Server time: 2017-10-18, 14:42
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Texas532

Norman's Legacy

Texas532    0

Feedback is appreciated :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To understand the present one must understand the past.

Preface.

20 years ago, wilderness.

Day 1

So Altar was a bust. Too many people wanting what we have, Too few defends and too many dead.

So I left.

I think I need some time to think away from my brothers in arms. Away from the sounds of battle. So I'm here all alone in the forest with adequate supplies for a few days. I came out here to think and brought this journal along to write down my thoughts. The war with SKA UKSF and various others, as well as the civilian revolution which I still don't know what the hell that is about. Those are the things I will be reflecting on out here. So I will write to the greatest of my ability of how why and when they became a problem for us.

So I will start off with SKA, of course this was quite a long time ago and I have a terrible memory but I will do my best. In the beginning we had a few minor differences, but we eventually welcomed them into Altar with open arms. I believe that peace was short lived and that we had a falling out. We then engaged them in minor skirmishes and full scale battles at Altar castle. After some diplomatic negotiations we resolved our issues. This is when the splinter group UKSF was formed.(more on that tomorrow!) We then had a larger falling out over new terms that they introduced into the peace agreement. So we began to fight a war on all sides. UKSF the rebellion SKA SVR and other enemies kept pushing us and pushing us attempting to extinguish us. Well we did our job we made them pay for every last fucking inch, heavy casualties were suffered on both sides. During the conflict it had appeared that SVR and SKA were at each others throats. Combined with their efforts to destroy us and each other both groups imploded with the survivors disbanding and going their own ways.

Texas532    0

Just a disclaimer this is in no means the complete story and these views do not represent the 501st's. Banned players are given an RP "death" to explain their sudden disappearance.

Texas532    0

Day two

So things have been peaceful around here. Occasionally I can hear distant gunfire but it doesn't bother me that much. While I was out on a walk I stumbled across one of the dead ones. Unfortunately it came after me and I had no time to get out my hatchet so I was forced to shoot it. Sadly I do not possess a silenced firearm so I couldn't have shot it silently.

So as I had said yesterday I will go over the history between us and the splinter faction UKSF. UKSF was formed in the period between the first and second SKA contracts. After the first they split off with the majority of our British members to form a group focused more on the destruction of SKA than we were. After the negotiations occurred for the second contract and the peace agreement we had a heated argument in the tower which almost ended in bloodshed due in part to the outright disrespect for ranking officers and the 501st in general. Thankfully both sides did not wish to fight in the tower but war was declared shortly afterwards. After fighting them for a few months we successfully assassinated their leader and left the clan in disarray. Thankfully we have not see or heard of them for a few weeks now. I pray that if we cannot get along at the very least we can just avoid each other. I will write about SVR and the revolution tomorrow as I am less knowledgable about their history with us.

Texas532    0

Day 3

Last night was cold. I didn't want to risk lighting a fire after that gunshot. Today I was out exploring and found a nice pond. I even think I saw a fish or two. Maybe if I can make or find a fishing pole I could start fishing.

I decided to designate this area as my safe zone. A place that I can come to for some basic sustenance.

So SVR. From what I had heard is that they were an imposter group posing as SVR as I had heard this from SKA I am doubtful of its credibility. Anyways initial conflicts between us and SVR began as they always had with Altar. During our alliance with SKA they had captured and executed a member of SVR. SVR then declared war on SKA and due to SKA using our castle as a base of operations they also declared war on us. I know little of what happened next besides some minor skirmishes on the outskirts of Altar.

Now the revolution. Possibly the least understood enemy that we have encountered. From what I gather they got fed up with our rules and attempted a takeover. I am currently unaware of the results of this conflict. Perhaps I will pay a visit to Altar soon.

Texas532    0

Day 6

Altar is gone.

When I had arrived at Altar I only saw rubble. Then I saw him. He was lying on the ground missing both of his legs. I only realized he was alive when he spoke. He asked for water so I hastily got one of my canteens for him. After downing the whole thing he told me of how there was a pitched battle and how the during the attack a massive horde of the dead came through ripping apart the attackers and laying siege to the castle. My men along with the rest of the 501st held out for three days until the defences were overrun. In a last ditch effort the commander had detonated the emergence charges for if we had lost the castle. We code named it "denial of service". I did my best to make the man as comfortable as I could but his injuries were too severe and he died within the hour. I destroyed the dead that had survived the blast buried the defenders and I buried the man. I have no idea what to do now with Altar gone and all my men dead I am left alone.

Voodoo    487

Day 6

Altar is gone.

When I had arrived at Altar I only saw rubble. Then I saw him. He was lying on the ground missing both of his legs. I only realized he was alive when he spoke. He asked for water so I hastily got one of my canteens for him. After downing the whole thing he told me of how there was a pitched battle and how the during the attack a massive horde of the dead came through ripping apart the attackers and laying siege to the castle. My men along with the rest of the 501st held out for three days until the defences were overrun. In a last ditch effort the commander had detonated the emergence charges for if we had lost the castle. We code named it "denial of service". I did my best to make the man as comfortable as I could but his injuries were too severe and he died within the hour. I destroyed the dead that had survived the blast buried the defenders and I buried the man. I have no idea what to do now with Altar gone and all my men dead I am left alone.

Nice Story but the commander never got to detonate the charges as he was killed by Ghost in the process (I know i discussed it with ghost when disbanding 501st :P) Im guessing this is where me and BTR come in

Texas532    0

Day 6

Altar is gone.

Nice Story but the commander never got to detonate the charges as he was killed by Ghost in the process (I know i discussed it with ghost when disbanding 501st :P) Im guessing this is where me and BTR come in

So what happened to Altar. I would love to work in the real events.

Voodoo    487

Day 6

Altar is gone.

So what happened to Altar. I would love to work in the real events.

//I believe ghost triggered the explosions after killing the commander. He killed the commander because he believed he was insane and had lost it but of course did anyone see it or did they just take it as he was killed in the cross fire? i guess thats what ex-501st that are alive can all talk about especially if they find ghost who is in the watchers

Texas532    0

Day 8

I haven't met anyone in the last couple of days. I think people are steering clear of Altar. Considering that it is a smouldering ruin that wouldn't surprise me. I am low on medical supplies so I am going to that large city called [Redacted] on a run, wish me luck!

Day 9

I had found some medical supplies hidden away in the hospital. Whomever hid them must've not come back.

I don't want to live anymore.

I know it sounds out of the blue but I don't want to. There's too much death around. It's almost as if they're calling out to me, begging me to join them. Tomorrow I will answer their call. As for tonight, I will think.

Day 11

So, as anyone could tell I'm not dead, yet. Yesterday I did go to kill myself. After thinking long and hard about it I decided that I would swim out to ocean and drown myself. So I went down to the shore and swam out. I was too tired to swim and the ocean was so cold that I was about to lose consiousness when I heard an engine. The next thing I knew I was being hauled aboard a small fishing boat. I looked up and saw a bunch of armed men aboard they were arguing about keeping me or tossing me back in. I closed my eyes, not caring what they did with me when all of a sudden one of them is staring me in the face. His cold eyes searching my face as though he could recognise me from somewhere but couldn't place it. His eyes widened with shock and then he took off his mask. Instantly I recognised him, it was [Redacted] from the 501st. He then told me to wait here and then he went to one of the men (the one that appeared to be in charge of course!), and told him who I was and that they should keep me alive. The leader nods to him and then heads straight to me. He then said that he would let me live but I had to earn my keep, just like all of the other men. Except that until I did I would be in his service. I was then taken below decks (even though it was a small boat it did have a below deck area) to be examined by their resident doctor. Then [Redacted] explained to me that this was a group of pirates and what had happened to their vessel, apparently some drunken idiot crashed it into some rocks. I was then told about their plan to leave this God-forsaken hell hole. While they were patroling the coast looking for any salvagable wrecks they had heard what had sounded like a huge battle with cannon fire that sounded like it was coming from a naval battleship. Upon closer inspection they discovered the U.S.S Dauntless and the battle against the horde that it was overseeing. They had observed the outcome of the battle and decided that the time to strike would have to be the next time they encountered the Dauntless. With the Dauntless weakened after supporting such a pitched battle surely the next horde would stretch it's supplies to the breaking point. Unfortunately they do not quite have the manpower to fight the battleships crew, so they have begun recruiting from the local population.

Getting on the Dauntless with them may well be my ticket back home. I must get off of this rock and back to Canada so that I can fight the dead alongside my people.

Texas532    0

Day 14

Today was... eventful.

I was with Dolf, one of the pirates, we both had our own cars I had my "new" Offroad and Dolf had his UAZ. We were heading up north down the coast because Dolf had said that there might be some helicopters or at least some wrecks that we could salvage up there. Unfortunately I really haven't driven in a long time and went into this dry riverbed too fast and flipped it over. Luckily there wasn't much damage to the vehicle so Dolf and I had rigged up some cables to drag it out and were just looking it over when this group of black men started screaming at us. Dolf immediately drove off as per instructions by the Admiral and a general consensus. Considering that I was outnumbered and outgunned I dropped my NVG's and Rangefinders in the creekbed and hid my GPS and the watch that my sister gave to me before my deployment.

I then surrendered and allowed them to take my weapons and vehicle. After they had put my weapons out of reach they put me in the Offroad and began to interrogate me. They were awfully concerned that I had explosives or friends looking for me. I told them that I didn't have any explosives which they still searched me for. I convinced them that Dolf was some man that I had met in Stary and that we were looking for helicopters or their crashes. They then blindfolded me and took me to this prison camp. The first room they put me in was a box with a locked door and two windows. They ran me through some tests to determine my worth. I was then thrown back into the room with some food drink and a heatpack. (It's getting late and I have the morning coast patrol tomorrow so I better rest up, I will finish this tomorrow)

Texas532    0

So, I'm on guard duty today. Which means sit around watching the birds for half the day, oh well I could use the break.

So after waiting in my cell for a while they enter and say that they have an offer. Then three of them and I run through the forest for ages to the meeting place. Then they spilt up and left me with one of them. We sat in an open field for quite some time then my friends came in their SUV and Dolf's UAZ. They then negotiate my price and then, well I guess the only thing a can call them is terrorists really, the terrorists were true to their word and released me.

Well the sun has set and I don't think that the rest are going to be back until tomorrow. This wouldn't have been a problem if they hadn't left me with only enough ammo for today. So I went out on a supply run in my truck for some ammo when I ran into a friendly survivor. He offered some gold for a ride down to the coast. I had already got my bullets so I accepted the offer. On the way we got talking and then he mentioned Altar. Man the memories that brought up. We got talking and I explained to him what had happened there. Eventually we got to the destination and we parted ways.

Texas532    0

Day 17

So today we robbed some people.

It didn't sit right with me. We have more than enough but yet we still took what little those poor folks had. I mean sure we didn't give out much in the 501st, but we gave what we didn't need, and we most certainly didn't take what we didn't need. I mean sure it nice to have a fellow 501st here but I certainly don't think that [Name Redacted] is the same after Altar. Well I don't think I'm the same after Altar, but this is detestable.

Unfortunately BoS took over our base while we were out. In an attempt to take it back we lost 3 men and two vehicles, one of which was my truck, actually to be honest I don't know what happened to my truck I ditched it when I retreated. I suppose I should go check it out considering that it has been a couple of hours.

So my truck was just as I had left it tipped over in the riverbed. I managed to push it over(it's pretty shitty and not that heavy) and drove to the airfield. I found a couple of guns there and put them in the back to sell to the traders but for now I think I'm just going to park in the trees and go to sleep for the night.

Texas532    0

Day 19

The past two days I've done things that I'm not proud of.

I mean that's not to say that it's the first time but I hit a new low. I had built up a reputation amoungst the traders and was able to trade with the richest one for an armed Mi-17. Of course the first thing the rest wanted to do was pillage, we had broken into a few buildings, and I think that a couple of people were killed defending their homes, when we had intercepted a transmission about a free medics base at Pobeda. They seemed to really want to check it out and eventually persuaded me to fly them there. When they saw all the buildings they demanded me to land and help them rob the place. It didn't feel right but I landed the heli and helped them break in. We had stolen quite a bit of stuff when some person showed up. He asked if he could help us and in our Admirals drunkeness the question was mistaken for him asking if he could help pillage. He turned out to own the house we were in and his friend was there with him. Hastily I spun up the chopper in case there were more while the rest robbed them. I watched as they took them into an SUV then they drove to the coast threw them in a boat and left them on Skalisty. That was yesterday.

That's not the worst part. Again today we were sorting out our supplies and we realised that we needed food and drink badly, our supplies were so low that some of us were already ravenously hungery and I was very thirsty so we piled into the helicopter and desperately sought out sustenance. In desperation we checked the camp again and had to destroy the repairs that they had made to their houses. We eventually found enough to last us a while and due to speed being of the essence as we had caught site of quite a few people on our way in we didn't do as much damage as the last time.

Later on as we were buying some more supplies at Klen we ran into some man who appeared to have shot himself on the staircase or something. We then assumed the Quad that was parked outside was his and we began helping ourselves to its tires, when another man showed up. He said that we were dismantling his Quad we told him about the dead man and since the others were in a good mood we fixed it and let him go. A short time after that two men from Aegis rolled up in a truck and we decided to rob them, they then shot one of our members. After a short firefight we had killed one as he tried to shoot me and then we shot the other as he cowardly tried to escape.

I feel bad about the free medics, and if one of you is reading this I am truly sorry about what had happened, but the two Aegis guys had it coming after what they had done to some of our men.

Tonight I will be guarding the chopper I hope it isn't too cold.

Texas532    0

Day 23

Dammit [Redacted]!

I suppose it has been a couple of days since my last entry so whomever is reading this might be a little out of the loop so I'll start at the beginning. So when they arrived two days ago we had a brief firefight out near [Redacted] and decided that it was time we moved base locations from there. We moved out from [Redacted] and built a small camp with out vehicles in the woods to avoid detection. Considering the party after all of the loot we had taken in the recent days I don't know why we bothered. They were drinking (I don't drink), we were listening to loud ass music using our cars headlights were on, I think that there was a fight between [Redacted] and [Redacted]. All in all a good night and I wasn't the least bit surprized when everyone else was out cold for the day. Then [Redacted] decided in his drunken state that I was a shit pilot and convinced the others of such due to a slight error in landing in Chernogorsk that caused damage to the main rotor and engine. So he flys fairly well until we have to leave Stary Sobor. He then crashes into some trees nearly killing everyone on board. Considering that the thing exploded I am suprized that anyone survived at all. I suppose that's something to be thankful for. Even so if there was a God that saved our lives what purpose would that serve? I don't quite think that a loving merciful God would allow us to live considering all the harm that we have done. Also sorry about this faith stuff all of a sudden, I recently found a worn copy of the bible and have been reading it to pass the time. I suppose I should stop writing and focus on recovering from my injuries.

Texas532    0

Day 25

That's it.

I am done with these pirates, even if [Redacted] is with them.

They're going to far with this. A treaty with SVR and Volki?! They have lost it. I tried to explain why it was a bad idea and that they would just get stabbed in the back by them. Why wouldn't SVR and Volki attack us when we trust them? We were almost at war with SVR at the very least. [Redacted] is the only surviving member of the 501st left as far as I know. I need time to think, to reconsider my options and more importantly heal from the crash. I definitely need better medical attention than these drunken idiots can give me.

Tomorrow I will seek out the free medics. Hopefully people are understanding.

Slute    1

Whats wrong with Volki! :P

Pretty enjoyable, keep it up!

Texas532    0

Day 26

God bless the free medics.

When I limped to their door battered and bruised, they welcomed me in. That's a kind of generosity that I haven't seen in my whole life. Even though I had helped almost ruin them they still treated me. Of course I knew that there were others keeping an eye on me but at least I'm alive!

The doctor told me that I have a cracked rib and several broken bones, not to mention the various cuts and gashes across my body many of which were infected. After some serious painkillers and antibiotics I was assured that I would make a full recovery.

I still wish I hadn't done it. This makes me feel even more guilty. Their kindness in spite of who I am and what I have done, I don't deserve it. I will pay them back, double what I stole and what they gave, or die trying.

Texas532    0

Day 28

Well I almost did the second part.

I was at some hospital and thought that maybe the door on the roof was unlocked, which would've been better than making any noise at all. I looked around for a bit until I found a rusty old ladder on the back. That was probably when I should've realised that it was a bad idea but I still climbed it. I was about two stories up when it broke. I broke my left arm (not my shooting arm thankfully), twisted my ankle, broke a couple of fingers, fractured a couple of more bones and may have a concussion. All in all I was lucky that I was still able to drive back here. I did manage to get some medical supplies for them. Which unfortunately needed to be used on me so I'm back on square one. I think I won't be doing much until I heal a bit more, at least a couple of days before I can start walking around again. Maybe a month or two before I'm almost back to normal.

Texas532    0

Day 31

I decided to revisit the pirates to catch up on events.

When I arrived I found very little remaining of our encampment. [Readacted] told me that the rest of the pirates had left but I stayed behind. I need to find out the truth behind Altar. All the stories that I've heard don't quite add up. What happened to the commander? Why was there so few bodies in the ruins of Altar? Who is this watcher that was a member of the 501st. I must answer these questions.

I just checked in on our emergency freq! Someone was talking on it, but I couldn't recognise the voice do to the bad quality of the transmission. It called for an urgent meeting. It might be a trap but I must go there!

Texas532    0

Day 32

So I haven't made it there yet.

I crashed my truck in krasnostav and severely injured myself, again. My wounds hadn't completely healed from the last time and that piece of debris definitely jumped out of nowhere. I had no idea that those military trucks were so fragile when you hit something head on at top speed. Damn explosion drew in every last one of those dead fucks for miles. I barely managed to barricade myself inside this house before they showed up.

[there is a few drops of blood splattered on the page]

I was low on medical supplies to begin with but I barely was able to stop the bleeding let alone fix my rebroken bones. I guess I have to wait until someone finds me. I have enough food and water for a couple of days but after that.... I will come to that when I get there for now I guess I'll rest.

Sign in to follow this