Server time: 2017-08-17, 21:40

Sign in to follow this  
TheLonelyOne

Free Spawn - Is it that good?

TheLonelyOne    11

Now, I know most people like this new feature, and I kinda like it, but I am here to talk about how it makes my experience... boring. I am not going to do a pretty thread full of lists and stuff, I'm just going to say it.

I don't want to spawn in the middle of nowhere OR THE NWAF!

My character is alive for days now, but only on the NWAF... And no one goes there, I can't leave because all I have is a T33 and a can of beans! DayZRP is all about player interaction and these cool situations of bandits and heroes... But when you make me spawn in the middle of a forest I never heard of, no map and compass, it makes things boring.

I don't want to spawn in the NWAF! I don't!

I don't want to have weapons like L85's and DMR's. I want to spawn in more well known place so I can meet up with people. Just now I spent almost half an hour trying to find a way to civilization because I spawned in the middle of nowhere in a dark forest. But all I found was a house that I couldn't go in and it was full of zombies.

If I wanted to have big guns and spawn near the NWAF, I'd go play Overwatch or other crazy mods, but I don't want to find big guns on DayZRP, I want to find people, bandits or civilians, I don't care.

With this new feature you are ripping off the RP part of the game. Because if someone spends 1 hour to find civilization, he will need food, water, ammo... And if he has a gun, he will rob people to get that because he just wasted 1 hour of his day trying to have fun. I am not saying to just desable this feature, but make it so you don't spawn in the corner of the map with only 2 bandages and a flare that I never use or never will use.

I would have WAY more fun if I spawned in Cherno, had only a makarov, some supplies and got kidnapped by a Bandit Clan, because I would have this cool situation, and I love it!

I just wanted to get this out of my head, hate you'd like.

Slute    1

You say that it rips off RP from the server, but how would spawning on the coast make it any better?

I see where you are coming from, you don't want to live thay play style but you could easily leave, no one is stopping you. Make your way down to Starry, everyone goes there.

In my opinion spawning in the middle of nowhere adds diversity to the server, and overall makes it harder and more realistic. Instead of spawning on the coast, gearing up to my teeth in Elektro or Cherno, I actually have to scavenge smaller buildings looking for food and surviving off just a hatchet or pistol. Seems much more realistic in my opinion.

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

It's not that hard to run to the coast, alter, north east airfield (around that general area) to run into some people man.

But hey.. you might be doing this super legit and have no idea where anything is - so in that case, have fun exploring :)

ZettaByte    0

L85's and DMR's at the NW? That's cute.

It's not that hard to run down to the coast.. Really it just isn't.

I love spawning in the middle of nowhere, I have to use some form of orienteering to work out where I am, rather than just say "Ah I know exactly where I am" *runs straight for Elektro*

Sure you might know where you have spawned, but it might take that bit longer because it's not as familiar as the coast.

Sly    1

I love spawning in the middle of nowhere, I have to use some form of orienteering to work out where I am, rather than just say "Ah I know exactly where I am" *runs straight for Elektro*

Sure you might know where you have spawned, but it might take that bit longer because it's not as familiar as the coast.

I definitely agree with this, it is a lot of fun loosing your where about and just stumbling into a good RP scenario.