Server time: 2017-08-24, 05:11

Sign in to follow this  
Krimbo

Are these temperatures ok?

Krimbo    0

Ok so I've got a 3570k and a nice motherboard, just finally got round to overclocking it 10 months later.

Any who, I have an Antec Kuhler H2O 620 which is pretty good but it doesn't get a perfect connection to my chip anymore since I've had it off several times when upgrading etc.

Therefore, it's not cooling my chip to it's full potential but I'm just wondering if these temps are still acceptable of if I should down clock.

4.4ghz @ 1.230v

4.6ghz @ 1.250v

Side by side temperature comparisons at 100% load:

5Llld.png

As you can see there's a difference of 5 degrees between 4.4 and 4.6, I'm not sure if it's worth it. I've heard a few people say to stay below 70 but I've also heard people running hotter than that with no problems.

I'm at 4.6 and idle temps are about 36-38 at the minute.

What do you techy-guys think? Is it fine at those temps at 4.6 or should I ramp it down to 4.4?

Toorrik    4

I'm not that Techy, but for the sakes of 200mHz, Id stick to 4.4 and keep that temp a little bit lower.

Remember its winter, if you have the heating on, that's make these temperatures a lot different.

Lundborg    0

72 degrees is a tad high but is acceptable. However, it may increase over time due to dust and other particles getting stuck in your heat sink.

I would personally try to either lower the voltages (if possible) or just stick with 4.4Ghz since I'm a bit paranoid.