Server time (UTC): 2023-02-09 09:02

The Fall and Rise of Desal

J.D.

• Emerald

Hi Everyone,

Now that SASR and Volki have left Desal I was thinking we could have a bit of fun with it.

( http://www.dayzrp.com/t-desal-plant )

The idea is that we create an event (With the help of the admins) where we orchestrate the fall of the Desal Plant.

This will include the settlement being overrun by zombies coming from Berizino. The remaining survivors in the camp will have to fight, and then retreat out the back of Desal into boats, Helicopters or running into the forest.

Once the event has happened an updated version of the settlement will be uploaded to the server showing the toll that constant attacks from Bandits and Zombies have had on it.

At this point the settlement will have no CRs. However clans that would like to take responsibility for the settlement can come forward, and post their RP reason for taking over the camp, They will require to fill in information like you would normaly post for creating a settlement, examples below.

BACK STORY: 
HOW TO ENTER: 
CAMP RULES: 
CAMP REPRESENTATIVES: 
BAN LIST: 

Once we have CRs back at the camp the rebuilding process will begin where the CRs will collect materials and supply's to rebuild the camp.

The clan can then let me know what parts of the camp they would like changed/updated (Providing they are reasonable demands and fit the RP).

If you like the idea let me know below, otherwise we can just #DeleteDesalBecauseWeHateIt!

J.D.

• Emerald

This is a really awesome idea. Hopefully some clan will have a great RP reason to capture it. The possibilities of it being used for good or evil are endless, and hopefully people take advantage of that.

Guest whitepointer

Sounds cool but I think Enclave have dibs already

Competition is always a wonderful thing.

Really like this idea, anything that helps keep Desal up and running is a good move in my eyes.

• Sapphire

Yes, it doesn't make sense for such a big building to just disappear without a trace. Makes sense that other groups would want to take it over.

+1 look forward to it. (Also going along with the story, the plant is already partially destroyed from the final attacks which causes SASR to finally abandon it)

• Sapphire

So Desal is now public domain?

• Emerald

Sounds cool but I think Enclave have dibs already

I have been approached by a few clans already. the only fair way would be to have them RP it out. :-)

@JimmyTwoShoes

Yes it is public at the moment due to the CRs abandoning it.

• Sapphire

So can we post our Back story for it now?

Yes, I suppose so.

Make sure it incorporates this event into it. Good luck with the running of the Plant.

Look forward to seeing which direction you take it.

• Sapphire

*Mushtaq reads the note with amusement "What is this 'Diesel' he speaks of in this note?" He chuckles to Illias*

//**desal! Seriously. I refuse to roleplay with someone who can't spell Desal correctly. >.< it's a nicely done note and I was fairly impressed until I read Diesel. Then I punched my screen.

• Sapphire

fixed

Thank you <3

• Emerald

*UPDATE*

Doing up the new version of Desal. Then we can work out the event time and date.

sqd_logo.png

Listen to this while reading for a more in-depth experience :D

[video=youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s20Oc_LWbI

BACK STORY:

The Enclaves task in Chernarus was thought to be simple at the time. Establish Installation 001, set up communications with the West, and exterminate the infection as well as infected personnel. But High command was given outdated information and sent to few of troops with not enough equipment. Granted the soldiers were specially trained, but they had never faced this enemy before. Upon landing and establishing their base they were overrun in a day. they fought as long as they could, but it was useless. They abandoned the base, and surprisingly many survived but the camp was uninhabitable now. The Colonel who survived began to establish camp sites wherever the men moved. It was a grueling life, even for a soldier. But the Colonel was adamant about rebuilding and restoring communications to the West so reinforcements could arrive.

-Months Pass-

Months pass by and nothing is found to replace the camp they had lost. But one day on a scavenging mission the men found a repairable UH-1H. The Colonel was ecstatic. The job to repair the helicopter was at the top of the Colonels objectives. He knew that if he fixed up the vehicle he could look for a base much faster and more efficiently.

-16 Days Later-

The helicopter was rebuilt and now the Colonel was on a hunt for the new Enclave Stronghold. He flew over the coast, knowing that a coastal camp would be perfect for reinforcements and for civilian trade. Flying over Berenzino, the Colonel notices a walled off camp, and from the looks of it, in the midst of being overrun. The Colonel muttered a few words.

"I'm not going to allow this to happen to them like it happened to us. Kill all infected, protect the fleeing civilians."

And so, the helicopter began to parachute troops while the gunners began obliterating the infected. After an hour of fighting from the air and ground, after the smoke rose and the bodies began to decay, the camp was theirs.

HOW TO ENTER: To enter the camp, one must hand in ID, confirm facial recognition by removing any masks, and do an infection screening to make sure no disease are brought into the camp. Once that is finished one may enter.

CAMP RULES: All camp representatives are to be listened to no matter what.

No theft or initiations within the camp.

No civilians in CR Areas (CR Areas will be explained later during the changes of desal camp.

CAMP REPRESENTATIVES:LIA and ENC

BAN LIST:N/A

• Emerald

Looks good mate.

Im going to give people until the end of this week to submit their back Back story/application for Desal.

Winner will be declared Friday.

• Sapphire

sqd_logo.png

BACK STORY:

The Enclaves task in Chernarus was thought to be simple at the time. Establish Installation 001, set up communications with the West, and exterminate the infection as well as infected personnel. But High command was given outdated information and sent to few of troops with not enough equipment. Granted the soldiers were specially trained, but they had never faced this enemy before. Upon landing and establishing their base they were overrun in a day. they fought as long as they could, but it was useless. They abandoned the base, and surprisingly many survived but the camp was uninhabitable now. The Colonel who survived began to establish camp sites wherever the men moved. It was a grueling life, even for a soldier. But the Colonel was adamant about rebuilding and restoring communications to the West so reinforcements could arrive.

-Months Pass-

Months pass by and nothing is found to replace the camp they had lost. But one day on a scavenging mission the men found a repairable UH-1H. The Colonel was ecstatic. The job to repair the helicopter was at the top of the Colonels objectives. He knew that if he fixed up the vehicle he could look for a base much faster and more efficiently.

-16 Days Later-

The helicopter was rebuilt and now the Colonel was on a hunt for the new Enclave Stronghold. He flew over the coast, knowing that a coastal camp would be perfect for reinforcements and for civilian trade. Flying over Berenzino, the Colonel notices a walled off camp, and from the looks of it, in the midst of being overrun. The Colonel muttered a few words.

"I'm not going to allow this to happen to them like it happened to us. Kill all infected, protect the fleeing civilians."

And so, the helicopter began to parachute troops while the gunners began obliterating the infected. After an hour of fighting from the air and ground, after the smoke rose and the bodies began to decay, the camp was theirs.

HOW TO ENTER: To enter the camp, one must hand in ID and do an infection screening to make sure no disease are brought into the camp. Once that is finished one may enter.

CAMP RULES: All camp representatives are to be listened to no matter what.

No theft or initiations within the camp.

No civilians in CR Areas (CR Areas will be explained later during the changes of desal camp.

CAMP REPRESENTATIVES:LIA and ENC

BAN LIST:N/A

Good job john! :D