Server time: 2017-10-20, 03:22
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Blakey

Talking in side chat?

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

This is against the rules, he will be punished for this.

Alan Woods    4

Well it's forbidden, but I can understand him since he might've experienced a bug that gives him access to all chats.

Burgz    6

sometimes it bugs out, shit happens I guess

don't understand what you want to know :D

Now, I don't think he will, he was testing to see if the bug was real or no, I hardly doubt they're gonna punish him for it

Guest Astycc   
Guest Astycc

sometimes it bugs out, shit happens I guess

don't understand what you want to know :D

Now, I don't think he will, he was testing to see if the bug was real or no, I hardly doubt they're gonna punish him for it

He should know that it is forbidden, he won't necessarily get a ban, maybe a verbal warning.

Soren    0

Sometimes the game bugs out and let people talk in side/global chat. He did speak a bit trying to be funny like: "Am I hacking lol?"

I send him a warning on the panel when he did it and he stopped. Best thing you can do if people use side/global channel is to poke a GM/Admin and we will tell them to stop.

LumberJack    18

I wish global was available in order to act as an open radio system, it would be nice if a range could be set on it (maybe 750-1000 m) to work as a short range radio.. Where people can rp like radio shows, update people on what was happening in a certain location, or just chat with everyone in an rp sense (like a cb radio). But sadly I know this couldn't happen because it would be abused by people, and the rp would be god awful.

Daniel    2

As you said

It

Would be abused but also you can't turn it on and off :/

Alan Woods    4

As you said

It

Would be abused but also you can't turn it on and off :/

A simple restart of the game will turn it off. It's not a big problem,but when I cycle through chats,I don't wanna wake up talking in sidechat.

And I have never seen people abuse that,but I've seen much more terryfing things(when Raven's Nest was open for example some remember the lobby).

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

any friendlies in cherno?

Slute    1

Just imagine what RP would be like with side or global chat. Oh lordee

Nickerd    0

But the,lobby was fun in times of the Ravens Nest! :P It was like a warm up for the nest! :P

Hofer    20

But the,lobby was fun in times of the Ravens Nest! :P It was like a warm up for the nest! :P

This is also against the rules.

Nickerd    0

This is also against the rules.

Actually I think it wasn't against the rules back then, I think it was added to the rules because of it. I could be wrong, but I think it was something like that.

Hofer    20

This rule was added back in August, when Haven still existed. :)

Nickerd    0

This rule was added back in August, when Haven still existed. :)

So yeah it was 'legal' back then I guess :P. If were talking about the same Ravens Nest off course (The one in Berezino)

Houlton    3

I wish global was available in order to act as an open radio system, it would be nice if a range could be set on it (maybe 750-1000 m) to work as a short range radio.. Where people can rp like radio shows, update people on what was happening in a certain location, or just chat with everyone in an rp sense (like a cb radio). But sadly I know this couldn't happen because it would be abused by people, and the rp would be god awful.

Would be cool if a settlement has a computer/sat-phone + a radio antenna of some kind, that they could use side (text only) to send messages or warnings e.g. If altar was being attacked the CRs or anyone who could get to the equipment could send a warning message or a plea for help, however Arma probably wouldnt like that