Server time (UTC): 2023-02-03 17:25

iNrGise-Kos-2 day ban

iNrGise

Link to report : http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-s1-kos-desal-20-09-07-13-2013

Why the verdict is not fair : I feel the verdict is not fair because they were trespassing in a CR area, looting dead bodies in an active firefight, and it clearly has on the server rule page:

Trespassers and attackers can be shot on sight by all settlement inhabitants. The trespassers clan does not receive KoS rights on players inside the settlement, you have to properly initiate a hostile action for that.

By entering a settlement you accept all rules enforced by the owners in the settlement thread and enter at your own risk. Failure to follow their rules can be freely punished by CRs.
as you can see it clearly states tat failure to follow CR rules can be be freely punished. Entering a CR area yet alone is breaking Desal Plant rules but also in an active firefight makes it 10x more suspicious, not to mention around 3/4 minutes before that S.D.S were trying to breach the CR area and did successfully taking out 2 defenders leaving me to fall back from the container and being the last one in the CR area.

Additional statements/comments explaining your PoV (in details) : It was an active firefight, it had been 1 minute since mass shots were fired, they entered a CR area and started looting dead bodies for gear, not to mention that one of them looked extremely like an S.D.S member. Also i could not hear anything in-game due to teamspeak being so loud, also with iTunes and finally the affects of being bellow 2000 blood equals extreme loss of hearing so I could not hear anything in game. [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsY7TVu3xL0&feature=youtube_gdata

What would you like to achieve with this appeal : The things I would like to achieve in this ban appeal are for my ban and warning points to be removed

What could you have done better? The one thing I could have done better would have been to speak in direct chat and identify the targets, but this was hard and risky due to the fact of passing out constantly and being extremely low on blood.

• Legend

First: Why didn't you post this video in the original report?

Secondly: You say that TS and iTunes made noise? You're aware that it is your responsibility to hear ingame sounds, and listening to music is your own fault.

First: Why didn't you post this video in the original report?

Secondly: You say that TS and iTunes made noise? You're aware that it is your responsibility to hear ingame sounds, and listening to music is your own fault.

I have slow internet and limited bandwidth.

I am aware of that, Also I was far enough away where the sound in-game would have already started dropping off and that when you are below 2000 blood hearing loss is severe.

reference: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Blood

• Legend

I am very well aware that game sounds drop when you're on low blood. But that doesn't hide the fact that voice is still perfectly transmittable. You can also hear Deng talking pretty clearly in the video.

I am very well aware that game sounds drop when you're on low blood. But that doesn't hide the fact that voice is still perfectly transmittable. You can also hear Deng talking pretty clearly in the video.

The only time I heard anyone talking was after I shot Deng. All the rest was interpretable for me.

edit: I will have to refrain from posing for now since I will be asleep and have got work tomorrow.

• Legend

While it is incredibly questionable that Deng and his friend would choose to loot the bodies they did try to get a response by calling out. You can hear this several times in the video. It is rather hard to hear predominantly because of your team-speak. However as this team-speak noise is something that he can not control and the fact that it is your responsibility we have decided that the original verdict was fair and took into account all the factors present in the case.

This appeal is denied.