Server time: 2018-08-16, 13:49

Sign in to follow this  
AutomatedDragon

The Fall of YouTube

Has some of you will know Youtube has recently set up a copyright ID system that has for the most part unjustly and maliciously attacked various YouTubers (mostly in the gaming genre) for a better and much more angry explanation see this video posted by Angry Joe.

you can see the true look of anger and betrayal in his face.

I have started this thread so we can discuss this topic, also I know that some of you are YouTube hopefuls this is not to tell you to not go and try to make a YouTube channel but it is mostly set as a warning to anyone (including me) who wishes to try there hand at YouTube and one day become successful.

Yeh this is seriously messed up, 3 of my own crappy vidoes got flagged for having us singing to backing music someone was playing over voice chat.

Yes I heard about this... It's horrible.

Can't see a way out of this, unless we stop using youtube?

Well as Youtube viewer that watches 99% of the content from his subscribed channels, if they go I wouldn't watch Youtube that much. If a large portion of the viewerbase is like that, then Youtube have problem.

Sadly there is little alternative, Twitch is ok, but their mobile app sucks (which is where I view everything).

Well as Youtube viewer that watches 99% of the content from his subscribed channels, if they go I wouldn't watch Youtube that much. If a large portion of the viewerbase is like that, then Youtube have problem.

Sadly there is little alternative, Twitch is ok, but their mobile app sucks (which is where I view everything).

Amen.

Thankfully only one of my older videos have been flagged because I used a copyright song. Which is understandable. But I now only use Royalty Free music and on EVERY SINGLE blimin video I have to submit a form stating that the content is royalty free...

#RIPOldYoutube

Company's have just got out of hand they lose a lot of money to pirated content and they look for people to blame. So what do they do they target one of the biggest communities YOUTUBE to get back at the revenue they have lost, its ridiculous how they get away with it. Its like if a store gets stolen from then the store owners go and burgle their paying customers houses for the products they have bought.

Guest Fuzzy

They totally fucked YouTube.

1. Removed the background image added a gay banner instead.

2. Google plus

3. New comment system

Yeah it like sopa was passed, it is really stupid. YouTube is basically shooting itself in the foot. It is youtube today and the entire internet tomorrow. Could this be the end for the internet as we know it?

All go to Twitch...

It's annoying since they try some things that help them,but damage the viewer base.

Just watched AngeyJoes video properly. I am actually really upset now :\ I really feel for this guy that has made his career on youtube and now they're throwing all his hardwork back in his face. I mean 4 years this has been this guys job. Im not really one to get choked up but for some reason I felt so so sad for this guy <\3

Must agree that this is the most stupidest idea ever. Flagging because there is music in the game is stupid. As Joe said Youtube should go after those who upload full movies and other stuff like that but yeah flagging reviewers too is a big mistake.

Guest Praetorian

Does anyone actually know of a 'YouTube' substitute?

Guest magw33d

I'm sorry but Angry Joe doesn't have a fucking clue what he's talking about.

As a small time composer who makes music intended for media (specifically online content), this is the only system in place to protect my IP.

Pursuing litigation is not an option: it costs more than it's worth when an online license for a single track sells at around £30 a pop.

PRS can't employ thousands of people to look at online videos all day, so they have a program that does it for them, and unfortunately there is some collateral damage.

If Youtube didn't do this, I wouldn't have a potential career, and millions others wouldn't either.

Go smoke a joint Angry Joe Gamer, and chill the fuck out, or go and buy some licensed music and help out the "average joe".

Also note: these are automatic flags, that can be removed. He's simply jumping the gun and blaming "youtube". As a reviewer he can have them revoked.

As a small time composer who makes music intended for media (specifically online content), this is the only system in place to protect my IP.

Pursuing litigation is not an option: it costs more than it's worth when an online license for a single track sells at around £30 a pop.

PRS can't employ thousands of people to look at online videos all day, so they have a program that does it for them, and unfortunately there is some collateral damage.

If Youtube didn't do this, I wouldn't have a potential career, and millions others wouldn't either.

Go smoke a joint Angry Joe Gamer, and chill the fuck out, or go and buy some licensed music and help out the "average joe".

Also note: these are automatic flags, that can be removed. He's simply jumping the gun and blaming "youtube". As a reviewer he can have them revoked.

Although it is true what you say about small audio producers they went COMPLETELY overboard here.

Sure, it might be automatic flags, but that doesn't matter at all since when the video is flagged the content producer loses monetization on the video and gets 0 revenue from the video until YouTube decides to remove the flag; which can take several days.

Don't know if you heard but your video basically gets flagged when music is played in the background of the game. That is absolutely outrageous and so ridiculous!

This flagging also extents to trailers or cut scenes. If you play more than 5-10 seconds of a trailer/cut scene your video automatically gets flagged and you lose all monetization. It doesn't matter if you muted the trailer or cut scene and you're babbling over it. It will still get flagged.

The new system is clearly really broken. I am for protecting small producers and I prioritize it highly. However, flagging a video after noticing that it's playing copyright protected music in the background OF THE GAME as it is PART OF THE GAME just doesn't work, I'm sorry.

I see where your coming from, but I'm not sure you see where hes coming from.

This does not affect you in a negative as you create your own music. Angry Joe is saying its affecting the people who make reviews and do 'Lets Plays'. I mean I'm not surprised hes angry. Its essentially 4 years of his life down the drain.

This has begun to affect me as well with a lot of my Ace of Spades videos.

Angry Joe is not the only youtuber expressing distaste on this matter, there are several others such as boogie2988. (

)

- Sorry if this seems rather garbled and hastily written, its 4am here. Might add more laterv-

Theres only one way to settle this. We boycott youtube and use redtube instead.

Has this new system hit the news yet? Not seen or heard about it in the news, so I wonder if anyone else have seen any?

I'm a youtuber who focuses on DayZ and is doing pretty well so here's my experience.

Personally I've been pretty lucky, no gameplay has been hit by content ID claims, though I have permission from every company ready just in case. (BIS is REALLY good about this).

I have however had a outro song from one series of videos flagged, I have a written license to use this song and sent proof but the appeal was rejected anyway so now I don't know what to do. It all seems like some bullshit to me.

The thing that really burns is the affiliate/managed partner thing though. Many of us signed 1-2 year contracts specifically for the copyright shield and the instant monetization, now that is gone why are we still stuck in these contracts? The MCN I am part of literally offers me no incentive to be part of them any more. It's ridiculous and unless YT fixes shit then they can wave by to most people.

Joe is right, Its gonna cut down his income by 25%.

Youtube are retarded for doing this to people who earned money for them to begin with.