Server time: 2017-10-22, 18:50
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Taylor

There isn't enough settlements

Laurence Taylor    3

DayZRP has become increasingly more boring due to the fact that each server only has one settlement now.

There is either no one in them, or the whole damn server at once and that makes the Rp experience poor and very heated.

Also it becomes very repetitive as there is only so much RP that you can do in a crowded area that is confined by walls and grumpy CRs.

I for one do not understand why settlements have to be owned by clans and why they are removed when a clan leaves.

Surely there should be some settlements that anyone can take over and some for clans ( possibly even one for every clan ). Because as of right now, the only wars are between camp CRS and non camp CRS so you're either in or out.

Any opinions are welcome, just try not to be mean to my amature outlook on everything.

-Noob out!

Guest Bourneco   
Guest Bourneco

I want MPF to take over the the Desal Plant, as ICly I have an agreement with ex-S.A.S.R Staff Sergeant Declan Fitzpatrick that, if I did get control of it from S.A.S.R after they left, I would allow his new group to be Camp Representatives (At least; if their civilians and merchants abide by our rules inside of such.)

Laurence Taylor    3

I want MPF to take over the the Desal Plant, as ICly I have an agreement with ex-S.A.S.R Staff Sergeant Declan Fitzpatrick that, if I did get control of it from S.A.S.R after they left, I would allow his new group to be Camp Representatives (At least; if their civilians and merchants abide by our rules inside of such.)

hmmm, okay, that's not quite the point i was going for. But that's interesting to know!

Who are the 'MPF'?

ActionMan    2

Surely there should be some settlements that anyone can take over and some for clans ( possibly even one for every clan ). Because as of right now, the only wars are between camp CRS and non camp CRS so you're either in or out.

There's a bunch of these around the map! They're generally known as PCBs - player controlled bases.

They're nice little groups of buildings like a settlement, but with no camp/CR rules. People can congregate there for RP if they like...

Personally, I've been hanging out at the one at Prud lake (north of Stary) and the cool compound west of Moglievka, hoping to run into other players.

The lawkeepers used to man the one between Lopatino and Skalka, but eventually abandoned it because it was too far away from everything else.

We just have to pick one, and start hanging out there and patrolling it ;)

The CR/camp rules were created because of this same problem -- too many people were congregating at the old lake Prud PCB, there was no way to deal with trolls and attacks on Prud were disorganized and led to many reports. The new camp/CR rules were meant to address these issues.

Before even that, there used to be the "trade post", which was a special camp where the admins acted as what we now call "CR"s, and there were special rules there to provide sanctuary and trade... but it had problems too, so camps were abandoned as an idea for a while after that.

tnkydoe    14

Lets hope al Madina is around the corner :D

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

You don't need settlements to Roleplay, try looting berezino, stary, novy,Cherno or elektro there is plenty of people in those areas.

Slute    1

I would like to see a non clan, but a certain amount of named people that own the settlement. Sorta like Woodbury!

Bill    0

As has been mentioned previously. Settlements are high maintenance, and most have fallen due to the CR's tire of being tied to that location. Not all, but most definitely have.

Just an idea here:

Find a PCB location on the map you like, claim it and call it your home.

Should trolls or undesirables and the like bother you in your hub.

Organize a militia to initiate on them and remove them properly. If you are in a clan its easy... Say your clan is out scavenging/looting and such. You return to the PCB to undesirables... RP it out and see what happens.

The difference is a settlement has CR's, a PCB or player camp does not.

Many opportunities for RP to re-take a PCB you have claimed, and a possible firefight.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I think perhaps survivors (either OOC pm or IC pm) each other and come up with a mutual agreement to call a certain outpost home. No official name just random people who when are online will hang around a particular area to guard their camp and the area they want to live in as most people would in a apocalypse instead of going into the big bad world running through towns and such.

As has been mentioned previously. Settlements are high maintenance, and most have fallen due to the CR's tire of being tied to that location. Not all, but most definitely have.

Just an idea here:

Organize a militia to initiate on them and remove them properly. If you are in a clan its easy... Say your clan is out scavenging/looting and such. You return to the PCB to undesirables... RP it out and see what happens.

Many opportunities for RP to re-take a PCB you have claimed, and a possible firefight.

An excellent idea but would KOS rights be given to the original occupiers of a outpost when someone enters/takes over the outpost in question? Say while the original group is out looting.

xDingy    0

just an idea but why not have alter castle/zub castle/devils all as massive PCB for people to take and claim as there own.?

Bill    0

Re: My above idea.

No KoS rights would be automatically given in any situations when dealing with PCB's.

To re-take your claimed PCB by force rather than RP/diplomacy, you would have to properly initiate. KoS rules apply.

Tomeran    3

Just an idea here:

The real reason we have CR rules is for CR's to be able to fight trolls without having to initiate on them. Why? Becuase initiating on people inside a settlement naturally makes a lot of people nervous, and chaos and collateral damage often follows. It is difficult to combat trolls in these circumstances unless the "militia" actually outnumbers the amount of "outsiders" in the camp, and in a time when sooo many people flock to settlements or camps for their fun, that is almost impossible to achieve unless your clan is massive. Haven strikes me as the single example of where that could've worked, but they had CR rights at their side as well. Without those rights, maybe even Haven would've been a mess. This makes PCBs as "hubs" very difficult to manage.

As for "capturing" PCBs, that's all well and good. But I've dealt with such things before and there is an ever-lasting problem: A lot of people dont bother to properly check if the camp is "occupied" or not. They can go there and if they see noone present, they'll go "yeah fuck it, noone's here atm. This place is ours!". I've seen this happen many times, where people have no respect whatsoever to whoever may be "planted" there just because they werent there at the precise moment they visited.

A lot of clans or small groups are simply too lazy to do it, even if the answer is staring them in the face.

Even if they know the camp is occupied, they can view its current abandonded state as an excuse for them to "take over" and then go "Well if they cared about the place they should've been there to defend it". Clearer case of obvious bullshit has rarely been seen of course, but it still happens.

Thumper    0

I think my best RP always happens outside of settlements. I rarely visit them, and if I do I always have backup with me.

Get out and explore more, there are people everywhere.

Stagsview    625

There are quiet a few settlements on the go The block, Al-Madina, District1025 and our University "Spoilers :P".

But On server 2 there is Povina Dam of the Free medics and The outpost down at Electro those are great places to go and always good RP.

Reason settlements go: The Settlement Attack rules from a month back still have not been implemented and People Attack with unreasonable yet no RP reason. We have NEVER Attacked a Camp and we have plenty of motives to. People to to see more RP reason and RP out the Attacks.

Alan Woods    4

Wait,what about the PCBs?

Those are nice places to hang around?

And Prud?

Hell,some settlements are nice to hang in(Altar mostly) but still,the other areas are also nice.

Also I think on S1,Chernarus blocks are edited(more defenses actually and a radio on the roof).

ZettaByte    0

Just as Alan above me said - there are tons of PCB's, Prud lake camp is awsome and hagning around just in Altar, Deasel and The Outpost is a bit stupid.

Yeah, we could use another big settlement, but you can't say there aren't enough.

Mr Bobby    0

I hope so too!

I wish that there were a few more Cr Settlements in game. I believe it was much better when there were 2 in each server

Sly    1

I sure hope so :)

The best RP always happens far from settlements for me at least, I only go there to trade.

Traveller    0

Guess what everybody? It's Story Time with Traveller!

Ok, so, I've seen multiple Settlments fall in the short time I've been on DayZRP. Ravens Nest was THE place to be for some time. Of all the times I'd been there, I can think of maybe 3 or 4 good RP instances.

I've had 2 at altar, and none at Desal.

There were two other settlments around when Ravens was still up, but the CR's had abandonned them pretty much entirely. Noobs went there to get robbed prety much, because they'd seen Psisyndicate go there in a video and the Bandits knew it.

The moment the CR's log off, the camps become a nightmare. Last night, Altar was a hub of people faffing about, shooting grenades at the firing range dummies and sitting in other peoples cars to piss off the owners.

This isn't RP, it's trolling.

For instance the other day at Desal, I showed up to find it empty. As I was about to leave, two cars pulled up. "Cool," I thought, "I can introduce my character to these gents and see if they need the food I've got in my bag."

They proceded to walk the line of, not quite initiating on me, but still demanding that I give them my back pack. I don't carry weapons, fly under a flag of peace, but because there was no CR's to keep them in check; they chose to antagonise me.

Granted they let me go, but they proceded to point out that my character doesn't look like a priest, that my god was dead, and that I was a fool.

There was no real reason for any of this. Despite all my attempts to RP, all they wanted was a fight and my stuff. None of these players sounded like they were RP'ing, they just sounded like a gang of teens picking on a nerd. If I meet them again, I'm reporting the lot of them.

This is why I think that player camps and settlements should be removed entirely though. My best rp has been running into random people in towns and open fields. Most of the time when I go to a camp or settlment, people are arguing or getting killed.

The lore may support the idea of groups trying to rebuild society, but most of the community does not carry through on that in game. It's all dancing about and fighting. Rinse and repeat

Okay, well, I feel better now. This was Story Time with Traveller.

/endrant

ChrisTronn    0

I agree with you. However we cant just have random structures appearing out of no were can we would kind of kill some immersion but otherwise I would like to see some more settlements

Kraith    0

Altar is the worst. It's failRP city. Nobody ever goes to the outpost. And desal has no CRs.

ZettaByte    0

Deasel and The Outpost is a bit stupid.

How are they stupid?

I meant all the 3 of them... They are getting attacked all the time. For PVP experience, but for RP its kinda sucks. Therefore I personally think that Prud and all the rest are a bit better.

But that's just my opinion.

Whitefur    4

Deasel and The Outpost is a bit stupid.

How are they stupid?

I meant all the 3 of them... They are getting attacked all the time. For PVP experience, but for RP its kinda sucks. Therefore I personally think that Prud and all the rest are a bit better.

But that's just my opinion.

At Prud, YOUR the one getting attacked all the time...

But really, my nickname "The ghost of Prud Lake" does not come from nowhere