Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 17:41

Real Life Stuff

Trimbly

• Sapphire

Hey, so back in September I did two things I joined this community and I started processes to join the United States Marine Corps. Just this morning I received a message from my recruiter saying my waiver had been approved. The waiver is for a tattoo I got when I was 18, it is in a position where it breaches the tattoo policies that are in place yada yada yada lots of paper work and waiting. But anyway this means I get to swear in and pick my MOS. (I want 6174 Helicopter Crew Chief UH-1, but I'll take what ever they need.) I didn't put this in the leaving because I'm not leaving yet I've got up to a year wait, but I will be very very inactive between work, pool functions and going to the gym. I just felt like sharing this news with everyone I could because this has been m dream sense I was like 6 or 7.

• Emerald

Just a reminder

Giving up does not exist at all, there is no proof for it and you will never ever find it.

Remember that cause that will get you to the end even if you have bleeding knees.

• Sapphire

Good luck man, I may be from the UK, but do us proud! :D

• Emerald

Once a Marine, always a Marine. SEMPER FI. I got a good friend stationed in Okinawa Japan.

Thanks, again though I've got lot of time so you'll still see me around every now and again.

Word of advice: Don't let them pick for you. If you do, they WILL give you the shittiest MOS (Like toilet cleaner) since no one else wants to do it.

Best of luck man, boot camp will defiantly be an eye opener for you. Just remember that no matter how tired or beat up you are it is all a mental game and don't quit. Marine Corps boot camp is the hardest out of all the services but at the end of the day if you make it thru it is all worth it. I could never see my self doing anything else.

If you ever got any questions about anything, hit me up I don't mind at all. Best of luck, on the bright side I hear DIs don't "correct" you as much these days, lol if you don't know what that means you soon will.

• Sapphire

Best of luck man, boot camp will defiantly be an eye opener for you. Just remember that no matter how tired or beat up you are it is all a mental game and don't quit. Marine Corps boot camp is the hardest out of all the services but at the end of the day if you make it thru it is all worth it. I could never see my self doing anything else.

If you ever got any questions about anything, hit me up I don't mind at all. Best of luck, on the bright side I hear DIs don't "correct" you as much these days, lol if you don't know what that means you soon will.

Thanks I know exactly what you mean my grandfather was drafted into the corps during Vietnam and my uncle was a scout sniper, he's been telling me all his horror stories. Also my recruiter and uncle are friends so he's trying to take good care of me I'm pretty sure I'll get the job I want, I'm getting that shit in writing though.