Server time (UTC): 2023-02-09 09:39

Steele camped for the night and making his sacrifice

Robert sat by the fire he had made and looked at what he had built nearby lit by the light of the full moon. The stone altar was ready and upon it was the small golden figure that was his most sacred possession, The representation of Ares the God of War. He could hear the cow he had found milling about tied to a nearby tree and all else was quiet.

The last few days had been long days filled with recon missions that The Watchers had been doing along with the killing of zombies and bandits. Each bandit death played over in Roberts mind made him smile. He had cleaned both his rifles as well as his sidearm and meticulously checked each round of ammunition before it went back into a magazine. Now the time had come.

Robert walked toward the cow and taking out his kabar slices the throat of the animal and watches as it dies. He then cut through the belly of the cow and removes the innards as well as the best cuts from the animal. The innards and meat placed in a bucket he had found and taken to the altar and placed above where the wood had been placed ready to light. He had been silent til now but in a solemn voice he spoke as he knelt in reverence as his weapons placed near him "Ares God of War, Son of the King of the Gods Zeus and the Goddess Hera his mate, I thank Thee. I make this sacrifice to Thee to show my appreciation for the power Thou has bestowed upon me as a bringer of death. I ask for your blessing on the instruments of death I have here and may they always be in your service. Every life they send to the underworld I dedicate to Thy name and to honor Thee as an instrument of Your power in this world"

Robert bowed his forehead to the ground staying there for a long moment in total silence before rising up and then lighting the wood on fire to send his sacrifice to the Great God of War. Hours later when the fire died down he took down the representation of Ares, handling it with the pure reverence as he packed it away till next time it would be needed.

• Emerald

Great read! I hope you get to writing more of these some time.

//hope you are enjoying TWS. See you in game ;)

I love it, this is a great start. Keep up the good work.

• Emerald

Was a nice read! Can't wait for more

• Legend

Your Character is turning into more a pagan. I would like to see more of this side of Steele in game :D. Great read.

• Sapphire

Nice read! :D

• Sapphire

//Nice man i always like spending my free time reading all this stuff especially when you see talent in people's writing.

• 2 weeks later...