Server time (UTC): 2023-02-07 04:41

Suggestion for CR rules in settlements

bigwiz14

I've been browsing the reports lately, and quite often civilians shoot CRs thinking they're being robbed instead of simply disarmed. I see why they are being taken formal and banned, but there should be ways of avoiding this...

The Question

Yes, in the rules people don't get KOS rights on the CRs, but how can you tell a CR apart?

I've encountered multiple CRs without clan patches who refuse to give ID when asked and expect you to cooperate nonetheless. Without proof of being a CR, how do we know to obey or retaliate?

Posing as a CR has always annoyed me, because you do have KOS rights on them, but you don't, because there really is no way to tell. Many skins don't show clan patches, so it's easy to mis-ID someone you suspect of not being a CR, who may turn out to actually be a CR. I'm not saying by any means you can't pose as a CR anymore, but you should have some RP proof of being or not being a CR instead of simply refusing to give ID (which you can still do).

What I would like done

I would like a rule implemented that CRs must identify themselves as a CR through text, while initiating a disarmament.

For example:

Civilian A is acting suspicious and refuses to give ID.

The CR feels like something is up and decides to disarm him, but Civilian A doesn't know the CR is in the camp.

The CR yells out in VON: "Drop your weapons, radio, backpack, this is not a robbery. If you don't, you die."

Civilian A is scared, having been robbed once already today. He has an L86-ACOG and doesn't want to lose his valuable loot.

Civilian A turns around and shoots the CR.

The CR posts a report and Civilian A gets banned.

The things I find wrong with this:

From what they CR said, there was no way to know if he was a CR or a civ.

He may have been wearing a skin without a clan patch.

He may not have ID'd himself to anyone before disarming Civilian A.

This is so close to baiting that it makes me want to shout.

What could have been done to avoid this?

The CR could have come forward and ID'd himself before initiating, to prove himself a CR.

The CR could have held up their clan patch to prove their CR-ship.

Civilian A could have been asked to leave first, instead of being disarmed right there.

Civilian A was given no time to explain his situation and why he was behaving the way he was. In this case; he was terrified of the camp being initiated on and losing his weapon.

What I would like done:

A rule that requires CRs to give proper identification and proof of CR-ship before giving commands or acting on CR rights. (In the case of many CRs present, only 1 needs to give ID or proof of CR-ship).

This will save many a survivor from the jaws of "what is as close to baiting while staying inside the rules as you can get".

If RP'd correctly, with legitimate RP background, players can still pose as a CR. If they kill a CR of a settlement in that life, they should be allowed to take; the CR patch, dog tags, some sort of non-photo ID, and use that as required ID.

And from an RP POV, police in the US flash their badges, or wear them visibly for civilians to see. If you've watched cop shows, they also yell things like "NYPD! Get down on the ground! NYPD!" with their badges out. I'm not saying everyone should be a cop, just that it makes sense and avoids unnecessary reports/bans due to misunderstandings and mis-identification.

Thoughts?

• Emerald

Agreed that his needs to be addressed. Maybe there could be skins that only be used by cr clans so we could id a cr just by looking at him/her.

• Sapphire

This happens rarely because if a Civ was robbing someone in Altar one of us as CR's dependent on the situation would either shoot the robber or disarm him.

It only happens when there is no CR's in the camp and it is empty and then it's still pretty easy to tell.

• Emerald

why not just have a rule that people cant say they are a CR unless they actually are.

As in you could be banned if you did.

or

If you say you are, and you are not that gives people KOS rights on you.

But I always ask for CR's to identify them selfs befor I provide them with any kind of information and if they dont I just leave, contact the CR's by radio and let them know there is either a twat at the door or a faker.

What actually happens is, people are robbed or disarmed by CRs, we can do what we like remember, it doesn't have to be a disarming, this person then shoots us and we make a report. Upon reading the report and skimming through the rules, the suspect then decides to tell everyone that he didn't realise the man was a CR etc etc.

As I see many people say, including Server Staff, deception is a large roleplaying aspect of RP. It is your responsibility to find out the identity of the person robbing you.

Would it make you feel better if the person robbing you said they were a CR and they weren't? No.

• Legend

I agree with Burgz but there have been various cases for me. At Desal where people pose as Crs and take advantage in this situation. But I believe what Bur said is True. The Civ must find out if he is CR somehow first and do not try anything fishy while doing so.

Would it make you feel better if the person robbing you said they were a CR and they weren't? No.

It would make me feel better if CR's don't rob people inside there settlements as it should be kind of "safe haven".

At least if you announce it like this.

Not like in Desal one time when the SVR where infront of the gates and the civ's who stood on the side of the CR's where left infront of the gate to the mercy of the SVR, while the CR's where hiding inside the Plant and not allowing anyone inside anymore.

It would make me feel better if CR's don't rob people inside there settlements as it should be kind of "safe haven".

Not like in Desal one time when the SVR where infront of the gates and the civ's who stood on the side of the CR's where left infront of the gate to the mercy of the SVR, while the CR's where hiding inside the Plant and not allowing anyone inside anymore.

It's their/our settlement, we can do what we like, you take the risk when entering, you should feel lucky that we don't rob you all, bearing in mind all the hate we get from you civs.

Plus that isn't the point I was making, OP was saying you should announce yourself if you're disarming/robbing someone in the camp.

It's their/our settlement, we can do what we like, you take the risk when entering, you should feel lucky that we don't rob you all, bearing in mind all the hate we get from you civs.

Plus that isn't the point I was making, OP was saying you should announce yourself if you're disarming/robbing someone in the camp.

Don't be so generalizing with your opinion, not every civ hates the CR's.

I for myself really loved to go to altar to trade and have some nice RP at the campfire, Kanen even made me my new passport wich gives me some RP-opportunity when i met people(they are never suspicious though?), so i love and respect the CR's for what possibilities they provide.

And i never behaved hostage in any form against the CR's or other Civ's in any settlement but because of this, i don't want to be treated as a pile of shit when something happens to the settlement.

Well, anouncing it would help prevent reports, wouldn't it?

And for that it would make going to a settlement more enjoyable as you don't have to fear being reported, you know, trying to prevent the ruleplay.