Server time: 2017-08-20, 06:08

Sign in to follow this  
Nikolai9282

4 minutes that will Change your Life

Wow that was beautiful.... and that inception soundtrack.. wow !

Every time I watch videos like this I wonder, do tigers make them too talking about how their tiger mates have ripped another antelope to pieces?

Don't get me wrong, I'm against animal abuse, but some of the arguments made in these kind of videos are bogus. We're guests? In what way are we "guests"? The world itself doesn't give a shit what happens on it and we originate from the same single-cell organisms as animals.

Let's first focus on creating a better world for humans. And with that I don't mean we should all get a PS4 for christmas, but I mean giving food and water and electricity to third world countries. Yes, I think humans are more important than animals. Trust me when I say animals are selfish bastards as well. That doesn't mean we should just mindlessly kill and torture all animals for the heck of it, but some of these animal rights videos are a bit extreme.

Nikolai9282    0

Every time I watch videos like this I wonder, do tigers make them too talking about how their tiger mates have ripped another antelope to pieces?

Don't get me wrong, I'm against animal abuse, but some of the arguments made in these kind of videos are bogus. We're guests? In what way are we "guests"? The world itself doesn't give a shit what happens on it and we originate from the same single-cell organisms as animals.

Let's first focus on creating a better world for humans. And with that I don't mean we should all get a PS4 for christmas, but I mean giving food and water and electricity to third world countries. Yes, I think humans are more important than animals. Trust me when I say animals are selfish bastards as well. That doesn't mean we should just mindlessly kill and torture all animals for the heck of it, but some of these animal rights videos are a bit extreme.

+1

Agreed mate and i see where your coming from but what i think the video is trying to point out about Pollution etc... Basicly it dosen't mean were humans dosen't mean we do what we want because were not the only ones living on this plannet

Question is, do other animals realize that they're not the only ones living on this planet as well? I don't think they do. Or if they do, they don't care. :P

That's a silly excuse to do whatever we want of course, but there's a point to it. We're assuming that we as humans are unnatural. But why? We are life in the most literal sense of the word. Skyscrapers aren't unnatural. If skyscrapers are, are dams built by beavers? Anything we do is by definition natural, because we are natural. In fact, this whole process of having a discussion about animals is natural. We're supposed to discuss this like a tiger is supposed to tear an antelope to pieces.

If we come to the conclusion we need to pollute less then yay for us. It'll help the world in the long run, make us live longer (we need the ecosystem to survive). But those are entirely selfish reasons. And that's how it's supposed to be. We shouldn't stop pollution to safe the animals or "nature". They don't give a shit. They are as selfish as us in the sense they do everything to survive. Stopping pollution might very well be part of that surviving process for us, but only because it benefits us, not anyone else.

Nikolai9282    0

Well we can just prove were Better Gijs :P just be the better Species to look after others even when they dont want it

Guest MARTiN   
Guest MARTiN

Nope... my life is pretty much the same :/

Well we can just prove were Better Gijs :P just be the better Species to look after others even when they dont want it

And if that's how it's gonna be, then I guess that's how it supposed to be. Clubbing a seal emotionally hurts me so I wouldn't do that. I have feelings and I have them for animals too. I might even stop pollution because I feel sorry for the animals.

Question is whether mother earth cares as a whole. Obviously an individual animal doesn't want to die, but species as a whole? They would do the same thing to us if it meant their survival. That isn't the case with us (in fact, pollution destroys stuff we need as well), but stopping animal abuse makes us and the specific animals we were hurting feel good. Not anyone else.

I'm not trying to rally against stopping pollution and whatnot. Of course not. :P I just prefer people to use rational arguments instead of emotional ones. Showing pictures of animals looking really sad isn't very fair. It makes it seem like animals are quietly judging us for the monstrosities we've committed. They aren't.

Guest Mechanic   
Guest Mechanic

Question is, do other animals realize that they're not the only ones living on this planet as well? I don't think they do. Or if they do, they don't care. :P

That's a silly excuse to do whatever we want of course, but there's a point to it. We're assuming that we as humans are unnatural. But why? We are life in the most literal sense of the word. Skyscrapers aren't unnatural. If skyscrapers are, are dams built by beavers? Anything we do is by definition natural, because we are natural. In fact, this whole process of having a discussion about animals is natural. We're supposed to discuss this like a tiger is supposed to tear an antelope to pieces.

If we come to the conclusion we need to pollute less then yay for us. It'll help the world in the long run, make us live longer (we need the ecosystem to survive). But those are entirely selfish reasons. And that's how it's supposed to be. We shouldn't stop pollution to safe the animals or "nature". They don't give a shit. They are as selfish as us in the sense they do everything to survive. Stopping pollution might very well be part of that surviving process for us, but only because it benefits us, not anyone else.

This.

Nikolai9282    0

yea i see what you mean all the time its emotional videos now days what happened to the good Arguments :) i just thought i could share this for the fun an to make another topic to talk about :)

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

4deep2me