Server time: 2017-10-20, 21:47
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
FruitPunchG

Monitor / TV [HELP]

FruitPunchG    5

Hello~

This is my current monitor atm: ASUS VE248H - 24"

Now.. I want a 2nd monitor or TV.. For mostly FIFA, chilling games like GTA, Max Payne 3 or simply watching TV series and Football..

I was thinking about this TV: Samsung LED 32" TV .. It is cheap, but it doesn't have full HD, which I don't fully understand, but is it something you must have or?

I can also afford this one Samsung LED 32" Smart TV , it is slightly expensive, and I was thinking, but why not a better gaming monitor and then make my current ASUS one the "tv" one..

Here is the gaming monitor, cheaper than the Samsung LED 32" smart TV, BenQ 24" 3D 120Ghz

Please halp! <3

Daryl Dixon    0

I got that gaming monitor recently and it is very good. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00A2KZ2XS?tag=fr013-21&linkCode=sb1&camp=2378&creative=8434

Pleased with it and the display is one of the best I have ever seen. Also looking at reviews and such its supposed to be one of the best out there. Also its got a nice swivel on it so you can easily adjust it

Lundborg    0

Hmm.. I wouldn't recommend using a TV screen as a 2nd monitor. You would probably be off better with that BenQ screen.

What "HD-Ready" means is that it is ready for 720p resolutions. The resolution on the TV is 1366 x 768 which isn't quite "full-HD" which means that they support 1080p.

That BenQ screen would probably be really good as your main monitor serving you with 144Hz. A lot of people say they really notice a big difference between 60Hz(I assume your current monitor is 60Hz) and 120/144Hz.

Unless you REALLY want a TV screen I wouldn't go for it.

FruitPunchG    5

Hmm.. I wouldn't recommend using a TV screen as a 2nd monitor. You would probably be off better with that BenQ screen.

What "HD-Ready" means is that it is ready for 720p resolutions. The resolution on the TV is 1366 x 768 which isn't quite "full-HD" which means that they support 1080p.

That BenQ screen would probably be really good as your main monitor serving you with 144Hz. A lot of people say they really notice a big difference between 60Hz(I assume your current monitor is 60Hz) and 120/144Hz.

Unless you REALLY want a TV screen I wouldn't go for it.

Hmmmm.. Sounds good to me, but, last question.

Full HD with HDMI

Enter a spectacular world of colors with Full HD 1080p (1920x1080) support and HDMI port.

What does that mean? It's on my current monitor, does that mean with HDMI I can run BLURAY movies from torrents :troll: better?

Lundborg    0

HDMI is merely the name of the cable/technology used to connect your monitor to your computer.

Different connection types delivers different qualities of video. HDMI is the most commonly used on newer monitors today.

The BLURAY movies you rent for free of Amazon and never have to return should run fine on a 1920x1080 resolution. With that BenQ monitor you even get a refresh rate of 144Hz which will make it even more prettier in both games and movies!