Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 07:52

Camp Settlement HQ for KGB? (HELP NEEDED)

Guest The Nightmare

Guest The Nightmare

The Headquarters.

If someone that has experience with the 3D editor for ARMA 2 and has some free time that they could put to use. The KGB are looking to have a "secret until found" sort of settlement. We plan to have someone that knows how to use the editor make it for us but there are some rules about this if you would be so kind to do it.

Requirements.

1.) If posting pictures of it, dont make the location to obvious.

2.) Make some recognition that its ours not that its like any other random settlement.

3.) Let it have 2 entrances, CR looking area, testing area, add your own touch if you want. We plan on making it into a settlement once we find it. (CRship will be dealt with once we decide to make it into a settlement or not)

4.) If someone else finds it before us. ITS OK. Just dont spoil where it is for us so its still a scavenger hunt.

5.) If you look at the clan thread. Here. It shows that finding the HQ is one of our objectives.

6.) If you need any other questions answered feel free to PM me or come talk to me on TS3 about it! (I am usually on the forums 4-5 hours everyday)

P.S. if this should be in settlements ideas would someone kindly move it for meh?

Thanks,

KGB

Hmm it's a unique and interesting idea having to find your own settlement to call home, but I'm not sure how you are going to pull that off.

Also, if there is going to be a 'CR area' then it will be a settlement that requires at least two clans for it to be added. I would recommend having a player camp added instead, which you could unofficially run so to speak, just it would not be the official settlement of the KGB.

Good luck though.

Guest The Nightmare

Hmm it's a unique and interesting idea having to find your own settlement to call home, but I'm not sure how you are going to pull that off.

Also, if there is going to be a 'CR area' then it will be a settlement that requires at least two clans for it to be added. I would recommend having a player camp added instead, which you could unofficially run so to speak, just it would not be the official settlement of the KGB.

Good luck though.

As i said in the red font. CRship will be dealt with if we decide to have a settlement.

Thank you.

• Emerald

Yeah I'm not to sure you can have your own "secret" base. Then every clan would want one, and it wouldn't be fair for just you to have one.

If you have a CR area wouldnt that mean you would have Camp Representatives which you would only need if it were a settlement? Im pretty sure its stated on settlement rules, that you have to put the location of the settlement on the thread.

Guest The Nightmare

Yeah I'm not to sure you can have your own "secret" base. Then every clan would want one, and it wouldn't be fair for just you to have one.

If you have a CR area wouldnt that mean you would have Camp Representatives which you would only need if it were a settlement? Im pretty sure its stated on settlement rules, that you have to put the location of the settlement on the thread.

We are thinking of making it a settlement. Once we find it if we dont want to make it a settle ment it would simply just be removed. We would actually like a storyline for our clan though and actually have objectives.

As i said in the red font. CRship will be dealt with if we decide to have a settlement.

Thank you.

No need to be so blunt. What I'm saying is you're asking for someone to make a settlement but you aren't sure if you want a player base to use or a settlement to own. Which aren't the same, physically.

Guest The Nightmare

Thank you.

No need to be so blunt. What I'm saying is you're asking for someone to make a settlement but you aren't sure if you want a player base to use or a settlement to own. Which aren't the same, physically.

Im asking if someone would like to do it. Not saying they have to. We have not yet decided what it will be which is why we are asking for volunteers. Someone that is willing to make something that has the chance of being deleted. It doesnt have to be big. Hell i dont care if its a single building. Just as long as we can identify in some way that its our HQ. Then if we want to proceed with a settlement we contact the person who did it for us the first time and see if they would like to add onto it.

• Emerald

We are thinking of making it a settlement. Once we find it if we dont want to make it a settle ment it would simply just be removed. We would actually like a storyline for our clan though and actually have objectives.

Im pretty sure Rolle or Kakan would not want to implement a "settlement" so you can look for it and then say eh I dont want it. Would be a waste of time for the man making it and for Kakan/Rolle whoever puts in the settlements.

Guest The Nightmare

Im pretty sure Rolle or Kakan would not want to implement a "settlement" so you can look for it and then say eh I dont want it. Would be a waste of time for the man making it and for Kakan/Rolle whoever puts in the settlements.

I posted this to find out if it would be ok or not if someone would do it if we needed. It is an IDEA not an actual thing. This is for feedback. Im not asking them to implement it right now. We can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Not a bad idea man.

Maybe several new abandoned outposts could be put into the map for people to discover and clans to fight over?

It would be dope if you could create a story out of the objective you have by using this idea!

Not a bad idea man.

Maybe several new abandoned outposts could be put into the map for people to discover and clans to fight over?

It would be dope if you could create a story out of the objective you have by using this idea!

There are plenty random outposts dotted around the dayzrp map of Chernarus. You're new so perhaps you haven't found any yet but they're are many. Lots of little camp sites with tents etc, little wooden walls with a couple of buildings inside, all sorts of things. Explore!

Guest The Nightmare

Not a bad idea man.

There are plenty random outposts dotted around the dayzrp map of Chernarus. You're new so perhaps you haven't found any yet but they're are many. Lots of little camp sites with tents etc, little wooden walls with a couple of buildings inside, all sorts of things. Explore!

//inb4 he says "do you have a heli?"

;)

Not a bad idea man.

Yeah so far ive only found a few compounds dotted around in the north but im pretty sure they just use to be clan bases (as in official bases like Ravens nest).

Guest The Nightmare

Not a bad idea man.

Yeah so far ive only found a few compounds dotted around in the north but im pretty sure they just use to be clan bases (as in official bases like Ravens nest).

Mate those camps normally are just used to bring people there to torture/execute. KGB ourselves use them as testing fields to do experiments on subjects. They are really just there so theres a place to go for safe roleplay but your still in danger if you understand what i mean.

Mate those camps normally are just used to bring people there to torture/execute. KGB ourselves use them as testing fields to do experiments on subjects. They are really just there so theres a place to go for safe roleplay but your still in danger if you understand what i mean.

Trust me man I dont hang around those joints anymore.

Not after what happened....

Guest The Nightmare

Ok? Well cool if you want i guess you could uh... PM me what happened? As this is a forum more or less about a settlement idea.

Guest The Nightmare

You could use Doge.. Or that settlement inside of the forest, near SGRU turn.. There is one north of NWAF also, there are plenty hidden ones you could RP as HQ!

I know. Ive seen what you do to people at dodge ;)

Wouldnt want to get in the way of those RPG's yah know :P

• Legend

Moving to Settlement Ideas

Ok? Well cool if you want i guess you could uh... PM me what happened? As this is a forum more or less about a settlement idea.

Haha nothing really i was just being dramatic. :P

Well something did happen but it wasnt at one of those. good luck wiht your idea anyway!

Well, you arent specially specific about what you would like to see as a settlement.

With this less information, i doubt that someone will step up creating a settlement for you as it is a lot of work(if you do it properly).

So give some basic points on what you want to see, more like a farm or more like a abandoned military camp/base?

And you should change in the OP 3D-Editor to 2D-Editor.

• Emerald

If you have any ideas on what you would like PM me, and I can see what I can come up with.

Who ever makes it can show what it looks like and just move it to an undisclosed location.. I have an idea on where this camp/settlement could go that would fit the RP.

Guest The Nightmare

If you have any ideas on what you would like PM me, and I can see what I can come up with.

Who ever makes it can show what it looks like and just move it to an undisclosed location.. I have an idea on where this camp/settlement could go that would fit the RP.

Will do thanks mate!