Server time: 2017-08-19, 03:36

Sign in to follow this  
Sir Doctor

Remember My Name - The Fall of Desal

Sir Doctor    3

Bullets wizzing by, screams of dying men, Felix's eyes as the life fades from them and then hot, blinding pain...

Hours earlier...

The harsh shriek of the camp alarm drilled deep into my head. Still half asleep, I grumbled to myself, "Here we go again."

I crawled out of my bunk bed, did my belt up and pulled my boots on.

An explosion shook the room.

'Fuck'

The attacks had become inanely frequent and our loses had been high, there was even talk of some men defecting into other groups.

A array of gunfire snapped me away from my thoughts, I reached for my medical bag and slung it over my shoulder, I grabbed my beloved AS Val and prepared to head out into the camp when a paled faced man slammed the door open, stumbled a few steps inside, then quickly turned and slammed the door shut.

He slumped down against the door, eyes closed and breathing heavily.

"Name's.. Mick" the man said breathlessly, eyes still closed. "Its.. its hell out there"

"They've breached the walls?!" This was worrying. Most attackers rarely got into the camp before they're picked off by our sharpshooters on the catwalk and roof. That meant that this group had some form of a plan and probably knew what they were doing. This was gonna be a tough one.

Dust rained from the roof as more gunfire and explosions shook the room.

"Yeh, they took down the walls with a truck" Mick muttered, finally opening his eyes to look at me, the pain in his voice was evident, "they killed my wife man, punched her in the jaw and shot her in the fucking forehead.. who fucking does that man? Those sick fucking bastar-" he cut himself off looking around the room wildly, he leaped to his feet and ran to a gun-rack, grabbed a shotgun and some ammunition. "Hey mate, put that thing down" I said, approaching him cautiously, "You don't want to go out there, you know you don't"

Micks hands were shaking as he loaded the shotgun. He shoved past me, yanked the door open and sprinted out screaming some form of battle-cry.

The loud bang-bang of a shotgun firing was added to the orchestra of gunfire. I quickly closed the door, not before noticing the large pile of bodies around the central campfire. I put my free hand to my forehead, rubbing it slowly.

'Fucking hell... Its a bloodbath out there.'

All of a sudden the shooting stopped, the alarm took centre stage and continued droning on, digging deep into my head. I could feel a nasty headache coming on. 'Wheres a bloody coffee when you need one!'

I heard the sound of metal on metal, a crowbar on the crate doors?

My radio burst into life from my bed, the speaker spoke in a hushed tone and was breathing heavily.

"Karl, Karl mate, you there?"

I breath a sigh of relief, it was Grives.

'Thank god for that.'

I strode over to the bed and picked the radio up, "Mornin' gents, bit of a rough start, eh?"

Grives chuckled, "Listen mate, there's about 6 of us stuck in the CR area. We managed to whittle their numbers down to 3 or 4 but we had to barricade ourselves in here to avoid more causalities, but they're gonna get in here eventually, we got injuries in here, and it ain't pretty, they lobbed a 'nade over the wall and got a good few of us with the shrapnel."

'Shit, this wasn't good.' I looked down at the gun in my hand and a plan formed in my head. I spoke into the radio one last time.

"I'm coming gents."

//Part 2 on its way! Originally I only planned to write my pov after the second attack on SASR as we attempted to leave (That can be found here written by the talented Bianco) but I felt I needed to add more seeing as Karl has been my main character ever since I joined RP. I also planned to post the story all in one go as I already have it all written out on paper. But I've decided to break it up into segments so people can digest it easier. Because trust me, this is a bloody long story.

Comments and criticism welcome <3

Bianco    0

I like that you took care in describing certain things, so you can really picture it. Excellent work so far, I can't wait to see the rest.

Mush    2

Looks great man, so this means, no more Desal?

Want to meet you in-game dude!

Bianco    0

Read the background story here for now since it is the last "recorded" status of Desal. SirDoctor may include what happens after at a later date though I'm not sure.

Sir Doctor    3

Thanks Mr. Fancy New Blue Name ;)

Seems like it as no other clan wants to step up and take a CR position, I would be sad to see it go, but I guess that's the nature of things, they come and they go.

You probably won't come across Karl ingame but Ruru and Abraham/Crane will be around. :)

Read the background story here for now since it is the last "recorded" status of Desal. SirDoctor may include what happens after at a later date though I'm not sure.

This story does include a status on Desal later on. tumblr_mb4ygiFclc1qhap1n.gif

Mush    2

I've read it yeah, rather interested actually!

Thanks Mr. Fancy New Blue Name ;)

Seems like it as no other clan wants to step up and take a CR position, I would be sad to see it go, but I guess that's the nature of things, they come and they go.

You probably won't come across Karl ingame but Ruru and Abraham/Crane will be around. :)

This story does include a status on Desal later on. tumblr_mb4ygiFclc1qhap1n.gif

Just you in general I will love to meet, you're a guy I see tons on the forums, so yeah, you're on my meet list :D

Just you in general I will love to meet, you're a guy I see tons on the forums, so yeah, you're on my meet list :D

He's a great guy, awesome RP, had the pleasure of his acquaintance except it was very late at night for me. :)

George is doing fine btw Sirdoctor. ;)

Sir Doctor    3

He's a great guy, awesome RP, had the pleasure of his acquaintance except it was very late at night for me. :)

Awh, It wasn't the best roleplay xD Also I was using a buggy microphone. I'm getting a proper headset from Santa :D #SantaIsReal

He survived the trip ok? ;)

He survived the trip ok? ;)

He is deaded.

Just kidding, I'm still stuck at desal and now I'm going to enjoy a fun walk back to Elektro with a heavy bird cage. *le sigh*

Sir Doctor    3

I accidentally refeshed the page just when I was about to finish part 2...

fuuuu-o.gif

Part 2 won't come until tomorrow now because I cbf typing it all up again and I want to play some games :P

-funnymemegif-

Part 2 won't come until tomorrow now because I cbf typing it all up again and I want to play some games :P

I know how you feel.... I once did that for Chernarus 20 Years Later, a whole 4000 letters I was going to break down in parts, then I accidentally pressed close window.

Mattbro    0

Omg,

Awesome read Doc! Can't wait for part 2.

Its spooky that SASR have been writing these, I have been to writing about the fall of Desal for my next part for the past week :S

Sir Doctor    3

//Here you go Bianco. This one is dedicated to you because of your endless bickering for it. Behold, Part 2!

In this story I do a lot of point of view switches and not being the best writer they may seem a little rough and odd.

Apologies in advance.

"KARL! Answer me dammit!" Grives yelled into the radio, breaking off into a harsh cough, he groaned looking down at the hastily applied bandage wrapped around his stomach. 'Where was that goddamned doctor when you needed him!' he thought grimly.

He tried again, "Karl! For fucks sake!"

Matt looked over at him from his position near the entrance, "Mate, just leave it. We can hold this position, we've done it before, we'll do it again."

"Yeah, but last time they didn't have a bloody grenade" Felix muttered to himself.

Grives nodded to Matt, not hearing Felixs comment. He hoisted his L85 ACOG, slowed his breath and aimed his sights on the door...

I had managed to sneak my way out of the barracks and get to the central campfire by crawling slowly and using the littering of bodies as cover. There were three big, burly and angry-looking Russian men crowded around the entrance to the CR area taking turns at smashing at the door with a variety of axes, crowbars and baseball bats.

I kept crawling as slowly as I dared, seconds passed like hours and the smell of the dead made me want to puke. But I kept going, knowing that every minute I wasn't moving it would be potentially costing the lives of my friends.

'One arm in front of another Karl.

Stop.

Check over your shoulder.

Anything?

No.

Start crawling again.'

Finally up ahead I saw the truck, it had smashed clean through the forest-side wall spraying wood splinters all around the truck.

It had come to a stop by the sandbag bunker at the back of the camp.

I hastened my slow crawl and approached the truck, always checking over my shoulder.

I was nearly there when, "shit!" I swore quietly. There was a man in the passenger seat with his head down cleaning his gun.

Thinking quickly, I crawled up to the door, got to my feet and quietly pointed the gun through the open window at his head.

"Drop it now." I whispered fiercely. The man had a quick reaction time though and quickly lifted his gun towards me, his finger on the trigger ready to shoot...

The distinct sound of a gun being fired from the back of the camp rose over the blare of the alarm and reached the Russian men's ears.

"Oh shit! What was that?" A short Russian man cried in a thick accent.

"Its nothing Vladimir, it was probably just Nikoli testing out his new gun. Get back to work on the door." Said the tall Russian holding a bloodied baseball bat.

"Of course Comrade." muttered the short man and set back to work banging and slashing at the door with his worn axe...

Felix looked up from his sights as the shot rang out over the camp and whispered to Grives. "Karl?"

"I bloody well hope so." Grives grimaced in reply, one hand holding a blood soaked bandage in place the other holding his gun...

I pulled the mans body out of the truck and quickly clambered in.

I wiped the brain splattered seat quickly and slide across to the drivers seat.

I'd only driven a truck like this once and that journey ended with one less wheel than when we started, but this was my best chance if my plan was gonna work.

The key was already in the ignition, I turned it and the engine spluttered into life.

I reeved the engine and the truck shot forwards, a quick turn and I was baring straight for the quite astounded faces of the Russian attackers. The first two weren't quite quick enough and were crushed against the door they had tried so desperately to break into and the now ruined truck.

My head reeled.

My world was spinning, I couldn't focus on anything. I rose a shaky hand and put it to the back of my head. My hand came away red.

I couldn't hear anything.

Muffled noises. A man shouting? Or a man dying?

A series of loud noises from my left, or was it my right? Footsteps or gunfire.

I don't know.

I don't know anything anymore.

I slumped over the dashboard falling into blissful unconsciousness...

//Thank you for reading! Comments and criticism welcome <3 Part three coming Soon

Guest whitepointer   
Guest whitepointer

Another good read man ;)

Sir Doctor    3

Another good read man ;)

Cheers Nathan <3

Great read!! +1

Thank you :) it means a lot.

Sir Doctor    3

No part 3?

I've been doing stuff, like having a life and such. Also Standalone. ;)

But its coming.

Mattbro    0

No part 3?

But its coming.

What is this "life" you speak of?

Sir Doctor    3

No part 3?

But its coming.

Something you don't have ;)

Mattbro    0

But its coming.

Wotm8? Wanna chop?

kyoto    4

Wotm8? Wanna chop?

Mate he got you

Sign in to follow this