Server time: 2017-10-17, 11:38
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shadow

CRs almost never are..

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Hey all first id like to say i am completely new to dayzrp so my experience has only started within the last few days. However as being new to it all i have a question. Where the hell are the crs?? :S

I have been to altar and desel several times most recently about 20minutes ago, at altar there were some crs present (i presume) but they were not guarding the entrance, as to my understanding i thought they were suppose to constantly check id of individuals entering?

Altar however isnt really the focus of my question, desel has been almost completely empty the past few days (despite the server having 40 or so people). In fact two very nice gentleman i travelled there with seemed to actually take up positions of lookout because noone else was doing it. (They were NOT crs).

Just before i wrote this post i was kidnapped at desel and tortured for atleast an hour however i tried to escape and was killed, (big shout out to whoever did it, was really fun! nice rping :) ) I do not mind being captured but shouldnt crs be at the camp to ensure such things do not happen??

Again this is not a winge and bitch about being captured and tortured i simply dont understand why crs seem to be so scarce, even when the servers are almost completely full of people.? :/

I have been on the server at various different times of day so the excuse (wrong timezone) should not be valid.

Mattbro    0

I don't see how wrong time zone is invalid, we are Aussie/NZ and do t get on until night

Robert    0

Well first of all timezones... And Recently settlements/camps were removed to fix some things so that might be why.

Hatch    0

We're humans, we do different things as DayZRP isn't our life.

Also this has been brought up many times before. Use this.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

i said i have been on at various different times of the day.. specifically when europeans are on so i could find a cr. and ofcourse they have other stuff to do but i thought cr recruitment was strict and settlements were designed so people would watch over it for the maximum amount of time, rather then "whenever they feel like it".

Sir Doctor    3

Also SASR is slowly losing members and a lot of the clan are playing on Alt characters now, myself included. The love of Desal Plant has faded for a lot of us and a lot of members are moving on to better things 3

EDIT: SASR is an Australian clan, not European

Hatch    0

i said i have been on at various different times of the day.. specifically when europeans are on so i could find a cr. and ofcourse they have other stuff to do but i thought cr recruitment was strict and settlements were designed so people would watch over it for the maximum amount of time, rather then "whenever they feel like it".

I accept you are a new member here and haven't been on alot. You should see Altar when there is 20+ people inside of it, it's chaos.

We like to take breaks and play other things. Whenever we are on Altar is either attacked for some reason or people just troll at Altar, it makes us not want to play.

Sir Doctor    3

Exactly what HatchBackBandit said, it's just not fun for us anymore.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I accept you are a new member here and haven't been on alot. You should see Altar when there is 20+ people inside of it, it's chaos.

We like to take breaks and play other things. Whenever we are on Altar is either attacked for some reason or people just troll at Altar, it makes us not want to play.

as i stated above i have seen people at altar and am pretty sure there was atleast 1 cr (about 20-30 people were there) it was nice to interact and stuff but noone seemed to be guarding the entrance or anything which is my main question about altar, i was expecting to have to show ID. But i completely understand what your saying, it is pretty chaotic when everyone is talking and the settlement is under attack.

My question is mainly directed at desel.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Hey man, try going to Prud lake and The Outpost, it's not a cluster of players but one or two usually very good roleplayers there.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

Hey man, try going to Prud lake and The Outpost, it's not a cluster of players but one or two usually very good roleplayers there.

Ive heard nothing about those.. Unfortunately the best rp i seem to get is usually hang around elektro and cherno listening for gunshots and then either helping someone escape zombies or a hold up. Ive even tried talking to people at altar and they usually completely ignore me, I assume they cant tell me apart from other people or maybe arent very good at rp with strangers? :/

(^^ ha says the guy who is completely new to rping, but you get what i mean)

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Outpost Prud lake is just west of altar about 1K, it has no CRs and has an survivalist feel to it, like someone holed up there for some time.

Guest Praetorian   
Guest Praetorian

I'm sorry, but "Timezones" is not the best reason.

1. Manpower

A settlement cannot be controlled by a single clan. Even if you are 20 people, you won't be able to man it enough to be considered controlled by you. It may also be seen as a bias and OP feature for that specific clan. You need to team up with at least one more clan to create a coalition or an alliance to control the settlement, ideally with members from two different timezones (EU + US clans), so you have an overwatch over your settlement most of the time.

The lack of CR present has been quite disappointing. I've literally seen only one SASR member at Desal, ever.

I've only seen a few CR's at Altar.

Don't get me wrong, this is not an attack on anyone - or their activity. Merely a confirmation that the original poster has stated a very valid observation.

Corks    3

1. Manpower

A settlement cannot be controlled by a single clan. Even if you are 20 people, you won't be able to man it enough to be considered controlled by you. It may also be seen as a bias and OP feature for that specific clan. You need to team up with at least one more clan to create a coalition or an alliance to control the settlement, ideally with members from two different timezones (EU + US clans), so you have an overwatch over your settlement most of the time.

The lack of CR present has been quite disappointing. I've literally seen only one SASR member at Desal, ever.

Don't get me wrong, this is not an attack on anyone - or their activity. Merely a confirmation that the original poster has stated a very valid observation.

What you may not realise sitting at the camp for a while constantly getting ID checking, Rping and giving out aid to survivors does get very boring after you have done it for a while. So lately we have not been to desal for a change up.

Tomeran    3

Cant really blame CR's for getting tired of the settlements. Maintaining security in these places is a -horrible- job, and that's not exactly what people are here for.

Perhaps its an idea for the ruling settlement clans to take CR duties in shifts. Might take the weight off a little.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

1. Manpower

Thank you for understanding, and it is that reason above! The idea that clans need to ally in order to control a settlement is what specifically has me puzzled. I assumed that all clans would provide some sort of security and atleast attempt to hold up to their responsibilities of being a CR.

Ofcourse people cannot be online 24/7 but i have spent many hours travelling between altar and desal looking for a CR and still nothing, perhaps some kind of punishment should happen to a CR clan if too many robberies/kidnappings happen at their settlement?

Otherwise I do not see the point in there being a concept of a CR if responsibilities are not upheld..

Corks    3

It does not help when desal gets raided constantly, and sometimes I personally think it's not worth being there.

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

1. Manpower

What you may not realise sitting at the camp for a while constantly getting ID checking, Rping and giving out aid to survivors does get very boring after you have done it for a while. So lately we have not been to desal for a change up.

Ofcourse it would be pretty crappy standing in the same areas for hours on end but other strategies are available such as sharing shifts.

Otherwise I dont see the point in being a CR if they dont actually BE a CR. It is a responsibility being a CR which i think is unfair to other players if CRs dont do what they have said they would. Sure I got robbed and that was fun as im completely new, but what if this happens to other people who are completely new and simply rage quit because they thought settlements are "safe" areas? It could lead to a decline in server pop and overall morale. (which based on other comments morale is fairly low already because of settlement disorganisation).

I dont mean to target you specifically friend but surely you can understand ?

Oldman    22

Get rid of the idea that a clan can control a settlement with a different set of rules. Use outposts like TOR and FM. Make sure there are at least three outposts per server. Don't control them, just leave them.

People roaming the map is more fun. Its less dull and more surprising.

Guest TCkril   
Guest TCkril

Settlements come and go. There will be new CRs and the another settlement will fall. You just have to be there for the majority of the time. I guess.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

With Desals two CR clans moving on and getting bored, maybe we need new CR's?

No offence to SASR or Volki

Sir Doctor    3

The first month or so, SASR and myself had a lot of fun running the camp. We would have tense but interesting negotiations with other clans. Relaxing roleplay by the fire, fun time with Willy. It was generally just a relaxing environment.

But the good RP started to dwindled and seriously once you do the same thing over and over and over. It just gets bloody tedious and boring. The majority of the people turning up at Desal now are small bandit groups or borderline trollers. The occasional good roleplayer shows up but is usually scared off before we get to interact with them.

Quite honestly I haven't loaded in as Karl for over 3-4 weeks.

As I said before, it's just not fun anymore and we're ready to move on to better things.

Corks    3

1. Manpower

Ofcourse it would be pretty crappy standing in the same areas for hours on end but other strategies are available such as sharing shifts.

Otherwise I dont see the point in being a CR if they dont actually BE a CR. It is a responsibility being a CR which i think is unfair to other players if CRs dont do what they have said they would. Sure I got robbed and that was fun as im completely new, but what if this happens to other people who are completely new and simply rage quit because they thought settlements are "safe" areas? It could lead to a decline in server pop and overall morale. (which based on other comments morale is fairly low already because of settlement disorganisation).

I dont mean to target you specifically friend but surely you can understand ?

You enter a camp at your own risk there is not always guaranteed protection, that's the way it was with other camps.

Sir Doctor    3

I can't speak for Volki but SASR are considering our options for other CRs. We don't want to see Desal die so we're considering our options for who to "hand the keys" over too.

Corks    3

I can't speak for Volki but SASR are considering our options for other CRs. We don't want to see Desal die so we're considering our options for who to "hand the keys" over too.

We will update you shortly on Volki and the desal plant.