Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:14

Ban Appeal for Victor Cruz

Vic

• Sapphire

Link to the formal report: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-s1-desal-failed-execution-when-complying-02-31-42-12-72013

Why the verdict is not fair :

It is fair, but I was not directly the initiator of the situation and I feel a lesser ban would be fairer. The main reason for this appeal is listed at the bottom of all of this thread.

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) :

I was invited to the execution and was only partaking, I never knew I was breaking the rules at the time, and I am sorry.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal :

A few hours removed from my ban as explained below.

What could you have done better?

Found out more about the execution.

Additional Comments & main relevance of all this.

I logged in a few hours after being banned to realize I was not actually banned.

I immediately informed the admins that I was not banned so that they could re-ban me... as a result my ban is listed to expire hours after the original ban... As a result I have been banned for more than 3 days and I feel that it's not necessarily fair to get banned for MORE... because I went out of my way to inform GM's that their ban hadn't gone through. I was being a good Samaritan, I was doing what was right even though it directly affected me and as a result I receive more ban. Please consider removing a few hours from my appeal as I am being punished more for being an honest person and informing you of a mistake made at your end. Thank you so much.

• MVP

The ban has been updated with your time served being taken into account. The verdict was written at 19:58. That means in theory, you should be unbanned 3 days after that at precisely 19:58 again. We've made sure that'll happen.

In fact, we even made a tiny error. You'll be unbanned about half an hour to an hour too soon. Count yourself lucky! :P

• MVP

I dun goof'd and somehow your ban didnt transfer properly to S2. That has been sorted out. I did some rough math on the matter and reduced everyone's ban time from 4320 minutes to 4000 minutes as a result of my mistake. So you were not re-banned for 3 days, you were re-banned for 2.7 days, give or take a few minutes.

As for the rest of your appeal, not for me to say since I was one of the people handling your case. But I figured I'd update you on the ban length thing.

edit: damn you Gijs.

• Sapphire

Greatly appreciated guys. Thanks so much and much respect!

• Sapphire

I was wondering if I could get a shortened ban seeing as I was only participating in the execution, I was not fully aware of the circumstances but I took somebodies word that it was all legit. I was invited to do what I did and I am truly sorry... I hope from what i've said you can see that i'm a decent person. Thank you so much for your time and dealing with the ban error so swiftly, I appreciate what you guys do.

And if not, Eh, Cant blame a guy for trying.

• Legend

I am appreciative of the fact that you are sorry. However ignorance of the situation is not a defense for your actions. If you intend to help someone be executed it is your responsibility to ensure you know why that execution takes place.

The entire situation was frankly poor form and I hope to never see it happen again. However, I cast no aspersions about whether or not you are a 'decent person'. The case is clear and the punishment well within acceptable norms.

Appeal Denied.