Server time: 2017-10-20, 16:20
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flynn

Spray cans

Guest Flynn   
Guest Flynn

Hi :)

I have a wild idea about adding spray cans - you would be able to use them to paint vehicles, the bigger the car - the more spray paint - so if you had a crappy blue car, you could make it black and with some repairs - good as new.

I know I'm not white listed yet, but I can suggest still though :)

Alan Woods    4

Nice idea mate,but is there something on armaholic that does this or is similar?

It would help the dev team a lot !

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

If you could just spray anything then im guessing there would be a lot of trolling going around with them.

Guest Flynn   
Guest Flynn

If you could just spray anything then im guessing there would be a lot of trolling going around with them.

I only spoke about cars. Sorry if I confused you.

Nice idea mate,but is there something on armaholic that does this or is similar?

It would help the dev team a lot !

I checked armaholic - no luck.

Sly    1

Well re painting cars sounds cool, clans being able to put their logo in special places to mark a certain area as their territory would be really cool.

Trimbly    0

I'm pretty sure this is impossible, nice idea though but I'm about 100% sure it cannot be done in Arma.

Andy123    0

Would be quite hard to spray on the cars and pretty buggy on Arma. I guess you could try it on a test server first.

Also, finding something on Armaholic or something else would help. I've looked and can't see anything other than devs trying to make spray cans from scratch.

Symmetrical    1

Could be pretty cool, I would hate to see pink cars driving around though..

And is it even possible?

Alan Woods    4

Could be pretty cool, I would hate to see pink cars driving around though..

And is it even possible?

You would say NO to this ? :

maxresdefault.jpg

Owen    14

I'm pretty sure this is impossible, nice idea though but I'm about 100% sure it cannot be done in Arma.

I think you may be correct.

Snow    1

Like everyone else is saying, it would be totally awesome but equally impossible to do in Arma.

Mendel    0

-Imagines how many clan logos on Altar and Desal there would be- Yea, no thanks! Obviously it's a good idea, but there would be A. too much trolling and B. I don't think all the work would equal the amount of immersion it adds. (Considering if it even is possible.)

Mush    2

Would be cool to add, we could use our clan logos to spray, and put them all over, or even things like big 'X's to mark spots, or dangerous areas, pretty cool!

Slute    1

If it was used JUST to change the color of cars, that would be interesting and cool. However if its for clan logos anywhere, I can already see someone's clan logo being a dick and putting it everywhere.

No thank you

Unless its for camouflage I don't see any reason to change a cars colour. Plus it would be very complicated in the event it is even possible.

One of the more original suggestions I've seen though :)

Stefman123    0

origins is doing it with vehicals next patch a spray can to turn it a solid colour then spray can+ stencil to make a pattern on the vehicle

http://www.gamersplatoon.com/forums/showthread.php?15632-Origins-1-7-8-Customization-Info-and-Tutorial

Screenshot4.jpg

Screenshot5.jpg

Screenshot6.jpg

there's also the ability to spray gillie suits coming in next patch

Screenshot3.jpg

so its possible but those guys have a good sized dev team from what i understand and a lot of exspiriance building new systems and mechanics from scratch already such as vehicle upgrading(making visible changes to vehicles) etc.

When there 2.0 comes out apparently there going to release all the server sorce to the public so i expect we will see a lot of features ripped on to armaholic as standalone addons so maybe then?

Stefman123    0

I would love to see a dayz rp origins server personally but i don't see it happening :-( mostly because you have to rent a server and i believe rolly likes hosting em himself but hell id pay for a months rental if dayzrp ever got an origins server there about £49 a month for 60 slots with acsess to all the logs etc and the "invisabul gm cam" thing so gms can monitor players live in game without them being aware of it.

I suggested this once on the official DayZ forums. My idea was that you could find spray cans in industrial or civialn loot, and you would right-click it in your inventory. From there you would have a tooltip like when you combine magazines, but with multiple options. Sprayables would be arrows, X, a skull to notiify danger, pre-made stencils only.

Apfelsator    2

The Origin Devs are assholes so no, please no DayZRP-Origins server.

These guys make the origins-mod to earn some money...thats my impression so far.

Dora    0

In Takistan life, (Regular Arma OA) there is a script where you can paint your vehicle. So it is possible. I don't know if it would be possible to implement into DayZ. You would have to a 3D item of a Spray paint can, go inside the Driver seat, and then right click the spray can and click use. (Or be in the outside c: )

Stefman123    0

These guys make the origins-mod to earn some money...thats my impression so far.

But with that money they've made one of the most feature rich unique versions of dayz there is.I know a lot of cash they've made from server rentals has been used to hier freelances as well.

I personally have got no problem with someone making some cash from something i love and at no point are you forced to pay for anything or it effects your exspiriance if anything it probably improves your exspiriance not all server hosts are reliable like rolle so by em locking it down to one server host you should get the same quality of server across the board.

Same with dayzrp they probably make a little bit of money and again ive got no problem with it it helps encourage these guys to keep the server and project going. but im derailing now so ill stop just wanted to get my thoughts down.

Apfelsator    2

But with that money they've made one of the most feature rich unique versions of dayz there is.I know a lot of cash they've made from server rentals has been used to hier freelances as well.

I personally have got no problem with someone making some cash from something i love and at no point are you forced to pay for anything or it effects your exspiriance if anything it probably improves your exspiriance not all server hosts are reliable like rolle so by em locking it down to one server host you should get the same quality of server across the board.

Same with dayzrp they probably make a little bit of money and again ive got no problem with it it helps encourage these guys to keep the server and project going. but im derailing now so ill stop just wanted to get my thoughts down.

Well, maybe i have a different view of it as i was part of the community where taviana was first ported to dayz and where magically a few devs where paid to join gamersplatoon, after the other devs and the community refused to be under the reign of gamersplatoon as they wanted to keep dayz taviana free for all and not under the hands of a creedy company.