Server time (UTC): 2023-01-27 11:13

Camo1243 - 1 Aggrevated RDM + Bad initiation - 8 day ban + 2 ban strikes

Guest camo1243

Guest camo1243

Link to report : http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-rdmbadrp-not-enough-time-to-comply-possible-combat-log-desal-s1-11-30-2013?page=2

Why the verdict is not fair : I am not sure which kill I did was an RDM, so I will explain myself in detail on each one.

I am also unsure of the bad initiation, as I didn't do the bad initiation, and the only "bad initiation" I did was with a man heading for the exit passed 30 seconds in to the robbery.

Kill one:

A man with a baseball bat was headed for the exit a minute in to the robbery, and I killed him after a bad initiation

Should this be the RDM I am guilty for, I think I was wrongly convicted, as this man was running to the exit a minute in to the robbery, mildly resisted/stalled when I told him to drop his weapons, and pulled out his pistol.

Kill two:

It was in the late stages of the robbery, and I had brought the hostages to the campfire. One of them pulled out a shotgun somehow, and pointed it at me. I shot him, and accidentally killed a compliant hostage.

Should this be the RDM, I think that it was wrong, as the compliant hostage was in the crossfire, and I told her to get out.

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) :

Kill one: There was a man with a baseball bat trying to leave the camp while I was robbing it. I believe I had KOS rights, as it was after 30 seconds in to the raid, and he was leaving the camp. I gave him 5 seconds (hear me out) to drop his weapons, I said it multiple times, and he didn't do it, in fact, he was resisting. He didn't go in to his inventory until 8 seconds in to the incident. He dropped his bat, but pulled out a pistol. I shot, he died.

Kill two: It was in the late stages of the robbery, and I had brought the hostages to the campfire. One of them pulled out a shotgun somehow, and pointed it at me. At this stage of the robbery, I have told the hostages multiple times that they would be shot if they dropped their weapons. I shoot at him, but being the bad shot I am, and the visible shaking IRL due to the adrenaline rush I was getting, I missed, and shot an unarmed hostage, and the man with the shotgun. The man with the shotgun lived, but the unarmed hostage had accidentally been shot in the head.

Should this be the RDM, I think that I was wrong, as the compliant hostage was in the crossfire, and I told her to get out.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal :

To no longer have an RDM on my record, and possibly get the ban lifted/softened.

What could you have done better? I could have known that you need 30 seconds to initiate, and not left that up to my superiors.

I could have given the man heading for the exit with the baseball bat 10 seconds instead of five.

I could have calmed my self, and gotten a better shot at the man with the shotgun, as not to kill any compliant hostages.

• Legend

It appears several mistakes were made with this particular report. After reviewing the evidence we have decided it was wholly insufficient to justify the punishments given and the entire report bar the punishment for the sexual RP name will be overturned.

In addition to this, even if the charges were proven then you should not have been punished for both the bad initiation and RDM. It should have been on and not the other.

Punishment overturned.