Server time: 2017-08-17, 17:17

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shadow

Idea: Hip Hop in Chernaraus? :O

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

First off i have searched the forums and found no thread that seems to cover what i am going to suggest but if i have missed it please tell me :)

Second I am new to DayZRP, this is simply a "out of the box" suggestion to see what people think. If you have a problem with my lack of rp experience and consider my opinion invalid please stay off this thread, there is no need for any flaming. Lets keep feedback somewhat pleasant (even if you do disagree).

IDEA: Bring hip hop into Chernaraus. I know proper music isnt going to work in Arma (from what i can imagine in relation to its mechanics) BUT hip hop dosnt need music to for hip hop to exist. ;)

Im talking about rapping/freestyling, rap battles and such. Ofcourse some peoples microphones arent really designed for rapping but why not atleast give it a try?

For "rap battles" to happen ingame nothing is required but two competitors (or parties it can be more then just one v one) and a host and judges.

In my opinion the host should be someone who people from both parties are friendly with or neutral (also better if they are well respected on the server). The job of the host should be to track time and cut off rappers when their alloted time of rapping (In a battle) has reached its end. Ofcourse they should also introduce the names of the parties involved to the crowd and announce which number round is commencing, oh and also announce the winner.

The judges should be highly respected individuals on the server (maybe even admins) and MUST be neutral to both participants in OOC and IC conditions.

Anyway I AM NOT a professional rapper in any sense and this is just a crazy idea of mine which most people will likely laugh at, but I am currently in the process of doing some minor producing ( I do NOT have anything of my own on youtube so please dont ask for my own work as proof im not a "wannabe" or "try-hard" or for you aussies "townie/lad") with a successful rapper from my local area and I have learned alot of helpful tips for new rappers so for those that are actually thinking about trying this idea (and have no idea what they are doing) here is some suggestions:

- Start small. Dont expect to have tonnes of bars set in your mind ready to be put to use, it isnt gonna happen. Atleast not straight away so start off by simply having a small arsenal at the ready. Remember QUALITY OVER QUANTITY a rapper can say a million bars but it only takes one perfect line (and delivery) to knock him down.

- Dont take yourself too seriously!! When doing it (for alot of people) people think if they cant hit every bar they are a complete failure. This ofcourse isnt true if you study hip hop and the techniques of rappers even just a little bit you will quickly learn that rapping is not 100% natural, some serious dedication is required to be really good. So just laugh about it, think about what you did wrong and how to fix it then keep on trying.

- PRACITCE. A cliche i know and far too generally speaking. BUT it is true if you even just try putting words together randomly and can create a sentence that half makes sense and has some rhyme to it then thats enough. Think about this most of all when you are running around the wilderness of Chernaraus with nothing better to do but talk absolute nonsense to yourself.

- SPECTATING. If you are not participating in a rap battle but are watching it KEEP YO MOUTH SHUT BOI! No but seriously it can be very nerve racking for new rappers in their first few freestyles so if they stuff up ignore it or keep your comments to yourself. ALSO in DayZ it is very hard for people to hear over each other in direct chat so maybe keep laughter/cheering (laughter at jokes and such NOT at the actual rapper themselves) til the end of each rappers respective turns.

- CONTENT. By this I mean the actual lyrical content that a rapper uses. For instance someone who is constantly cussing unreasonably will look ridiculous, If it is a battle then sure the whole point is to put the other rapper down but if your freestyling yourself or spiting a verse you wrote keep cussing to a minimum. Cussing really should only be used to fill in gaps (If unavoidable) and to back up hard punch lines. If you are going to write a verse and want to share it THINK about what you are actually going to write about otherwise your writing will become too random and too un-organised.

I could go on for hours with suggestions but i think this is enough text for your eyes to hate me for so i apologise if it is too long but this really is a topic that CAN be taken seriously if people are willing to try.

**AGAIN I am not a professional rapper in any sense and i do not want to seem to try and make myself sound like one but hopefully for one or two of you people who read this these suggestions might actually help.**

Instead of just making you snort and laugh at how pathetic it may seem.:P

Anyway people LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!

Peace and Blessings <3

EpicRaptor    0

I don't understand why you would have rap battles in a zombie apocalypse. This also gives room for a lot of trolling.

There's nothing stopping you doing this already, as long as the people spectating and the participants don't consider it trolling then its fine. As long as it is justified and reasonable for your character to do (much like how dancing around a campfire can be appropriate for a few situations).

It might bring a bit of atmosphere to a settlement, although the constant voice chatter may be disrupting so possibly take it outside of a camp on the edge of direct voice range.

Carved_    7

Music IS indeed possible in Arma.

I often sit at settlements and play Guitar.

That is something that I really can imagine to happen in a zombie apocalypse.

But Rap battles are....

I don't know, i think its weird.

just my opinion

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I don't understand why you would have rap battles in a zombie apocalypse. This also gives room for a lot of trolling.

Music has always been used as a beacon of hope in times of hardship ofcourse rap battles shouldnt be the focus of hip hop (especially in an apocalypse) i mainly just focused on it as a good example.

Theres no reason for someone not to write a beautiful piece of music for their fellow survivors.

As well as freestyling.

Rap battles are probably the one side of hip hop that wouldnt really work in a zombie apocalypse.

Aslong as people stay in character i dont see how trolling could happen really, how do you think it could? (An example?)

I think it could open up a world of great RP.

EpicRaptor    0

Music has always been used as a beacon of hope in times of hardship ofcourse rap battles shouldnt be the focus of hip hop (especially in an apocalypse) i mainly just focused on it as a good example.

Theres no reason for someone not to write a beautiful piece of music for their fellow survivors.

As well as freestyling.

Rap battles are probably the one side of hip hop that wouldnt really work in a zombie apocalypse.

Aslong as people stay in character i dont see how trolling could happen really, how do you think it could? (An example?)

I just don't think people would take a rap battle seriously to be honest.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

But Rap battles are....

just my opinion

Nice! Ya know if you could time it write combining things like that with hip hop could work. I just havent heard an instrument coming through a mic before, also would be sweet to get a guitar playing animation ;)

Unless you use one? I really have no clue about that.

And yeah i agree about the rap battle aspect of hip hop probably not working, unless some sort of social structure was establish permanetely. (which would simply ruin the whole surivival aspect of DayZ)

As well as freestyling.

^^

"rap battles are probably the one side of hip hop that wouldnt work in a zombie apocalypse"

Forget the battles for the moment, could you take someone seriously if they were just freestyling or rapping a prepared verse?

tumblr_mr4mahyMbQ1r8y8gso1_400.gif

No.

Haha nice..

But really? Play nice now..

Atleast give a decent reason. Otherwise i would like to refer you to the beginning of this thread.

EpicRaptor    0

But Rap battles are....

just my opinion

Nice! Ya know if you could time it write combining things like that with hip hop could work. I just havent heard an instrument coming through a mic before, also would be sweet to get a guitar playing animation ;)

And yeah i agree about the rap battle aspect of hip hop probably not working, unless some sort of social structure was establish permanetely. (which would simply ruin the whole surivival aspect of DayZ)

As well as freestyling.

^^

"rap battles are probably the one side of hip hop that wouldnt work in a zombie apocalypse"

Forget the battles for the moment, could you take someone seriously if they were just freestyling or rapping a prepared verse?

Yes, I could. But we all know some idiots gonna think it'd be funny to have a rap battle with him. But in all honesty you can do this yourself :D

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

It doesn't make sense.

And how would you even do it?

I just gave you a possible set up of a battle which is the worst part of hip hop in Chernaraus...

If you want to freestyle you turn on direct chat and ask anyone if they would like to listen.

Then you go away from people who do not want to hear it (so settlments arent completely trolled shitless) then you can rap whatever you like.

I dont really understand your question, are you referring to how would you initiate?

But Rap battles are....

just my opinion

^^

Yes, I could. But we all know some idiots gonna think it'd be funny to have a rap battle with him. But in all honesty you can do this yourself :D

Well maybe that could lead to a rap battle? Two different rappers who perform around a similair area are bound to rap together eventually and if they like they can always have a battle to see who is better.

BOOM

Rap battles now have a legitimate reason to be in Chernaraus ;)

(as far as im concerned)

There's nothing stopping you doing this already, as long as the people spectating and the participants don't consider it trolling then its fine. As long as it is justified and reasonable for your character to do (much like how dancing around a campfire can be appropriate for a few situations).

It might bring a bit of atmosphere to a settlement, although the constant voice chatter may be disrupting so possibly take it outside of a camp on the edge of direct voice range.

Very true i could log in right now and go rap in front of some people but i think without some discussion on the forums OOC people would think im just trying to be a troll.

Which is unfortunate but probably true for alot of people and maybe fair enough for them to assume so?. Good RP would have to be a part of a rappers performance otherwise people would just be like "a troll! take him dooowwwnnnnn" - banned :( .

Stagsview    582

So instead of Fire fights clans and groups solve their problems with a Rap battle? Loser is no longer OG of the block and give up the drug trade to the wining clan?

//Not saying its a bad idea..It just can be done ever way in game if people are willing to.

Somebody inform Block-17

Brickity    2

Rapping is horrible so here's some tips

It doesn't fit in a zombie apocalypse

So here I am giving it to you straight

If you rap, I will initiate

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

rapping is horrible?

haha wow dude please fuck off this thread.

Never seen such a troll move on these forums..

It would be different if you said "I dont like rap or this idea". But instead you chose to be a troll and try and flame, completely immature approach..

User was warned for this post.

Krimbo    0

*Masao Baba drops a 'sick' beat*

*The Shogun stands with his arms crossed*

*The rest of the Dragons are stood at his side bouncing their head*

*Takuma is crouched in front of the Shogun with a mic to his lips*

"I'm an honorable dragon of the Imperial sort,

When the Doragonzu roll up all of your friends abort,

We drink saké all day and smoke taima all night,

It's a big mistake to dishonor the Shogun, that's right,

On the Emperor's island chilling and fishing for fishes,

Everyone knows that the Valkyrie girls are the Shogun's *****es,

We look mean in every single one of our pictures,

Where we're stood there holding the rarest guns, we're the richest,

Every clan and group we meet begs us to ally,

Because every man in Chernarus fears the samurai,

Our foes flee in fear, like cowardly dogs they cry,

When we are running at them with katanas shouting BANZAI!"

Fun and games aside, too trolly in my opinion. I'd recommend playing a rap-star character instead perhaps? It would be unique and interesting as long as you don't come across as a troll and play it cool. Perhaps ask Rolle to add a skin with a side-on cap and baggy jeans that look like a skirt too.

EDIT: I really want to carry on writing Imperial Dragon lyrics and make a rap video... Calling BigLittleShorts to this thread.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

What huh? Why...

"why".

Please read above i have given a perfectly legitimate reason for music to be in a apocalypse.

Rap battles sure probably not going to happen but freestyling and sharing written work is completely ok in my opinion. Its logical people would try to use music as a means of escape from such a horrible world.

It happens in the real world so why not in a real world simulator?

*Masao Baba drops a 'sick' beat*

*The Shogun stands with his arms crossed*

*The rest of the Dragons are stood at his side bouncing their head*

*Takuma is crouched in front of the Shogun with a mic to his lips*

"I'm an honorable dragon of the Imperial sort,

When the Doragonzu roll up all of your friends abort,

We drink saké all day and smoke taima all night,

It's a big mistake to dishonor the Shogun, that's right,

On the Emperor's island chilling and fishing for fishes,

Everyone knows that the Valkyrie girls are the Shogun's *****es,

We look mean in every single one of our pictures,

Where we're stood there holding the rarest guns, we're the richest,

Every clan and group we meet begs us to ally,

Because every man in Chernarus fears the samurai,

Our foes flee in fear, like cowardly dogs they cry,

When we are running at them with katanas shouting BANZAI!"

Fun and games aside, too trolly in my opinion. I'd recommend playing a rap-star character instead perhaps? It would be unique and interesting as long as you don't come across as a troll and play it cool. Perhaps ask Rolle to add a skin with a side-on cap and baggy jeans that look like a skirt too.

Yeah it can be too trolly, thats why i wouldnt be a rap character ingame without this thread. People would just think im trying to troll.

As much of a fan of hip-hop that I am, I really can not agree with this or see a valid point. Hey dont get me wrong, some spare of the moment stuff that could lead to it but not something to make a thread for or get hyped on.

Brickity    2

rapping is horrible?

It would be different if you said "I dont like rap or this idea". But instead you chose to be a troll and try and flame, completely immature approach..

I was stating my opinion, just with some light-hearted humour.

I could have picked a better word than horrible, however there was no need to abuse me for doing so.

rapping is horrible?

He made a joke, calm down.

Not to mention that what he did wasn't flaming. Don't get mad that people don't like your idea.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

rapping is horrible?

He made a joke, calm down.

Not to mention that what he did wasn't flaming. Don't get mad that people don't like your idea.

I said at the start of this thread I don't mind if people hate this idea its not about that. Ive been looking at a lot of threads on the forums and have seen a shit tonne of arguments happening and I didn't want this thread to turn into another battle of the keyboard warriors.

Hence why I said "fuck off" instead of "fuck you".

Sure not the politest way to put it but people don't seem to be able to talk on any forums without having arguments.

Which is why this will be my last post on this thread. Thanks to all for the input.

Guest Otmel Strangler   
Guest Otmel Strangler

As a noble samurai I refuse to take part in this grotesque orgy of decadence.

Sly    1

Rap battles have no places in an apocalypses, guitars by campfires increase the overall RP experience while a rap battle would ruin it.