Server time: 2017-08-16, 21:53

Sign in to follow this  
Symmetrical

Chainsaw

Symmetrical    1

Start from 8:30

[video=youtube]

I can already tell you guys gonna say no but i wanna hear what everybody thinks.

So how about adding a chainsaw to our servers?

Would be great to RP with, Execute, Killing zombies and even blowing up cars! (Im joking i never do that, Or do I?).

So what do you guys think? Yes or no? And why?

Slute    1

Im pretty sure Epoch owns all the rights to the Chainsaw model and everything else about it. They most likely will not let Rolle use it.

If im wrong however that would be awesome +1!

kyoto    4

I would say no for now. I think we need to fix the desync before we add anything else. It does sound cool though.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

+9000 Jesus this is soo cool !

Guest Mechanic   
Guest Mechanic

I like it alot!

+1

Ironicman    7

to overpower to zombie except if it drains fuel and you need to revuel it alot with 5L's and that it makes a ton of noice for zombie attraction

simiskovich    0

Im pretty sure Epoch owns all the rights to the Chainsaw model and everything else about it. They most likely will not let Rolle use it.

If im wrong however that would be awesome +1!

Last time I read about it, The mod was apparently Open Source, but I am not 100% sure if its only for the 'base building' or for all that Epoch has

runewr    1

It looks cool and all, but the use of an chainsaw in a actual zombie apocalypse = >0, yes, less than zero.

So sorry, a no from me.

Guest Isaak   
Guest Isaak

+1 We need more melee weapons!

Symmetrical    1

It looks cool and all, but the use of an chainsaw in a actual zombie apocalypse = >0, yes, less than zero.

So sorry, a no from me.

What?

You're saying a chainsaw in a zombie apocalypse is not going to be useful?

Slute    1

So sorry, a no from me.

What?

For killing zombies, no it would be useless. It would most likely get stuck in a zombie. Go test it on somebody and tell me what happens! :D

Symmetrical    1

So sorry, a no from me.

What?

For killing zombies, no it would be useless. It would most likely get stuck in a zombie. Go test it on somebody and tell me what happens! :D

lol ill pass, How about like swiping a zombies neck off?

runewr    1

What?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

First of all, the weight of the common chainsaw is heavy, much heavyer than any other "melee" weapon. Secondly it runs on fuel, not a big issue but still. Next issue in line is the noise it creates, killing one zombie, will attract dozens of more. Also, sawing through the skull and flesh of zombies will ruin the chains in no time. And lastly, due to the heavy weight it will be really hard to manouver, so instead of chopping zombies in two you might as well saw yourself into pieces.

So yes, it's completely useless for anything but creating a motorised bike(ect.) or chopping down trees.

Symmetrical    1

What?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

First of all, the weight of the common chainsaw is heavy, much heavyer than any other "melee" weapon. Secondly it runs on fuel, not a big issue but still. Next issue in line is the noise it creates, killing one zombie, will attract dozens of more. Also, sawing through the skull and flesh of zombies will ruin the chains in no time. And lastly, due to the heavy weight it will be really hard to manouver, so instead of chopping zombies in two you might as well saw yourself into pieces.

So yes, it's completely useless for anything but creating a motorised bike(ect.) or chopping down trees.

Well now that you explain it like this I tend to agree.

Imagine the awesome RP with it though, The clan executions and whatnot.

runewr    1

Yes I agree it could bring some "psycho"-good RP, reinacting chainsaw massacre would be fun :) But pros vs. cons - however, I'd like to see some medieval weapons, such as a flail or morningstar just for RP reasons.

Symmetrical    1

Yes I agree it could bring some "psycho"-good RP, reinacting chainsaw massacre would be fun :) But pros vs. cons - however, I'd like to see some medieval weapons, such as a flail or morningstar just for RP reasons.

That would also be great, That's why I made this thread.

I wanna hear what everybody thinks.

GingerHippo    4

Sounds fun, Is this in the epoch version allready though? +1

Yes, they are currently in the Epoch mod and I'd doubt they would have them in normal DayZRP as IMO they are no use but maybe they will add them and have them super-duper rare.

Guest MonkeyMadness   
Guest MonkeyMadness

Guys.... Chainsaws are already in the RP epoch servers I currently own 3. 2 of them are green one is pink :)

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

Guys.... Chainsaws are already in the RP epoch servers I currently own 3. 2 of them are green one is pink :)

This thread was posted way before Epoch was added to RP, please check dates before posts.