Server time (UTC): 2023-02-09 09:44

Cannibalism

Should it be implemented?  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello there, I am not sure if this has already been suggested or not but I would like cannibalism implemented. If you do not think it should let me give you a scenario. You are far from civilization and you are starving and bout to die from starvation. But suddenly you run across someone with the same problem and doesn't have as good as gear as you. You then attempt to rob him but he tries to fight after both of shooting you come across victorious you then loot him. After finding no food on the body you take his hatchet, hunting knife, and matches from his body and gut him for the food then make a campfire and cook it. You then eat it and helps you progress on with you horrific adventures in the wonderful apocalyptic hell-hole known as Chernarus.

Like I said I do not know if this was already suggested what are you guys opinions?

This would be awesome if there was also an exception to the KoS rule, so that witnessing cannibalism was a valid reason to kill someone ;)

Yeah running across someone gutting a man and pull a good smaritan on em. But why I posted this was for the new clan the unknown ones which is a psychopathic, mentally unstable,sometimes cannibalistic clan so yeah. I hope it gets implemented ;D

• Emerald

Without rule changes there would be people doing human bbq at settlements constantly and I do not predict that the people I have come across at settlements would use this for any real RP reason. Instead it would be simply them doing it for fun and not considering it at all from IC standpoint.

I am going to let the discussion continue further before casting a vote.

Without rule changes there would be people doing human bbq at settlements constantly and I do not predict that the people I have come across at settlements would use this for any real RP reason. Instead it would be simply them doing it for fun and not considering it at all from IC standpoint.

I am going to let the discussion continue further before casting a vote.

I understand your concerns completely but those people that would do that for no RP reason would be consider trolls which trolling is against the rules but for people like my self that role plays as a man stranded by his clan in the wilderness who was driven mad by being alone and afraid. Who then became a psychopathic lunatic and with the option of cannibalism would only make my RP better and kinda like what Action said it could give you KOS rights f you were caught eating or gutting a human being.

Guest whitepointer

Eh, I can totally see a horde of people people eating the dead after a raid.. A fest of capabilities.

I think the cons out-way the pros in this one.

Guest The Nightmare

This would be awesome if there was also an exception to the KoS rule, so that witnessing cannibalism was a valid reason to kill someone ;)

This would be awesome.

• Emerald

[align=justify]I don't think implementing an option to gut someone is needed, it will encourage killing and it would be abused my trolls. I've been role-playing a cannibalistic for a long time and I can tell you that all you need is to use is your imagination. Just role-play everything using (OOC) commands describe your (IC) actions. Trust me, it's more then enough.

But! I have to warn you, cannibalism is something that can easily cross the line to 'Trollish' and 'Offensive' act. If you wish to role-play a cannibalistic make sure both sides, you and your victim, are enjoying the role-play encounter. I always let my victims run away, before I devour them.

• Emerald

Maybe the idea implemeted after you cross a certain point of negative humanity?

We don't use the 'OOC' (out of character) humanity system in this server. Our humanity is 'IC' (In-character) and can be changed and shifted by your role-play actions.

• Sapphire

Zhunk is right in what he says.

But also I think it would be interesting... :P

Maybe the idea implemeted after you cross a certain point of negative humanity?

We don't use the 'OOC' (out of character) humanity system in this server. Our humanity is 'IC' (In-character) and can be changed and shifted by your role-play actions.

I did not know that haha, thanks for the info!

Well then, the ideas pretty bogus then,

• Emerald

Hmmm not sure if this could fit into DayZRP, could cause some trolling to be honest with people in different ways

It would fit like a glove in DayZRP but the only thing preventing it is the possibilities of trolls abusing it. Eventually if the food is hard to find or even impossible to come by anymore people will eventually turn in to cannibalism. Some people will do everything in order to survive even if it means that you have to eat your friend. Saying that it doesn't fit DayZRP is like disregarding the whole history of humanity which is full of examples of people eating each other in order to survive.

Hmmm not sure if this could fit into DayZRP, could cause some trolling to be honest with people in different ways

It would fit like a glove in DayZRP but the only thing preventing it is the possibilities of trolls abusing it. Eventually if the food is hard to find or even impossible to come by anymore people will eventually turn in to cannibalism. Some people will do everything in order to survive even if it means that you have to eat your friend. Saying that it doesn't fit DayZRP is like disregarding the whole history of humanity which is full of examples of people eating each other in order to survive.

What i mean by it is is i found someone role playing eating someone then im not sure how i would react to that, not sure if i would call it trolling or not

I understand that this would be a huge troll magnet but you cant hardly do anything these days with out someone abuse something somehow so it does not if it was implemented and everyone used it correctly you always have the idiot that would ruin it for everyone it doesn't matter what idea you have its going to be a troll magnet because those "trolls" have no lives and want to ruin peoples' game play. So i don't really care if it gets implemented it was just and idea.

Edit: Not only that but we could change the rules around to prevent from trolling like say if someone saw you rob someone and they didn't comply and you then kill them and gut and them you could be killed for cannibalism. Or if you are caught eating human flesh in a camp you will be disarmed and sent out or executed.

• Diamond

Eat the flesh and become a cannibal?

yes yes and yes!!!

This idea sounds SWEEEEET!

Creepy, but sweeeet :P

Yea well I wanted to post this because of the unknown ones who is a pychopathic, sadistic, and sometimes cannibal clan. :D

[align=justify]I don't think implementing an option to gut someone is needed, it will encourage killing and it would be abused my trolls. I've been role-playing a cannibalistic for a long time and I can tell you that all you need is to use is your imagination. Just role-play everything using (OOC) commands describe your (IC) actions. Trust me, it's more then enough.

But! I have to warn you, cannibalism is something that can easily cross the line to 'Trollish' and 'Offensive' act. If you wish to role-play a cannibalistic make sure both sides, you and your victim, are enjoying the role-play encounter. I always let my victims run away, before I devour them.

I do the same thing here this is part of my app for the unknown ones "Ethan being unaware of the intruder he started talking to himself stating that if he could not find the food necessary he might drive him self to cannibalism. The intruder then pointed his gun at Ethan's head for he was frightened Ethan then chuckled and said "Unless you want to end up like my collection of friends (as he pointed to a pile of bodies stashed behind a tree) then I suggest you run". The frightened man then lowered his gun and asked "What did they do" and Ethan replied "They asked questions". After that statement the frightened man then turned around and ran as fast as he could to avoid having is unfortunate life taken from him. Ethan then said "1,2,3" he then stood up to chase after the man and hunt him down like an animal." So i am in the same boat as by letting them go then hunting them down like a wild dog.