Server time (UTC): 2023-01-26 21:32

Display Adapter problem?

PublicVoodoo

• Legend

'Display adapter does not support format D24S8 for X8R8G8B8'

This message is shown when trying to open Arma 2: OA anyone know a fix for this?

• Emerald

This is a common issue for those either running an older GPU or for those using a sorely out-dated display driver.

Have you tried installing the latest hardware drivers for your system?

• Legend

This is a common issue for those either running an older GPU or for those using a sorely out-dated display driver.

Have you tried installing the latest hardware drivers for your system?

Yea checked everything and its saying up to date only thing changed recently is updating laptop from windows 8 to windows 8.1

• Emerald

Can you give me some specs of the pc? Current driver version and GPU? Has it worked before the update?

• Legend

Can you give me some specs of the pc? Current driver version and GPU? Has it worked before the update?

Yea was all working fine before the update. Where do I find all the stuff you need to check?

• Emerald

In your start menu click on the "run" option, then type in "dxdiag" under this go to input and on the right it should tell you your driver specifics. I could help you out on TS after work but that will be in a few hours (00:00 server time)

I had a quick look on the steam forums and have you set your GPU as your default card in the nvidia control panel? ( If you're using Nvidia, Not sure how it works with AMD )

If that doesn't work, they also suggested when using a ' Newer laptop ' to make sure you have your onboard GPU's drivers up to date, this is what fixed the issue for the OP of that thread. Best of luck.

• Legend

In your start menu click on the "run" option, then type in "dxdiag" under this go to input and on the right it should tell you your driver specifics. I could help you out on TS after work but that will be in a few hours (00:00 server time)

This what you needed?

Pb7tQHR.png

• Emerald

I'll need the tab INPUT

• Emerald

Hold up, I'll send you a PM quickly, so we don't fill up this thread till we have a solution.

• Legend

Hold up, I'll send you a PM quickly, so we don't fill up this thread till we have a solution.

Ok ill check out PM's

• Legend

Managed to fix this

Solution: Restore PC

DONT UPDATE TO WINDOWS 8.1