your own RP in the vast expanse of the world.

Also maybe we can get ourselves away from the East side of the map for once. The next settlement should be placed on the western edge. MIX IT UP PEOPLE!

Snow    1

As far as I can see, it either has to be no settlements so that the population is evenly spread, or quite a few settlements for each server, to stop any of them from becoming trolling havens like Desal did.

where is bhm highway anyways?

Ironicman    7

Yay!

Amen.

I will miss not seeing as many people though. Oh well, Black Hat Highway SGRU-turn is still there...

Fixed it for ya

Anyway i think Starysobor,prud lake Electro are going to be the hotspots now

Matt    21

Oh sweet jesus hope they don't find out about pobeda again

Owen    13

Been to there recently, no one was there.

i just knew it as s gru turn

Matt    21

Been to there recently, no one was there.

We have been their recently so we probably weren't on