Server time: 2017-10-24, 11:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bobby

Stereotypical Clans.

Mr Bobby    0

What I have realised is that many clans follow stereotypes. It is easy to see why though, stereotypes are what a country can be known for or the general impression they give out, so many people follow that. I would just like to see some more modern ideas for clans. For example perhaps a Russian clan that aren't all for 'Mother Russia' and communism.

I understand it is fun to do and fun to RP and I don't really have anything against stereotypes, all I'm saying is I would like to see clans that perhaps don't RP the way you think they would.

Please tell me how you feel (agree/disagree) about this below.

naury42    0

Go ahead, make one.

Its just lack of fantasy and ideas for people. Thats why such clans are made.

Slute    1

There are few clans that actually do this. Each clan has their own reason for being in Chernarus and they aren't following the stereotypical kind of things.

Mush    2

I totally agree, I think everyone bases there characters/clans solely on stereotypes. Which sometimes, can be fun. But we need more originality within DayZRP :)

Mr Bobby    0

Go ahead, make one.

I'm working on a Clan but it won't be out for a while because I want to make sure its good and looks professional.

naury42    0

Go ahead, make one.

I'm working on a Clan but it won't be out for a while because I want to make sure its good and looks professional.

its ok, i didnt mean u have to make clan :D

i was just saying that clans are made of that reason.

Mr Bobby    0

Go ahead, make one.

its ok, i didnt mean u have to make clan :D

i was just saying that clans are made of that reason.

I was planning on making one anyway :)

Sorry off topic

Stagsview    625

People do it mainly for a laugh and so that people can recognize a clan just by talking to them due to a certain way of acting. Sure it is stereotypical but how else would you portray a character that nobody has heard of it but unless its a stereotypical one.

I say its good so the clan can stand out. but each member of the clan has to have a different personality to keep the RP fresh :D

Sir Doctor    3

Well if this community was New Zealand based then me playing as Ruru, a Maori, wouldn't be original and my character probably wouldn't be popular at all.

I started writing this without realising the argument I was trying to make :P

I dunno I guess you can draw your own conclusions from this because I sure can't #Nub4Lyfe

Siorre    0

I am considering remaking a clan that are a cult. It adds to the RP and you can torture people to follow your religioN!!!

Traveller    0

I am considering remaking a clan that are a cult. It adds to the RP and you can torture people to follow your religioN!!!

Kind of ahead of you on that front. Click my signature for the clan idea thread.

That said, I agree whole heartedly that a lot of clans are based on blatant stereotypes. Sometimes it comes off as racist to me, but then again I'm american and live in a society that censors a lot of things.

My first clan, The 40 Thieves, was based on Arab Bandits of old and looking back on it was based all on arabic stereotypes. Didn't last long either.

For as many military/bandit clans that we have, a lot do not last long. These groups of 5 to 6 noobs that band together thinking they'll take over the servers don't realize that the bigger, older groups are top dog for a reason. They piss off the big boys and get spanked; then either rage quit or join a higger clan. Now sure, some groups prosper if they are smart and make the right friends, but most just get in trouble and liquidate.

My advice to anyone making a clan at this juncture is to try and be unique. Maybe not make your primary goal to be "the biggest group of badasses." You won't last long if that is your goal.