Server time: 2017-08-20, 15:22

Sign in to follow this  
RedrickJim

The bandit mentality...

RedrickJim    0

To bandits avoiders like myself I ask: How do you know if you are about to be robbed, and how do you avoid it? I'm a social creature by nature, I like the social aspect of DayZRP and the idea of not having to worry about being shot immediately upon encountering someone, however I have had the following situation happen to me several times:

I'd be at a camp, bullshit with the locals. Good times all around. I'd then go out on a scavenging run, get supplies to bring back (because who doesn't like a littler charity run every now and again?) Then on my way there, or back I come across some dudes from the group. We'd get talking again, turns out they'd get the same idea. Both times I had happened to be about to die of thirst, they were nice enough to hook a brother up.

This is where it gets strange though: No sooner then after they give me a bottle to drink I am robbed of my things, and shot in the leg left in a field. There was no prior indication of this so they all had to be in on it through Teamspeak or something. I am just confused as to why you bandits do these types of things? Why not just wait for me to die, or rob me immediately, why go through the trouble of debating to kill me AFTER you show me hospitality?

Keep in mind this has happened to me several times, different people each time. I do not mean to come off hostile, I am really trying to figure out how I can avoid this in the future.

Thanks

EDIT: Wasn't sure what part of the forums this should go in, feel free to move it accordingly.

When I travel alone..I avoid people. I stay hidden..get to my destination, get what I need and GTFO. Social is great..in large numbers. But, outside in the wild..its about survival.

Maybe they are scouting the area before robbing you in case you have backup. They probably wait a little to see if you are going to do the first move by robbing them.

Well, the bandits prefer to rob lone survivors or very small group since they can't defend themself against all of them. You have to decide if you want to avoid everybody or you need to travel in a group, if you don't want to get robbed !

Owen    13

I always travel in a squad of about 4 so I dont run into to many Bandits

I always travel in a squad of about 4 so I dont run into to many Bandits

HashtagTM    0

I have found Sometimes when you are with someone that they always take there time with things and pretty much prepare to rob you also when people ask you to go someone that you wouldn't normally go for loot is a heads up on things.

At the moment my character is being a bit on a loaner only interacting When needing to.

Keep safe out there

Bush    10

Try befrending the big bandit clans, it have sort of worked out for me, and it feels like I am getting robbed a lot less then a lot of other people.

Some robbers tend to wait a while to see if you're alone or if it's actually worth the risk of shooting you. They probaly think that you might have a couple of friends in the treeline, or that the risk for someone to use the good Samatarian rule is to big.

Tldr: Robbery gotta know if you're actually worth robbing, before they rob you.

Sign in to follow this