Server time (UTC): 2023-02-04 11:22

Different threats for different patches!

Guest ZombiePanda

Guest ZombiePanda

I just thought of an idea. Each series of the walking dead has a new theme for example season 4 is infection, what if DayZRP did a similar thing where either each patch or every couple of months a new threat was there. For example one month, drinks would be really hard to find therefore making it valuable, another month being food making it harder to find food and another month ammo etc. I feel this would make it more interesting as at different stages people would have to look for different loot. Thoughts? Comments?

• Sapphire

Might be cool! :)

May I ask why he was banned?

• Sapphire

Admins didn't like the idea ;)

• Sapphire

Admins didn't like the idea ;)

Aha, aye ;)

I like it... but instead of picking one single type of item thats rare, I think everything as a whole should become more rare over time... I think they already did that, however... but what I mean is.. each month, cut the spawn rate down.... little by little until we start to notice that "hey... theres less stuff than before"... REALLY!?... weird.

But, ive been rightfully accused for my desire for hardcore levels in my gaming, so my thoughts on the matter are likely the minority... Most people will say "well you still need the game to be playable, otherwise whats the point."

True.. but during a real outbreak and people looting everything, you wouldn't be finding much in the major areas anymore... Thats what would make things so valuable over time... People with machine guns are wasteland badasses because lets face it... your chances of finding one, yourself, is very rare... you are more likely to find them on some dudes corpse when he met a unfortunate accident out in the wild than to find one in a building that somehow remained untouched after this much time...

Look at when any other disaster happens around the world... like hurricanes and the like... you have looters pillaging and plundering major cities that are affected right off the bat... now imagine months of looting.. what would be left? garbage...

With that being said... I think the game should introduce other loot areas... such as random stashes... campsites... dead bodies... etc... I think you should be able to loot static corpses for a chance to get whatever would make sense for them to have... civillian corpses maybe food... small chance of a backpack... maybe a sidearm.. etc... shotgun maybe?...

Military corpses having a chance to have higher grade sidearms almost always, but random ammo amount (to simulate that they fired off rounds during the outbreak or at zombies before being killed or whatever..)... and by random ammo i mean clips that have literally a chance to have anything from 1-30 round or whatever.. maybe you get lucky and get a full clip.. maybe you get a clip with 5 rounds in it.. tough...

Instead of looting prominent buildings like grocery stores in big cities and always finding stuff, despite it being months after the outbreak... i think static campsites should randomly spawn throughout the map and have tents containing better loot in them to simulate survivors of the initial outbreak making shelters and stockpiling equipment.. this would make far more sense coming across and finding loot than still finding exceptional weapons and such in big cities that should be nearly entirely empty by now...

Just a thought...

• Sapphire

I think the game should introduce other loot areas... such as random stashes... campsites... dead bodies... etc... I think you should be able to loot static corpses.

Yes, yes, yes, yes. I was thinking about exactly this the other night while (trying) to loot Berezino. I think random camps that can be found in the woods with a few tents with bits and boba would be amazing.

But i think before we can even been to think about #Cut4RandomSpawns the dev team will wan to get the lag fixed before "improving" the server as such.

• Sapphire

I like it... but instead of picking one single type of item thats rare, I think everything as a whole should become more rare over time... I think they already did that, however... but what I mean is.. each month, cut the spawn rate down.... little by little until we start to notice that "hey... theres less stuff than before"... REALLY!?... weird.

But, ive been rightfully accused for my desire for hardcore levels in my gaming, so my thoughts on the matter are likely the minority... Most people will say "well you still need the game to be playable, otherwise whats the point."

True.. but during a real outbreak and people looting everything, you wouldn't be finding much in the major areas anymore... Thats what would make things so valuable over time... People with machine guns are wasteland badasses because lets face it... your chances of finding one, yourself, is very rare... you are more likely to find them on some dudes corpse when he met a unfortunate accident out in the wild than to find one in a building that somehow remained untouched after this much time...

Look at when any other disaster happens around the world... like hurricanes and the like... you have looters pillaging and plundering major cities that are affected right off the bat... now imagine months of looting.. what would be left? garbage...

With that being said... I think the game should introduce other loot areas... such as random stashes... campsites... dead bodies... etc... I think you should be able to loot static corpses for a chance to get whatever would make sense for them to have... civillian corpses maybe food... small chance of a backpack... maybe a sidearm.. etc... shotgun maybe?...

Military corpses having a chance to have higher grade sidearms almost always, but random ammo amount (to simulate that they fired off rounds during the outbreak or at zombies before being killed or whatever..)... and by random ammo i mean clips that have literally a chance to have anything from 1-30 round or whatever.. maybe you get lucky and get a full clip.. maybe you get a clip with 5 rounds in it.. tough...

Instead of looting prominent buildings like grocery stores in big cities and always finding stuff, despite it being months after the outbreak... i think static campsites should randomly spawn throughout the map and have tents containing better loot in them to simulate survivors of the initial outbreak making shelters and stockpiling equipment.. this would make far more sense coming across and finding loot than still finding exceptional weapons and such in big cities that should be nearly entirely empty by now...

Just a thought...

+1 to this, amazing idea.

• Sapphire

Come on...someone tell us why he was banned, pleaseee

• Emerald

Yes, yes, yes, yes. I was thinking about exactly this the other night while (trying) to loot Berezino. I think random camps that can be found in the woods with a few tents with bits and boba would be amazing.

But i think before we can even been to think about #Cut4RandomSpawns the dev team will wan to get the lag fixed before "improving" the server as such.

Yea server needs to be fixed first but what Lue wrote would be interesting. I think this has been suggested before too but not many liked the idea. Personally I'd go for it.

• Sapphire

Come on...someone tell us why he was banned, pleaseee

Alt account of a previously banned player. Not giving any more detail, however.

Thought so, thanks Alfie.

• Sapphire

This actually sounds like a good idea.

• Emerald

I like the idea it will add new excitement into DayZRP.