Server time: 2017-10-24, 07:43
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Biiddy

THE OFFICIAL DayZ Standalone thread.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

So with the DayZ standalone been out and sooooo many standalone threads already i decided to make an official one, with agreements of staff.

Unfortunately as many of you know DayZRP wont be going to standalone for some time due to there being no private hives.

So people of the community, discuss, show off your gear, post bugs and just random DayZ standalone cr*p!

tumblr_mqxpuoeFrJ1rd90z0o10_1280.jpg

Mush    2

Left handed hatchet needs to be changed, inventory can be glitchy to work with. Still hyped.

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Watched sacriel playing it earlier and was some minor bugs, but for first release in Alpha it looked really good

Major Tom    91

So I made my first character. Spawned in Elektro. I searched the firestations and the market. Came out with a military jacket, tactical vest, kitchen knife, pistol and small backpack. I also found a baseball bat and bottle of water.

I went North, with the intention of going to NEAF. After a long walk, I found out that the map is a little different to what I'm used to so I got lost. Eventually found my way over to Novy but was so weak from walking I fell unconscious. Was knocked out for so long I just hit 'respawn' so I could play again. RIP first character.

Second character, spawned in Balota. Went on the the airfield and met two people. One had an M4A1 so I gave him a cool scope I found in a house next to my spawn. I had a chat with the two guys and exchanged stories and it was all great fun. Eventually they headed off and I continued along the airfield.

Met another two guys who had not yet seen a zombie, so I showed them one that was bugged and not moving. I walked up to the zombie to provoke it and it began to chase and attack us. None of us had a gun so we all got our fists out. All three of us were just beating this zombie to death and eventually it despawned or something.

Went to the barracks and found nothing at all except more new survivors. I had a chat with some of them and eventually challenged one to a fist fight.

This was the end result:

[video=youtube]

All in all, great fun! Love it so far! Plan to play TWD Season 2 tomorrow and then more DayZ :D

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

So I made my first character. Spawned in Elektro. I searched the firestations and the market. Came out with a military jacket, tactical vest, kitchen knife, pistol and small backpack. I also found a baseball bat and bottle of water.

I went North, with the intention of going to NEAF. After a long walk, I found out that the map is a little different to what I'm used to so I got lost. Eventually found my way over to Novy but was so weak from walking I fell unconscious. Was knocked out for so long I just hit 'respawn' so I could play again. RIP first character.

Second character, spawned in Balota. Went on the the airfield and met two people. One had an M4A1 so I gave him a cool scope I found in a house next to my spawn. I had a chat with the two guys and exchanged stories and it was all great fun. Eventually they headed off and I continued along the airfield.

Met another two guys who had not yet seen a zombie, so I showed them one that was bugged and not moving. I walked up to the zombie to provoke it and it began to chase and attack us. None of us had a gun so we all got our fists out. All three of us were just beating this zombie to death and eventually it despawned or something.

Went to the barracks and found nothing at all except more new survivors. I had a chat with some of them and eventually challenged one to a fist fight.

This was the end result:

[video=youtube]

All in all, great fun! Love it so far! Plan to play TWD Season 2 tomorrow and then more DayZ :D

Walks away laughing hahaha

FireMatt    1

Be VERY careful when climbing down ladders. I got thrown off the Balota ATC Tower and lost good gear :(

All in all still fun so far.

Major Tom    91

Be VERY careful when climbing down ladders. I got thrown off the Balota ATC Tower and lost good gear :(

All in all still fun so far.

I walked about 3 steps in to thin air past the Balota ATV ladder. Was just standing there a few metres away from the building floating in the air. I then climbed down very very confused.

MikeTheVike    0

So I bought it and logged on to the server, problem is I can't seem to interact with anything. Scroll wheel to something and click and nothing ever happens. It also seems like I'm the only one on the server with there being no main chat, not sure if that's a normal thing or not.

Also my character never loads in properly to the server, always defaults to the default girl character.

TomG    0

Anyone else log out with gear and log back in at the coast with nothing. Lost some good beans :(

ZeroXiz    0

Standalone was good for that one hour I got to play it. For this to be the alpha stage i'm really looking forward to the future. The optimization and everything felt way better than a alpha-stage. Still haven't explored most of the coast towns nor have I gone up-north. Made a few people, haven't been killed yet by another player. Some random guy attempted to, probably because I had a rifle so he thought it was either me or him. Started screaming friendly and he stopped, trusted me.

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Does anybody know the daytime servers at the moment?

Taurz    1

Anyone else log out with gear and log back in at the coast with nothing. Lost some good beans :(

Happend to me the first time i logged out :/ but it works for me now, after i restarted the game :D

ZeroXiz    0

Does anybody know the daytime servers at the moment?

I heard some of the LA servers are day-time, don't quote me on it though.

KingAlmond    0

The first few months are going to mainly bug fixes, and Rocket said there should be weakly updates. He also mentioned SA will be modifiable near spring, so my hopes are high.

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

When Dayz is done downloading i will become the hash slinging slasher, i will wear only a mask and wield a hatchet. Prepare your anus.

Dora    0

When Dayz is done downloading i will become the hash slinging slasher, i will wear only a mask and wield a hatchet. Prepare your anus.

KingAlmond    0

People are really fucked up. I was in a building, multistory one at night and someone pulled a Friday the 13th on me. Some girl stood in a doorway with the payday mask, a black hoodie and an axe...I shat myself.

Sir Doctor    3

So much fun if you got friends :D still on my first character since first starting, found myself a nice m4a1 and a sexy ACOG scope. But playing by yourself a little less so. Kept hearing car engine noises and getting my hopes up and then remembering no cars :c but still a heap of fun. So far the worst glitch I've experienced is not being able to take stuff out of my "hotbar" if anyone knows how to take stuff off your hot bar would be much appreciated <3

#writtenonaphone

EDIT: also the axe is retardedly hard to use and sometimes when you knock someone out try just start sliding and slide off into the ocean xD

ZettaByte    0

From tommorow it's gona be like this every evening: What the hell should I play, RP or SA?

Buying it later today, hyped as fuck right now.

Hofer    20

Sticky thread now. Will close and relay all others to this one.