Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 13:05

Is this how you would act in the real apocalypse?

It depends on how they look I know its harsh but if I see a "biker" for example I would probably put them down. However if I see a "average guy" I would try and team up and help same goes for women and children. That just might be my mind-set but I think its probably what I would do

• Legend

So many players in DayZ are ruthless bandits, so I now pose the question; is this how you would act in the real apocalypse? Kill everyone and everything you saw, just for one can of food? Or would you be more merciful and spare lives?

Guess it depends on the situation if its kill or be killed then yes. Im pretty sure it is what would happen if you see someone with something you don't have you would try and take it if you knew you could without being hurt or killed. Ask yourself the question if you saw a working car of someones in a zombie apocalypse when you were chased and the person was in a shop or something too busy to check you would take it right to save yourself?

I guess everyone would be paranoid of other people not knowing if they would kill you for your stuff or work with you. that's what I like about DayZRP you don't know if the next person you meet will rob, kill (If the reasons are good) or work with you.

I don't know.. Make a zombie virus, and we could see? Seriously I probably wouldn't even be able to gun someone down cause I wouldn't be able to shoot a gun too well :P. Well maybe a pistol, or maybe I would lose my thumb using a pistol..

• Legend

I'm not a ruthless bandit. And I wouldn't do it in real life, I rarely come across them in game. (Probably jinxed myself now)

Im the same as you and rarely come across a bandit its more always enemy clans that I come across.

If I was in the middle of an Apocalypse that has shaken the entire planet I would surely go around and rob people for their items, this is just as I am as a person so I would do that indeed. I would try not to kill anyone though beacuse that'd make me depressed and whatnot irl.

People these days while they roleplay though, they speak as if the apocalypse never have happened. They're being chased by zombies and most people say '' Oh, I got some zombies around me..

* There is actually a whole horde of zombies after that person. *

It depends on how they look I know its harsh but if I see a "biker" for example I would probably put them down. However if I see a "average guy" I would try and team up and help same goes for women and children. That just might be my mind-set but I think its probably what I would do

Might I remember you what you did at a wedding some time ago?

• Sapphire

I don't know.. Make a zombie virus, and we could see? Seriously I probably wouldn't even be able to gun someone down cause I wouldn't be able to shoot a gun too well :P. Well maybe a pistol, or maybe I would lose my thumb using a pistol..

Something I learned in the military is that a rifle is usually easier to use than a pistol. Just sayin'.

No of course not. I would probably be just as friendly as in the game as long as I would have enough supplies for me and my group. Being robbed in style is not the problem. Equipment grows almost on the trees. RDM is bad and sad. A superficial assessment: Many young Survivor simply like the thrill and the control of a robbery and banditry in generally. This is usually a mixture of OOC and IC designs. When I would hear a young voice, I would automatically not offer her my back, when we are alone. Thus-in this case-, I also have the problem to mic OOC and IC informations. Although I only met a handful of friendly people at random and I am usually lonely. For example; my character was never in Altar Castle yet. Because the priority is survival and there was no reason to go to this area. I try not to use OOC informations for my daily routine or the famous locations. Just be careful where you are going and with whom.

I would probably be a standalone guy. Not really having anyone with me. Wich would be worst on fighting against Walkers. But I would manage to have more supplies to myself.

Selfish? The world ended......

Guest spartan23424

Personally if this happened i would travel as much as possible i wouldn't stay in one area or state and looting abandoned buildings and killing those who try to kill me personally though if a real apocalypse happened i would be carrying way more than a dayz char lol i'd be slow as hell but at least i'm prepared

• Emerald

Most likely I'd do whatever it took to make sure my kids were safe and feed. If that meant robbing and killing to make sure of that, you bet.

• Emerald

In DayZRP I am the total opposite of a bandit, I will give - no actually I will actively offer - you my last food even if I am starving.

In a real apocalypse I would be the one to hunt you down and burn your house down with a combustible lemon if it meant I would survive or even if I simply felt like it.

I'd probably be eaten within the first 10 min, I hate running.

If not I'd probably just find some kind of shelter and keep to myself, if I needed supplies I'd probably stay away from people if I saw them.

• MVP

The real answer of every one of us is:

We haven't got the faintest clue as to what we'd do. :)

This.

Its easy to try and predict on what we'd do because we assume we'd follow our current moral compass.

But once the apocalypse hit, a ZOMBIE apocalypse ontop of that, it can generally be assumed that eventually survival will take a priority and morals will be thrown out the window. Will that be the case for everyone? No, it is quite litterly impossible to say.

Maybe some would remain saints even under the heaviest taint of desperation(unlikely but not impossible) and maybe some would see the apocalypse as an excuse to just go full-out evil on everyone, barely needing a push.

Generally I think the less desperate people are for survival the more room there will be for morals, so it depends on the circumstances.

If I was in a situation where I'd be able to scavenge and survive relativly easily, I'd probably be helpful and nice to people I come across, or perhaps I'd avoid them entirely, depending on past experiences with other survivors.

But if I was starving, desperate and on the verge of collapse? Hell who knows what I'd do to survive? I sure dont. Starvation alone can drive people mad and turn them into even more of a crazed monster then the zombies.

• Emerald

I am a semi-prepper. I got this thought out..zombies, financial collapse, or solar flares...I'll be just fine.

• Emerald

Hopefully people would work together and realize its the zombies we need to fight and not each other. :P