Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 17:17

Elektrozavodsk Survivor Coastal Camp (PCB)

Mush

• Sapphire

Elektrozavodsk Survivor Coastal Camp

So this is a little Coastal Camp I created while writing one of my roleplay stories. I was going to use the camp in the story, I went in the editor, and began to create a small camp on the coast of Elektro. This was the result. I thought I'd share it, because it's the best attempt at a base I have had in a while.

I KNOW THIS IS MESSY, BUT IT TOOK ME 30 MINUTES - OBVIOUSLY IT WOULD BE IMPROVED

Camp Photos: Taken Down Until Further Notice

Doubt anyone will like this, so I won't bother writing a backstory or something - because I feel it'll be a waste of time. DISCUSS & SHARE OPINIONS!

• Emerald

Looks cool, but I don't see it being added. We already have a lot of PCBs that no one really uses as is. Not to mention isn't the TOR camp in Elektro?

• Sapphire

Looks cool, but I don't see it being added. We already have a lot of PCBs that no one really uses as is. Not to mention isn't the TOR camp in Elektro?

Yeah, I actually thought that as I was uploading the photos, it was only there because of the story however. I didn't see it being added either, it was just an idea because I've always wanted a little camp down there. :)

• Sapphire

As a TOR Ranger, I wouldn't mind seeing another camp on the coast of Elektro.

Could bring more people, and the way this camp looks, more great RP. :)

Yeah, I built around an RP base similar to yours, it was a base set up by civilians of Elektrozavodsk. For a safe place to come, and for people coming in on boats to stay, as the apocalypse progresses, so did their rage, hence the dead bodies near the tree. Thank you! :)

Looks plain and boring, needs a lot more work and atmosphere ATM it just looks like walls and the standard settlement stuff nothing spesh, if you need any help with it tho feel free to holla at me,

But on a plus note the area is a great place to build a little camp as serviours could use to to do reading missions on elctro so well done on that

• Sapphire

Its very bland and very common kind of site. This would also be a horrible base if it were to be a real colony. Just fences to protect from zombies? Screw that!

Yes, as mentioned in the OP, it was a quick 30 minute thing, and would be improved if it was to go ahead.

Looks plain and boring, needs a lot more work and atmosphere ATM it just looks like walls and the standard settlement stuff nothing spesh, if you need any help with it tho feel free to holla at me,

But on a plus note the area is a great place to build a little camp as serviours could use to to do reading missions on elctro so well done on that

As mentioned in the OP, it was a 30 minute mash up for a story, all I need was a place on the coast, that looked like it'd been set up by survivors.

And I forgot to save it :P

+1 for this place, would encourage more RP down South with the TOR outpost close by. Especially if a small dock could be implemented down by the water, that way fishermen could come in to the shoreline and trade off food to the camp perhaps?

What a great idea! :D

It doesn't look that bad,but I suggest to make it some other way.

Use some other type of fence and add more open tents,stuff inside them.

Also take another location(between Cherno and Elektro but closer to Elektro).

• Sapphire

Can you suggest a type of fence? Like, would, old kind of rugged look, or a fence like from an industrial place?

Also, tents with stuff inside them? Like, big MASH's or? I don't understand that, and yeah, any good ideas for positioning either?

I loved that place for one reason, that dirt road that leads up to it, and the tree cover. It's beautiful. :D

Can you suggest a type of fence? Like, would, old kind of rugged look, or a fence like from an industrial place?

Also, tents with stuff inside them? Like, big MASH's or? I don't understand that, and yeah, any good ideas for positioning either?

I loved that place for one reason, that dirt road that leads up to it, and the tree cover. It's beautiful. :D

dayz_survivor_camp_by_hazzard65-d57hrj4.jpg

It might seem generic to some,but it's an image you could use as model.

• Sapphire

dayz_survivor_camp_by_hazzard65-d57hrj4.jpg

It might seem generic to some,but it's an image you could use as model.

Holy s... Alan I love you for that photo <3 That is literally a dream camp though, I would love camps like these within the map, IMO, they are sometimes a lot better than Altar and Desal etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • MVP

Hate to necro a thread but do you still have the files for this? Looks awesome and with some fleshing out could be added as a mini PCB to the Epoch server

• Legend

Survivor Coastal Camp?

You seen them bodies and graves!?

na im joking Looks decent and would fit the Server good job

Hate to necro a thread but do you still have the files for this? Looks awesome and with some fleshing out could be added as a mini PCB to the Epoch server

Why would you worry about adding PCBs to epoch when it has base building. All PCBs will serve to do is clutter things up

• MVP

Why would you worry about adding PCBs to epoch when it has base building. All PCBs will serve to do is clutter things up

Not everyone will want to build a base, adding small survivor camps will promote RP and interaction just as they do in the default mod.

Surely you should be working on more important things like actually balancing out the mod itself, and I fail to see the point of adding a PCB, on EPOCH where players can build their own bases? I would much rather someone built a town thing with Epoch materials etc. and it would look a lot better and make much more sense, why would there be a camp looking like a really good pro-built one where on Epoch all building materials etc. look really unprofessional, I think this would look seriously out of place on Epoch, and back to the point about fixing the mod, I understand you are trying to roll out Epoch updates for the mod as often as possible, but adding the same scripts to both servers isn't really working, you need to alter Chernarus Epoch and Panthera Epoch seperately as the Panthera Epoch does not seem to make sense with the Chernarus scripts e.g. lack of armoured vehicles, on a map covered in military areas, it doesn't make any sense, instead of making more and more additions, make the actual server be good in the first place, as Epoch Panthera, does not feel right at all at the moment, it feels too RPified for Epoch.

(Please note I am not at all trying to flame your work, just wanted to make points out about my personal opinion. If you like any more input from me, then please, Tamaster92, PM me.)

• Sapphire

Holy shit really? No I deleted it, but it's super simple to re-create?

• MVP

Surely you should be working on more important things like actually balancing out the mod itself, and I fail to see the point of adding a PCB, on EPOCH where players can build their own bases? I would much rather someone built a town thing with Epoch materials etc. and it would look a lot better and make much more sense, why would there be a camp looking like a really good pro-built one where on Epoch all building materials etc. look really unprofessional, I think this would look seriously out of place on Epoch, and back to the point about fixing the mod, I understand you are trying to roll out Epoch updates for the mod as often as possible, but adding the same scripts to both servers isn't really working, you need to alter Chernarus Epoch and Panthera Epoch seperately as the Panthera Epoch does not seem to make sense with the Chernarus scripts e.g. lack of armoured vehicles, on a map covered in military areas, it doesn't make any sense, instead of making more and more additions, make the actual server be good in the first place, as Epoch Panthera, does not feel right at all at the moment, it feels too RPified for Epoch.

(Please note I am not at all trying to flame your work, just wanted to make points out about my personal opinion. If you like any more input from me, then please, Tamaster92, PM me.)

It's fine, just realise nothing on the Panthera server has even been edited... So I haven't made it like that at all. Also this isn't delaying any epoch business, I'm on my ipad posting and it takes all of 2 seconds to add a file and link it to run :)

The point about clashing visuals is true though, I think I see it more like.. This is a camp that was taken over by survivors whilst a base would be built from scratch. I'm trying to find somewhere interesting for RP to happen other than traders since it is unlikely that randoms will meet in a base, which is owned by a player/clan. At least not in the short term.

And yes really, it's small, simple and suits the apocalypse vibe. Plus it's on the coast so gives a RP destination for fresh spawns.

It's fine, just realise nothing on the Panthera server has even been edited... So I haven't made it like that at all. Also this isn't delaying any epoch business, I'm on my ipad posting and it takes all of 2 seconds to add a file and link it to run :)

The point about clashing visuals is true though, I think I see it more like.. This is a camp that was taken over by survivors whilst a base would be built from scratch. I'm trying to find somewhere interesting for RP to happen other than traders since it is unlikely that randoms will meet in a base, which is owned by a player/clan. At least not in the short term.

And yes really, it's small, simple and suits the apocalypse vibe. Plus it's on the coast so gives a RP destination for fresh spawns.

Either way, Panthera seems to be gone, so Chernarus is now the only option for RP, and I find Chernarus boring now, I feel like Chernarus Epoch shouldn't be a thing, as Epoch on actual Chernarus, is strange, there is 3 airfields, none really relating to military based, apart from NWAF, I just feel like why is there so much military stuff on Chernarus, where-as on Panthera, it has multiple military bases, and can I ask what you feel like should be kept, Chernarus Epoch, or Panthera? Or maybe even a different map, without Epoch?

• Sapphire

Yeah, I created it for a story I was writing (soon) but I deleted it, so, yeah, you could always re-create it ;) or I could re-build it, eventually :P

• MVP

Either way, Panthera seems to be gone, so Chernarus is now the only option for RP, and I find Chernarus boring now, I feel like Chernarus Epoch shouldn't be a thing, as Epoch on actual Chernarus, is strange, there is 3 airfields, none really relating to military based, apart from NWAF, I just feel like why is there so much military stuff on Chernarus, where-as on Panthera, it has multiple military bases, and can I ask what you feel like should be kept, Chernarus Epoch, or Panthera? Or maybe even a different map, without Epoch?

Personally I'd love Namalsk but Rolle shut that down quickly ;)

The plan is to get Chernarus Epoch set up then everything can be transferred with minimal editing to any other map.

Why is panthera gone? It is such a nice map and something fresh and different from the landscape of chernarus. :(

Not everyone will want to build a base, adding small survivor camps will promote RP and interaction just as they do in the default mod.

Thank you for the reply and wish you best of luck with the epoch