Server time: 2017-10-22, 15:47
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Bianco

The Fall of SASR and Rise of SBS

Bianco    0

December 14th, 2013

I look at Matt and Grives. They are discussing what to do with the unit. "I will not allow this unit to be destroyed by bandit scum!" Matt says in a harsh tone. Grives responds to Matt "We have taken a lot of casualties over the months from skirmishes, not to mention all the deserters." Matt sighs and looks at the soldiers who are in the room with them. "We have no choice. If we are going to survive, we need to leave Chernarus. Staying here is a lost cause that will only get us killed." We have been under constant attack by hostile clans and bandits, and skirmishes at or in Desal Plant occur on a regular basis. This week alone we have taken at least 4 or 5 casualties, and that isn't even counting the soldiers killed from the Infection. With a long pause, Matt speaks to the soldiers before him "I have discussed our options with Grives thoroughly. It seems we have no choice but to leave. We are going back to Australia like we had planned, so gear up, we leave tonight."

Several hours later

Everyone that remains is ready to leave now at last. I am riding in one of the 5 British offroad vehicles we managed to conjure up. Rumor was starting to go around that a large group of bandits was trying to eliminate us, but we had to continue to our objective without delay.

As the vehicles start up and exit Desal, I look out the window at the settlement until it disappears in the distance. It is quite late, but there is still enough light to see. 20 minutes after leaving Desal, we come to a halt. I hop out of the British offroad I'm in and see Grives and Matt do the same. I go over to investigate the disturbance, and find a roadblock in our path. Confused as to why there would be a roadblock, I tell Matt "This does not feel right. When we left Desal the civvies said something about a group of bandits that is after us. Maybe we should-" I am interrupted by a large explosion not far from where I am standing. The lead Offroad goes up in flames and I am knocked down from the blast. Bursts of gunfire quickly follow the explosion from the left side in the trees.

Before I get back up to look for my weapon Matt and Grives are already giving orders and yelling to combat the loud gunfire. "Everyone take up positions now! Karl tend to the wounded!" When I find my weapon I quickly retreat behind one of the Offroads and return fire. I could only tell from the muzzle flashes that the fire was coming from the treeline. One of the men next to me is hit in the neck by a bullet, and blood splatters all over the side of my face. I move over to him and try to put pressure on the wound. I yell as loud as I can, "Man down, man down! I need a medic!" Deep down I know there is little that can be done for the man, but I keep telling him that he will be ok although he can't respond. There is a petrifying look of sadness in his eyes, almost as if he wants to say "Why me, why now?" I feel for his pulse again with bullets hitting the ground and vehicle around us, and I realize that he is dead.

I run over to Grives' position and find him shooting his rifle and still trying to take control of the situation. "Grives, we have one more KIA, he was shot in the neck." I'm not sure if he heard me, but he did pause a moment before continuing to fire. Three more explosions shook the ground near us. I could hear the screams of my fellow comrades as they lay wounded, writhing in pain. Karl is injured in one of the explosions from shrapnel after trying to pull one of our guys to safety, and I see Karl stumble off into the forest limping and holding his arm, while bleeding heavily. Suddenly I hear a voice yell close to me "Look out!" I turn to see what had happened, and see a bandit with a machete behind us charging at Nathan. He did not turn around fast enough before the bandit got to him, and was then stabbed through the stomach. Nathan pulls out his sidearm before he dies and shoots the bandit 3 times, and both of their bodies collapse to the ground.

There isn't much left of our forces, and I'm sure the bandits know it. We must have killed thirty of them by now, while taking at least 8 losses of our own. For a moment, there is a lull in the fighting. A deep voice called from the general direction of the attackers, saying "Attention SASR soldiers! We know you will not be able to survive much more fighting, and we have decided to offer you a deal; give us Jason Grivetti and Matt Parkins, and we will let the rest of you live. You have 3 minutes to decide." I didn't know what to do. Grives was just sitting against the tire of the offroad and seemed to be contemplating the bandit's offer. I was confused, "You can't honestly be considering that Grives are you? They will kill you both!" Grives snaps back at me; "If we don't then they will kill you and the others. We don't have a choice. No arguing, we knew what we signed on for." Without another thought, Matt and Grives both get up and drop their weapons. They walk out into the open, and the bandits appear from the dark.

I can hear the bandits talking about something with Matt and Grives, and I see them look at each other. They both are stood against a tree and 5 of the bandits line up in front of them with assault rifles. It was a firing squad. They allow Matt to have his last words, and he tells us "It has been an honor serving with all of you." The bandit leader then gave the order to fire, and they were both killed instantly.

The next morning

Some of the men and I are by the plane and everyone who survived the previous night are all saying their goodbyes to each other. Some have decided to stay and disperse among the other clans. With a final salute I tell them that we may meet again someday, in life or death. I watch the last of them board the plane with the others and watch it take off.

They finally are going home. As for me though, I will stay in this god forsaken land, and continue to help the survivors in Chernarus. I always did like the sea, and I hope to continue the legacy of the SASR somehow. I like the idea of a "Special Boat Service"....

Thank you for taking the time to read everyone. There is a part two that I wrote to this story that you can read here. Part two involves James going back to Desal in search for Karl, and explains how SBS is formed.

Bianco    0

SBS??

Ya, the Special Boat Service. I got special stuff planned. As for people wondering about Desal, as far as I know, there is no one to CR at the moment because Volki resigned.

kyoto    4

Good read man. Sad to hear it, but I saw that the SASR would be leaving soon. Good luck to all of you.

Good story! Y U NO MENTION VOLKI! ?

Sad to see you leave, you were a good clan and a good bunch of guys. I'll miss you guys.

Plot twist we were the bandits :P

Bianco    0

Good read man. Sad to hear it, but I saw that the SASR would be leaving soon. Good luck to all of you.

Sad to see you leave, you were a good clan and a good bunch of guys. I'll miss you guys.

But.. muh allies? Sorry for not including you guys in the final battle, but I wasn't sure how to fit Volki in and make sense.

But.. muh allies? Sorry for not including you guys in the final battle, but I wasn't sure how to fit Volki in and make sense.

Evac via chopper after the battle? :P No problem man, so what are you going to do now? Start this "SBS"?

Bianco    0

Evac via chopper after the battle? :P No problem man, so what are you going to do now? Start this "SBS"?

Once I have the backstory and everything written, that is my plan. The rest of the members are either going to existing clans, or joining Grives new clan.

Mush    2

Good story, SBS sounds good, especially with a character I am going to be doing!

gr1ves    3

R.I.P SASR

o7. Was good fun playing in SASR. Thanks to everyone who made it memorable!

You never know, we could be back one day ;)

Stagsview    625

Nice little Story. More men to our hunting list :D

Bianco    0

Just so everyone knows, the background of SBS is a continuation of this story if you want to read it here. Since some people requested it, it includes me going back to Desal.

Sir Doctor    3

I'm still alive bitches! #plottwist

Sign in to follow this