Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 05:42

Clan war events on the event server

Othuyeg

• Emerald

So I had this idea that maybe clans could challange each other to a firefight on the event server.

As far as I know adding the settlements to the server should not be a massive amount of work if those are desired as the battleground. The clans could gather their supplies, keep them on their character and join the event server with them.

Now you ask why? Well, it would provide a clean firefight in a DayZRP environment. KoS rights could be agreed upon, no civilians would get hurt and the fight would be less confusing. Both sides would be able to pit their forces against each other without external disturbances.

I am NOT suggesting that this should in any way replace the fights on normal servers, merely to provide an alternative. Both sides would have to agree to the fight on the event server. Then as they log in on the server, they would have agreed to fight and the war is on.

Ofcourse, attackers would not have the element of surprise if the initiation has been made outside the game. But this would allow clan leaders to have a good RP story leading up to the fight and the result would be clear and easily integrateable to their relations.

Why event server and not just have one of the clan members host a server? Neutral ground, settlements and weapons/supplies gathered on DayZRP. Simple.

This would require for the staff/admin team to open the event server for them for the duration of the firefight. I know this idea is not anything revolutionary but I felt like this was an idea worth posting. Discuss and argue.

I am not going to post a poll as I would rather read thought out posts than the simple up or down votes (or the post containing simply "+1")

• Emerald

Theres also the possibility that instead of using the event server, the clans could choose other maps/mods to do it.

I'm not entirely sure that is what the admins would like to do with the event server, kind of ruins the RP sense as well.

I think that this idea is cool, it allows a safe environment for good RP.

Does it ruin RP for some people? I would have to argue that no it does not, if anything it enhances the RP for the clans involved in the war. How many times has it happened where your clan wants to just finish the war by dealing a sweeping blow to the enemy and it just be ruined by a random group of cives trying to get involved or just plane oblivious to the fact that there is a firefight going on. This idea is also good because it has the safety of neutral people as one of its main focuses. In my opinion the pros our way the cons in this idea, it is better for clans to war in a safer environment then to risk KOSing someone every time you engage your enemies. Overall the good intentions of this idea and the thought put into it has won over my support, I hope some staff sees this and we have something like this implemented into the game.

• Emerald

Maybe make it simple for the clan leaders, create a template which they can use to request a war event. Something that they can fill out with the requested time and other important info. They could then PM this to the staff.

Also one more advantage for such events would be that including allies to the fight would be easier as the "initiation" can be done before the fight without having to worry about communication distances and so on.

• Emerald

I love the idea...the RP is gained in the regular servers with meetings, initations, skirmishes. Then once war is declared, a date is set...rules would be discussed..like only those on current clan CP can join...etc.

Its has great possiblities. It was suggested long ago, but a revist is in order.

Pros:

• Eliminates confusion, everyone on the server will be involved in the firefight
  • All the members of a clan will be able to get on, the winner of the battle won't be decided by which has most members online
  • Structured RP, possibility of special things happening during the fight.

Cons:

• Removes the spontaneity of DayZRP
  • May be less roleplay, (would an initiation be required?)

This is all the points I could think of. I'm sort of neutral on this one, it's doesn't directly affect me. It's a good idea, but at the same time it removes the fun of hunting the enemy IG.

Pros:

• Eliminates confusion, everyone on the server will be involved in the firefight
  • All the members of a clan will be able to get on, the winner of the battle won't be decided by which has most members online
  • Structured RP, possibility of special things happening during the fight.

Cons:

• Removes the spontaneity of DayZRP
  • May be less roleplay, (would an initiation be required?)

This is all the points I could think of. I'm sort of neutral on this one, it's doesn't directly affect me. It's a good idea, but at the same time it removes the fun of hunting the enemy IG.

Valid points but I really think that the hunting for the enmey aspect can be had in the other server, but I personally think that the stress of both trying to find the enemy and then having the added stress and confusion of random cives that can just show up at your firefight, all of a sudden you have to worry about KOSing someone and the fact that you are both having people on TS calling out enemies and trying to clear the area of civilians it....it just becomes a mess, a stress full and confusing mess. And having a kind of stream line system like this can help improve the overall clan war experience.

As you can see I am apart of a clan and well lets just say the Death Angles aren't very liked that much at the moment and having this system in place can make my job as a diplomat a whole hell of a lot easier.

• Sapphire

I like the idea but only reason civilians get hurt is because when we tell them to leave it turns into a game of 20 Questions.