Server time: 2017-10-19, 00:11
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Max Simons

Thought on clan types

Max Simons    9

As some might know I am trying to currently (along with some friends) trying to get my Islamic clan up and running. As soon as we posted our clan we where hit had by the "not another Arab clan" "to many Arab clans... Russia" and so on. We are super different and no one is looking at our thread but that's aside. The real question is why are we his so hard about being copy cat clan?

In DayzRP there are Loads Russian, Fallout & Super solider spec ops clans. When one of these are posted in clan suggestions no one make a big deal even though every second clan is the same thing.

Why is this so? What I'm looking to find out is everyone opinion on the fact that no one bats a eye at those clans but if there's another Arabic based clan shit hits the fan.

Please post what you think about the issue

Slute    1

Everyone goes through it, just dont worry about it. If you truly think it is a good idea, ignore those bad insults and keep going.

The only problem I have is when there is too many of one type of clan that is the same. The amount of Arab clans right now with the same or similar backstory and Idea is pretty high.

Tomeran    3

I suppose people's concern is that "arab clans" have a fairly small "sense space" in Chernarus. What I mean with that interesting pair of words is that it makes a limited amount of sense for these people to be here, and usually for a limited amount of people.

An example: The imperial dragons are from Japan, and fairly well established in this community. If another clan suddenly established itself and claimed they were from Japan, you'd get a similar response, especielly as it already is a big stretch for Japanese people to be in Chernarus in the first place.

I havent read your clan or your background so I cant comment on how similar you are to the Al-Takizh, but in their case I'll argue their presence makes perfect sense, due to the very close proximity between Takistan and Chernarus. So if its another Takistan clan, then I dont see the issue. If its a clan from say, Saudi Arabia or some such, then I hope you've come up with a good excuse as to why these people are here.

As for the issue in general, it is a broadly accepted fact that clan concepts in dayzRP tend to push towards the "super-soldier spec ops" or "military elite force" stereotypes fairly often. People tend to take it a little too far when they generally describe how common these clans are, but they do exist. When these sterotypes emerge, some people then hammer down on them quite fiercely.

In the case of russians however, I'll argue that their presence makes perfect sense. The only part with them that does not make perfect sense is that they're mostly soviet-inspired "motha russia"-themed clans. Guess people are still thinking in cold war terms and are a bit out of the loop of what current Russia is actually like.

Max Simons    9

I suppose people's concern is that "arab clans" have a fairly small "sense space" in Chernarus. What I mean with that interesting pair of words is that it makes a limited amount of sense for these people to be here, and usually for a limited amount of people.

An example: The imperial dragons are from Japan, and fairly well established in this community. If another clan suddenly established itself and claimed they were from Japan, you'd get a similar response, especielly as it already is a big stretch for Japanese people to be in Chernarus in the first place.

I havent read your clan or your background so I cant comment on how similar you are to the Al-Takizh, but in their case I'll argue their presence makes perfect sense, due to the very close proximity between Takistan and Chernarus. So if its another Takistan clan, then I dont see the issue. If its a clan from say, Saudi Arabia or some such, then I hope you've come up with a good excuse as to why these people are here.

As for the issue in general, it is a broadly accepted fact that clan concepts in dayzRP tend to push towards the "super-soldier spec ops" or "military elite force" stereotypes fairly often. People tend to take it a little too far when they generally describe how common these clans are, but they do exist. When these sterotypes emerge, some people then hammer down on them quite fiercely.

In the case of russians however, I'll argue that their presence makes perfect sense. The only part with them that does not make perfect sense is that they're mostly soviet-inspired "motha russia"-themed clans. Guess people are still thinking in cold war terms and are a bit out of the loop of what current Russia is actually like.

Hmm very well reply there! In my case we are actually Russian Islamic, we come from Russia we have to reason to be in chernaruas and our story links up perfect. A small problem I'm getting is no one reading our thread just making straight up assumption.

Still this there to many spec ops for a rural Russian bordering country though.

ZettaByte    0

Hey, the only problem I got here is that... The arab clan are like... We are not Allahu Acbar and kabum, but in the end you kinda expect them to be like this. Steritypes and shit.

The russian clans.. Yeah, but they bring new idea here new idea there and its fun to listen to the phony accent. And them speak russian to them.

The Fallout clans bring diffrent kinds of RP and people. We are prisoners. Enclave are military guys. How is that even comes in one line besides the Fallout theme?

Basically man, there are already 2 other major Arabic based clans out there, yours may be awesome but expect criticism. On a side note, if i had any idea how to make a clan, i would make it a group of mentally insane people that just fuck with peoples mind.

Max the best thing you can do is to just ignore the comments and strive yourself to prove these people wrong.

Max Simons    9

Max the best thing you could do is to just ignore the comments and strive yourself to prove these people wrong.

Ok Batman!