Server time (UTC): 2023-02-09 10:09

Any tips on video editing?

Kevin_Rossi

Hi, just a few weeks ago I started recording on DayZRP and other games, do you have any tips on how to improve the fell one gets from a video besides the video itself and music? any other elements?

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

• Sapphire

Do you have any editing software? (Sony Vegas,After effects, etc......)

I think you should try to make some sort of story in DayZ. It doesn't have to be serious, it can be funny. Just some sort of youtube series that is a story. Also if your videos are longer, and you have just parts of you traveling. Just add a text screen saying where you went, and what happened. Try to get as much action as possible in the videos.

Good luck, and keep up the good work.

I think you should try to make some sort of story in DayZ. It doesn't have to be serious, it can be funny. Just some sort of youtube series that is a story. Also if your videos are longer, and you have just parts of you traveling. Just add a text screen saying where you went, and what happened. Try to get as much action as possible in the videos.

Good luck, and keep up the good work.

Thanks, appreciate the good words.

A series - when I'll have some extra free time and a good idea, for now I'm gonna try recording as much as I can with my clan, the missing part is the action, but I guess it's not that hard to achieve as long as we maintain good RP.

I watched the first vid, and it looks good.

The only thing i have to say about it is that when you take out the camera and start "recording" in first person you should scale down the camera UI. It should be subtle but visible.

You should also add a VHS effect to the clips in first person. Its pretty simple. Its a disstortion effect that randomize the RGB colors on the footage. Gets the real authenticate feel of a recording going. You could also edit the audio a bit while in "camera mode", but thats a little more advance.