Server time: 2018-08-15, 20:08 WE ARE RECRUITING

Sign in to follow this  
samp122

Is this how you would act in the real apocalypse?

Thing is in DayZ (not just RP) people don't kill each other for food / water. But more because they got better "stuff." Now I expect people would rob others cause of their better "stuff", but only after the apocalypse has already been around for awhile.

Dunno if you meant DayZ or IRL. But the apocalypse began nearly more than a year ago in DayZRP. People have found the time to get geared up fairly decently and whatnot.

Meant IRL.

I mainly ask this question, because I run into plenty of people who suggest that "In the real apocalypse, you'll have to kill to survive". I think this is absolutely asinine. If a rabies-like virus -such as the one seen in DayZ- were to hit the real world, the military would easily be able to contain and exterminate the virus. You'd only have to survive for a matter of days (maybe weeks), before aid reached your location. Obviously the best plan of action, would be to stock up and stay rural. Listen to the radio for updates and avoid moving around in broad day light. Stay in the woods/mountains if possible. I live in Montana, so there's PLENTY of areas to hide and rural farms to fortify.

Guest Astycc

I am obsessed with this "apocalypse" happening, so much so, I have actually created a plan of action for if anything goes down.

TL;DR of it is I run to my granddad's hunting shed out in the forest, gather wood, there is a fresh-water stream, and plenty of animals/game around, I can make fences, use the good ol' Lee Enfield Mk.2 that is there, and hold out for as long as possible, back-up plan would be to hold up the church near the village next to me, has a fully functional wall with steel doors.

I would be a very cautious person in the apocalypse, I already am quite an untrustworthy person and find it really hard to trust anyone.

Well in some parts in the world you could almost say that there's been an apocalypse.

Take Africa, where people have nothing and where rebels kills a lot of people.

So just replace zombies with rebels and you have DayZ in Africa.

So how do the people there handle it?

I mean, Rwanda is the closest to DayZ I could imagine.

Definitely how i would react to the apocalypse. Without the police or a miltia to enforce the law it would quickly turn into a lawless land where every man would be for himself :)

This is in no way similar to how I would act in the real apocalypse. First off, no one reacts the way they should when they see another survivor roaming around. All I see is people just calmly walk up to the other person and say, "Hey whats up dude?" I mean, if a virus had just broke out that had killed almost all of Chernarus, and with bandits roaming around, wouldn't you be a bit more cautious when approaching someone? When I see someone else I either try my best to avoid them or approach them very carefully with my weapon raised.

Other than that I would do my best to try and help out as many people as I possibly could, but I would take things from people if it was necessary for my survival. So I guess you could say I'm kind of similar to my character :D

I would be a ruthless bandit.

People will do whatever it takes to survive.

In the beginning of the chaos, I would definitely not be a bandit type of guy. Maybe looting a store to get supplies and just maybe would kill a man if it was to save my friends and family.

I can see myself, a couple years or months after it all started, not being able to trust anyone and doing whatever it takes to survive to keep my family and I safe. Im a stone cold mother fucker :D

Well if we are talking through our character's point of view then Jack would most likely be able to stop himself from harming others for at least a week or two after the collapse of society. He might not be able to control his urges(due to his declining mental state) for very long though and would kill somebody sooner or later because of the urging from Voice(the darker side of Jack).I myself would definitely not kill anyone on purpose during the start of the outbreak unless they planned on harming my family or friends. Later on though(lets say a year) i might be more inclined to hurt someone if it meant feeding my family and friends. i definitely would not enjoy it but it would be what was necessary to survive.

I would probably one of the first to die, out of fear.

Well my character is sort of a virtual manifestation of my own personal conflicts I have within myself. At heart both me and my character are not ruthless bandits who are out for blood my character and I both share quite the same personal beliefs but at the same time we are quite different. Yes As you can see I am apart of what is known as a bandit clan but I do not RP really as a bandit, both me and my character are loyal and have a personal sense of honor. Being as loyal as I am I felt it good to stick with the people that I trust and that my character owes a debt too seeing how my clan have saved me countless times from zombies. However my character has a type of inner struggle, he has this sense of honor and inherit goodness but at the same time he is also in constant conflict with the side of him that is selfish and power hungry. I too have a similar conflict but obviously not to the scale of which my character has, the comparison to my real life struggles and with my characters are different. IRL I both want to be a good person but at the same time I want to be successful in life and be at a point in my life to where money is a none issue but it is very hard to do that without being a little bit of a scheming bastard. But with my character his struggles is that he must reconcile himself for his mistakes that he has done in the past and try to help the people of chernarus by hopefully one day installing a unified government, but he has these inner demons that will gnaw at him saying "you should be the one to lead these people." and "The power of a king is your right, you could of had Texas but you chose to let it be, Chernarus is ripe for the taking." So as you can see I have put more thought into my character than the now cliche former military man who some how got stuck on Chernarus.

It depends on how they look I know its harsh but if I see a "biker" for example I would probably put them down. However if I see a "average guy" I would try and team up and help same goes for women and children. That just might be my mind-set but I think its probably what I would do

Why is it people assume bikers and people wearing leather are automatically the ones who want to rape and murder everyone? What is this, fucking Mad-Max? xD

It depends on how they look I know its harsh but if I see a "biker" for example I would probably put them down. However if I see a "average guy" I would try and team up and help same goes for women and children. That just might be my mind-set but I think its probably what I would do

Why is it people assume bikers and people wearing leather are automatically the ones who want to rape and murder everyone? What is this, fucking Mad-Max? xD

Haha probably Hollywood puts that idea in our minds. Have you seen The Book of ELI every bandit is pretty much a biker.

Guest Butterbean

Honestly. I RP my character completely different to how I would act in a real apocalypse.

In a real situation id wanna team up with everybody :P

Well, I roleplay as a half and half. I would not kill a harmless person. If someone comes to the place I am camping at and tells me they were robbed and i know where the base was. i Would go there and kill them. But, I would probably go insane and become ruthless if I was alone

I think most people if they were in a real apocolypse would do what they have to if they want to live. If you were hungry enough you would kill for that 1 can of food and if you had supplies you would kill to keep them. It comes down to survival instinct

The SECOND modern society would crumble with all its laws id go murderer.

I would probably do worse stuff in real life than we are allowed due to rules here on dayzrp.

I know im a sick puppy! ;D

Guest Kjordy

It's a dog eat dog world, only some come out on top. If it's my life or the next guys, I'd do what I have too to keep my own I suppose.

The SECOND modern society would crumble with all its laws id go murderer.

I would probably do worse stuff in real life than we are allowed due to rules here on dayzrp.

I know im a sick puppy! ;D

You'd do worse stuff then SDS does now? Oh jeez thats terrifying! :D

I think IRL though most people don't have the skill set to even survive without electricity and running water for more than a week. See how long the average University graduate survives with his degree in IT or Social Studies.

Could you honestly create fire from scratch? Recognise which berries you could eat and which not? Purify water? The list goes on.

This is a game, however, and it's entertainment. But it still raises serious questions people should ask themselves when discussions like this arise.

Just remember that most of the "bandits" are just some 12 year old kids who would fall to victim to the older population. There is always a bigger fish but it's always good to think that one would even be able to survive and act all tough when talked about situations like these. But in the end you're most likely just lying to yourself.

So many players in DayZ are ruthless bandits, so I now pose the question; is this how you would act in the real apocalypse? Kill everyone and everything you saw, just for one can of food? Or would you be more merciful and spare lives?

It is an apocalypse in war torn Chernarus.

No for real, most of us will die very quick, because we reside in city's and we do not carry weapons.

I always said this server does not have a apocalyptic feel. It has more a of Civil war feeling.

Clan vs Clan. Steal because he stole from you or have different ideas to your own. Civs getting in the way of clan affairs and they are forced to choice a side or get swashed in the middle. That how it feels for me.

A real apocalyptic feel would not have people running around shooting their guns and having huge fire fights the way we do have now.

I would live with a "Shoot second" rule. I'd rather be teamed up with as many humans as possible, rather than lower the human to zombie ratio, but if someone tried to kill me I'd try to kill them first.

Most bandits are power tripping, treating it more like a "fall of authority" apocalypse and not a zombie apocalypse, I feel. Clan VS Clan is one thing, but bandit clans robbing a loner or a small group of survivors never seems logical....maybe their too lazy to scavenge/remember there's zombies and feel it's easier to rob for supplies...I have NO clue, just don't get bandits, lol.