Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 06:26

Ban Appeal-Sam Dickenson/Scorp

Guest Scorp

Link to report : http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-s1-desal-failed-execution-when-complying-02-31-42-12-72013?page=3

Why the verdict is not fair :

1. Ban didn't take effect until 4 hours later

2. I was banned for someone zig zagging into my bullet, honestly I meant no harm.

3. Brandon (the person who reported us) helped launch an attack on my group of friends and I (this happened the day before), we had RP reasons to kill him even though we did kill him by accident

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) :

1. We were ordered to shoot to scare not to kill, it was clear the OP in the other thread understood we couldn't kill him. with OPs understanding OP shouldn't have reacted like he did. He ran back and forth into bullets near him, then proceeded to report us for killing him.

2. Even though we did kill Brandon by accident (the person who reported us)we had a solid RP reason for killing him. Here is my reasoning. We robbed him and his friend, they ran and got The Watchers to come and kill us.

3. I took someone else's word that it was a legit and didn't think that anything else, I was too far out of range to see what Brandon typed OOC, so I had no clue it wasn't legit. I was just taking orders and didn't realize the consequences.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal :

At least get minus ~5 hours off my ban because it took so long for it to register (ask mexsion/victor cruz and Graffels and Dr.Dax about it, Victor and I reported this to the mods)

and at MOST I would like to see myself get less ban time (at least ~3-5 hours) and lose the warning points.

I DO NOT WANT TO BE UN-BANNED

(seeing as I fucked up and the verdict is understandable)

What could you have done better?

Probably not shot. I have noticed that nearly every single time that a weapon is fired near or around a camp at a time with high tensions, that person either gets reported or killed.

• MVP

[..]

At least get minus ~5 hours off my ban because it took so long for it to register (ask mexsion/victor cruz and Graffels and Dr.Dax about it, Victor and I reported this to the mods)

and at MOST I would like to see myself get less ban time (at least ~3-5 hours) and lose the warning points.

Nope. That's taken into account and you'll actually be unbanned a little too soon. See explanation here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-ban-appeal-for-victor-cruz?pid=457530#pid457530

The rest of the appeal will be handled as soon as possible. :)

[..]

Nope. That's taken into account and you'll actually be unbanned a little too soon. See explanation here: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-ban-appeal-for-victor-cruz?pid=457530#pid457530

The rest of the appeal will be handled as soon as possible. :)

ok cool, thanks for the update!

• Legend

I dislike the tendency to blame the obvious victim in this case. You simply should not have done what you ended up doing, it is your responsibility to put yourself in such a silly situation that could lead to you getting in severe trouble. You admitted yourself that you never intended to shoot the victim which implies that you knew full well that you should not have killed him.

When you pull the trigger, you need to know yourself that the kill is legitimate. You are responsible for your own actions. We do not accept any of the reasons or excuses in this appeal, as such:

Appeal Denied.