Server time: 2017-08-20, 02:21

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Praetorian

We give our thanks.

Guest Praetorian   
Guest Praetorian

With Thanksgiving passed, and Christmas right around the corner, it is a time when members of our collective species display their thankfulness for things.

We would like to express our thanks to our friends, our families, our loves ones, and to the members of the DayZRP Community.

We would also like to express our thanks to veterans.

It is not a matter of why our country is involved in hostile contact with another nation. It isn't about the motivations as to why war is started, or why our soldiers enter a country.

It is about those men and women who make the choice to enlist. It is about those who make the decision to take themselves away from their families, and their loved ones. It is about the sacrifices they make. Taking on unimaginable challenges, aware that they will miss out on time from their families, and in many cases, missing out on seeing their own children grow.

It is these brave men and women, active duty and veterans, across all branches, that we give our thanks to.

May you all have a Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year.

We hope that you are lucky enough to see, and be with, your families this year.

[video=youtube]

I would also like to thank those veterans within our ranks who have made their own sacrifices, and to whom I am thankful to have. Whether they be current members, or past.

SGT. John B. - United States Army

Cpl. Travis S. - United States Marine Corps

Are you thankful for a veteran?

Tell us who below with a comment, so we may be thankful for them too.

Not thankful for any veteran? - Don't hesitate to share what you're thankful for.

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

-Snip- Sniping for respect of OP.

Traveller    0

To all my fellow sailors out there, a happy holiday to you and your families. I'm blessed enough to be home for the holiday with my family this year, but I know that many will be on open waters this Christmas and New Years. I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. Smooth sailing, and a happy holiday to you.

To my fellow veterans and service members. Happy holidays and a happy new year. May your future be bright, and know that this sailor Salutes you.

MASN Gullion

Naval Security Attachment, USNR Ohio

Guest Praetorian   
Guest Praetorian

To all my fellow sailors out there, a happy holiday to you and your families. I'm blessed enough to be home for the holiday with my family this year, but I know that many will be on open waters this Christmas and New Years. I'd trade places with you in a heart beat. Smooth sailing, and a happy holiday to you.

To my fellow veterans and service members. Happy holidays and a happy new year. May your future be bright, and know that this sailor Salutes you.

MASN Gullion

Thank you for serving, your comment is thoroughly appreciated.

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

MASN Gullion

Ohio eh?

I currently live in Ohio.

Guest Praetorian   
Guest Praetorian

-Snip- Sniping for respect of OP.

And much respect to you, friend.

Rolle    2450

o7

Salute to the Swedish armed forces, risking their lives to bring peace to foreign countries.

[video=youtube]

Guest Praetorian   
Guest Praetorian

o7

[video=youtube]

Our respect goes to all veterans, regardless of their nation! :)

Bianco    0

I have a couple.

Cpt. Charles 'Peg Leg' M. - The Black Watch (Royal Highlanders) {WIA - Afghanistan} [Retired]

Cpl. Tommy P. - United States Marine Corps [Active - Afghanistan]

LCpl. Zach 'Kaiser' W. - United States Marine Corps [Active - South Korea]

SSgt. Frank - United States Marine Corps [Retired]

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

Wunsleh :(

This. The only person I know currently enlisted in any country and I respect him so much.

Respect to all those serving even though I may disagree with what they fight for.

Laurence Taylor    3

MASN Gullion

My brother is a sailor in the Royal Navy ( UK ) and We are lucky enough for him to be coming home for christmas. As I'm sure you're aware being confined to a boat for several months at a time must be difficult and it is a happy time for everyone for them to be back home!