Server time (UTC): 2023-01-31 06:35

Help on RP situations! Post for advice

ChrisRobz

• Emerald

Hey guys!

I have been playing on this server for quite some time now and i think that im a pretty decent role player. But every day i see these reports going up on how people are bad at RP and are just plain and not fun to RP with. So i made this thread to help you guys who need it!

This thread is going to kind of an Question and Answer thread about RP and how situations should be handled or advice on how to handle things.

So, basically what you do is reply to the thread and ask about a situation or a scenario that you want some advice on how to handle it!

With this thread i hope to help people enhance their role play and help the community get better at RP! (Not saying its bad just those who wish to improve on their RP can come here to seek help)

Looking forward to what you guys have in store!

Also people who are browsing this feel free to help people if they haven't been helped yet!

• Sapphire

//Good idea, I feel a lot of people including myself can benefit from something like this :)

• Emerald

//Good idea, I feel a lot of people including myself can benefit from something like this :)

Thanks! looking forward to seeing what situations people get themselves into and hope i can help them!

• Emerald

Kudos to you man, for not turning your back on the bad RPers like most have. But instead you make a forum thread to help so much kudos

Thanks man! It would both benefit myself and the community so why not try and do my part :)

• Emerald

I have also been playing for awhile and I wouldn't consider myself new but I do have a question and would like your view on it.

This is asked quite frequently, pretty much how would you RP out a server restart. Everyone I ever meet always just says they are going to sleep, how would you approach this?

I have also been playing for awhile and I wouldn't consider myself new but I do have a question and would like your view on it.

This is asked quite frequently, pretty much how would you RP out a server restart. Everyone I ever meet always just says they are going to sleep, how would you approach this?

Yea best way to do it is just saying go to sleep. This is how most people RP out logging out also.

• Sapphire

Yea best way to do it is just saying go to sleep. This is how most people RP out logging out also.

True, but I would be interested to hear if there were any other more creative ideas. Because frankly 4-5 people all going to sleep in the middle of the day seems a little odd but I've never known, or been creative enough, to come up with something original.

True, but I would be interested to hear if there were any other more creative ideas. Because frankly 4-5 people all going to sleep in the middle of the day seems a little odd but I've never known, or been creative enough, to come up with something original.

"EARTHQUAKE!! Take cover!"

"I'll be back soon, got some personal business to attend to('toilet')"

or something.. (?)

• Emerald

How would you roleplay with a nice guy who you like but is from the enemy clan?

He is nice but still from the hostile group so yeah

• Emerald

Usually what i say if i am in mid conversation i start to yawn and say "wow its getting late. I've been up for a while maybe we should continue this conversation after a little power nap, i can see you are getting tired too."

Just something that indicates you are going to sleep for a brief time :)

He is nice but still from the hostile group so yeah

Damn, that is pretty hard. But what i would do is just avoid clan talk to be honest. Just RP without and assure the guy that you don't want to be against him. Although you are in separate groups does not mean that you guys have to be hostile towards each other. Groups might influence your views on certain groups but don't let it get in the way with talking to people in the enemy clans. Just be careful he doesn't bring friends along! ;)

Even though you might be in enemy clans does not mean you two should hate each other in game. Just remember you two knew each other before you chose your group :)

Hope that helped :)

(Though situation)

• Legend

Oww boy! You can do a lot of stuff. You could Rp that you need some time alone to think about thoughts. Get depressed on a subject and say you need some solo time, saying you taking a piss, Say your gona have a nap in a bush, Say your going to talk with a friend but you need some privet time. List is endless!

He is nice but still from the hostile group so yeah.

Me personally I have met loads of Hostile Groups, but if you are alone with the guy and he has no backup. You could bring some incredible RP! Act like you do not know him and maybe slowly show that he is a enemy clan of yours. Act on how your character would react in that situation per say, I met a SKA in a shop once by himself he was friendly and all but I stuck to the code and but him down In a RP wise but not capturing him etc. But for the love of god, do not go OWW Stupid Cunt piece of shit! You guys are bandits owww stupid fuckers!..nono. Not much imagination do something creative :D

What I have been doing lately is this....

If I am with a group/ or my clan. "Alright boys, go handle your personal business real quick. Drain the lizard if you need to now cuz once night falls/morning is here we are going to roll out."

If at a settlement.

" I'm going to head out real quick to hunt for some food/ fill up some water. I'll be back once night falls/ in the morning."

• Emerald

Basically anything that states that you are temporarily leaving and will be back is fine. Just use your imagination and the RP will flow :)

Basically anything that states that you are temporarily leaving and will be back is fine. Just use your imagination and the RP will flow :)

Pretty much this

For instance you could do something like this. *looks at watch* "OH jeez is that the time? Sorry friends I have to be somewhere/ meet someone"

• MVP

I've seen plenty of people just using the term 'Blacked out' for a restart in that they load back into the same spot.

It makes sense and you can make up any excuse or pretend you were day dreaming or having a flashback. You don't necessarily need to disappear in most situations.

• Legend

I've seen plenty of people just using the term 'Blacked out' for a restart in that they load back into the same spot.

It makes sense and you can make up any excuse or pretend you were day dreaming or having a flashback. You don't necessarily need to disappear in most situations.

Yeah after a restart I usually turn towards The other person and say something like "Oh sorry, I had to think about my brother/mother/father/girlfriend/dog/clan etc" you don't have to "black out" or "pass out", just roleplay that you where not listening and ask the person to repeat the last sentence.

How would you improve a robbery where all the robbers do is tell you the same old same old...

1) "Ok, drop your guns. Now your backpack and your radio. Step away"

2) "Turn and face the wall" *Goes through your stuff*

3) "Now I want you to run in...(Said direction) and if I see you again I'll kill you"

This seems to be the typical bland robbery method where there is little to no roleplay besides silence and them telling you what to do. What are some ways you can spice up this situation?

I actually have a question if someone could help me.

My character have escaped prison, but I have not came up with a good idea for an ID I can have on me. So anyone have any ideas on what sort of ID I could have?

what about something like a prison tattoo? At least for nicknames that would suffice.

• Emerald

I actually have a question if someone could help me.

My character have escaped prison, but I have not came up with a good idea for an ID I can have on me. So anyone have any ideas on what sort of ID I could have?

To be honest i have no clue for this one. The only thing i can think of is if you have like a distinctive marking on your body or you can say after the prison got over run you took your personal belonging from where they hold them and you escaped.

• Legend

How would you improve a robbery where all the robbers do is tell you the same old same old...

3) "Now I want you to run in...(Said direction) and if I see you again I'll kill you"

This seems to be the typical bland robbery method where there is little to no roleplay besides silence and them telling you what to do. What are some ways you can spice up this situation?

Be scared! Use your most scared voice and if they ask you for ID type something like *Opens backpack to look for his old passport*. When dropping your weapons, drop them first (to comply in time) and then type stuff like *throws weapons on the ground, grabs his radio and slowly puts it down, after that XY puts his hands into the air*.

If the robbers roleplay is extremely bad, record and if needed report.

• Emerald

Well i tend to push around my robbers and try to make them engage in more RP. But usually i just spit out questions and if they refuse to RP with me then it is just bad RP and you could report someone for that.

If it is a simple Drop weps 10 secs robbery and then they just leave then i am pretty sure you can report them. But if you are doing the robbery don't just approach and rob. Approach the person, talk a little bit then once you hear something you do not like rob him