Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 17:31

Rules on robbery aren't strict enough

Laurence Taylor

• Emerald

I kid you not, i was robbed three times within around an hours time and in all honesty i think it's stupid. There is much more to RP'ing than just being hostile towards everyone you come across and the worst part is that people pretend to be friendly. I find it very annoying when you're friendly towards people and they are back and you're getting along then all of a sudden they decide to rob you. Especially as it's done over teamspeak even though they are next to eachother which also seems a bit unfair as you have no way of guessing that you're in a bad situation.

Anyone else facing similar situations where they just get randomly robbed by friendly people?

I have some suggstions for rules such as:

1) not being able to rob people after a certain amount of time of being with eachother E.g Driving around in a car with them when they suddenly pull over and rob you.

2) Not being friendly towards people if you have an intention of robbing them. Allows people to use common sense.

Anyone else feel my pain or is it just me? Would love to hear other peoples opinions on this!

Guest Katherine

the typical "Five secs drop weps." Is pretty bland and is a poor way to open up RP.

I have no problems with the current system as long as the robber has good role play and reason for the robbery.

• Emerald

I think you are extremely unlucky...I have never been robbed. Successfully that is. Our rules are fine, and I really do not think we need to add more.

If your robbers are doing a poor job, record and report as they are expected to RP the robbery and attempt to make it enjoyable for all parties. Bad RP is punishable, but not everyone is an expert.

• Emerald

1. Deception is a legit robbery mechanic, you cant remove that.

2. ^

I agree its a bit of a pain getting robbed over and over. I just insist you record and report poor robberies and poorly roleplayed out robberies.

Yeah i guess, but when people rob you for the sake of jsut wanting some action and not actually do RP it is very irritating. Whether they RP on not.

• Emerald

I think you are extremely unlucky...I have never been robbed. Successfully that is. Our rules are fine, and I really do not think we need to add more.

If your robbers are doing a poor job, record and report as they are expected to RP the robbery and attempt to make it enjoyable for all parties. Bad RP is punishable, but not everyone is an expert.

Being a bit of a beginner myself ( only had the DayZRP mod for about two months) it's hard to tell when someone is doing bad RP.

I do ALWAYS record as soon as someone does something hostile to me so i'll go through the footage now and see if it was bad or good.

I understand how you feel. In my first two days of joining dayzrp server I was robbed twice, shot and killed twice and taken hostage in a helicopter then killed. I was pretty much ready to quit because I was so angry and frustrated. It does get a little better if you join a good clan that sticks together and protects each other. There are good people here I promise. Hang in there.

• Emerald

What we need is more bandits :troll:

• Emerald

stay-paranoid-and-trust-no-one.png

That's a good rule to live by, but when you're not in a clan you get lonely and take any opportunity to travel with strangers. Well i do at least anyway!

stay-paranoid-and-trust-no-one.png

That's a good rule to live by, but when you're not in a clan you get lonely and take any opportunity to travel with strangers. Well i do at least anyway!

I travel with people all the time. But I never 100% trust them.

• Emerald

Antibandit squad is bandit to those who bandit.

xzibit_small.jpg

Am I not right there?

I hate your logic, But would you really categorize us as bandits if we're disarming bandits?

More like police in my opinion.

• Emerald

I still say more bandits :troll: :troll: :troll:

• Sapphire

PROTECTION SQUAD, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

• Emerald

I travel with people all the time. But I never 100% trust them.

tumblr_mx6llvGZjI1qfqcq8o1_500.gif

Dat gif

• Emerald

For an anti-bandit clan, check out the Lawkeepers. They're in the Clan Ideas forum and could use a few members!